• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JoeDavola

Fuckin' Weather

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

You absolute nerd! Congratulations.xD

All done by (sometimes free) software now.

Guilty. :D . Worse they will still  be sulking in a box somewhere in the loft or one of the outbuildings.  Was some free software floating around then IIRC, No personal tInternet for me at the time, though did have a pile of Walnut Creek CD's.

15 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

Another batch of rain for the SW heading in

Monday and Tuesday look wet for the Midlands south.

Looking at X Mas eve theres a really slow moving front. Expect some unwanted Christmas flooding from that.

Was 2015 Boxing Day the last big Christmassy-flooding? 

4 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

Another batch of rain for the SW heading in

Monday and Tuesday look wet for the Midlands south.

Looking at X Mas eve theres a really slow moving front. Expect some unwanted Christmas flooding from that.

Water table is well up here. a few open holes around the house and the water is just a couple of feet below DPC. When there water table is like that there is nowhere for additional rain to go so you could be well on the money its that statement. Was last  like this back in 2013. 

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

Can any of you  weather boffins vouch for this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7848241/UK-weather-Britain-hit-SNOW-week-bright-start-January.html

It's getting wider coverage, not just on the DM.

Edit: It looks like they've edited the article from a few hours ago, it said snow everywhere, now it just says hill snow. Nevermind.

Whatever! If snow does happen, it will no doubt be reported like it had never happened before.

Had a full week of relatively dry weather up here in East Yorkshire. 

Actually walked on my lawn for the first time since October. Should be dry enough to bring the dahlias in soon!

Looks like a cooling period with warmer and wetter interludes. Progs have a lot of deep cold over Greenland with threats to spill down south. Europe and Eastern Europe gets about three blasts in the next twelve days. Europe cools. No way of tapping into that cool pool.

The UK. Well. The area to really look for is not Greenland. The progs have the cold trying to come down but theres no high pressure block over the North Atlantic. It therfore gets blown away by NW low pressure systems. Colds lurking but the High isnt playing ball to let it settle over the UK outside of cold snaps. I thought the Sun Headlines this am about 14 inches of snow were very optomistic.

The circulation for winds streaming down from Scandinavia after they cool is there...about 10 days hence but with no block in the N Atlantic.no significant cold snap. Might change. Been here before( forgive pattern matching) and tends to a colder spell Feb or into March with such patterns and no blocking high as the cool dips move further westwards.

25 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

Looks like a cooling period with warmer and wetter interludes. Progs have a lot of deep cold over Greenland with threats to spill down south. Europe and Eastern Europe gets about three blasts in the next twelve days. Europe cools. No way of tapping into that cool pool.

The UK. Well. The area to really look for is not Greenland. The progs have the cold trying to come down but theres no high pressure block over the North Atlantic. It therfore gets blown away by NW low pressure systems. Colds lurking but the High isnt playing ball to let it settle over the UK outside of cold snaps. I thought the Sun Headlines this am about 14 inches of snow were very optomistic.

The circulation for winds streaming down from Scandinavia after they cool is there...about 10 days hence but with no block in the N Atlantic.no significant cold snap. Might change. Been here before( forgive pattern matching) and tends to a colder spell Feb or into March with such patterns and no blocking high as the cool dips move further westwards.

Interesting thanks. But isn't February the coldest month in the UK officially, so by rights it should have a colder spell then. ?

15 minutes ago, spunko said:

Interesting thanks. But isn't February the coldest month in the UK officially, so by rights it should have a colder spell then. ?

Yep it is. My direction in this are prolonged spells. 7 days or more with the Central England Temps hitting lows (CET).

They arent common but I love to look for them.

Cold in Feb. Yep. A monster? No one can say. Too early. For me anything like this has to take place and establish my mid Jan. After that the day light length affects cold and snow cover. Hence comments re Europe and establishing a cold pool to tap into later. I just like snow.

This year not bothered to wait for this maybe crap. Ideally go abroad but other constraints mean an Air B N B near Inverness at half term in Feb. Access to the Highlands. I want some snow....for the kids.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Someone in a tabloid is saying that the coming storm tomorrow and Wednesday will be worse than 1987.

Peaks tomorrow at 10am.

A fairly average storm for the far NW of Scotland.

Nothing remarkable.

B3C9AA29-CCE5-4769-99D8-09519FEF3301.jpeg

On 03/01/2020 at 19:33, The Grey Man said:

Yep it is. My direction in this are prolonged spells. 7 days or more with the Central England Temps hitting lows (CET).

They arent common but I love to look for them.

Cold in Feb. Yep. A monster? No one can say. Too early. For me anything like this has to take place and establish my mid Jan. After that the day light length affects cold and snow cover. Hence comments re Europe and establishing a cold pool to tap into later. I just like snow.

This year not bothered to wait for this maybe crap. Ideally go abroad but other constraints mean an Air B N B near Inverness at half term in Feb. Access to the Highlands. I want some snow....for the kids.

if the scottish ski resorts don't get snow soon the season will be over and some looking at bankruptcy

17 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Peaks tomorrow at 10am.

A fairly average storm for the far NW of Scotland.

Nothing remarkable.

was surprised to see shops without windows in the outer hebrides as the high winds would otherwise blow the windows out.

Seriously, some twats put their recycling bins out last night (sunday), for collection Tuesday morning, knowing there were 70mph winds due today.

Mess everywhere.

Fair play to one neighbour, he was out trying to pick all his rubbish up after work tonight.

All I'm gonna hear all night is bastarding cans rolling about the cul de sac!!!! 

How stupid can people be!?

They did the same in my road last Wednesday night. Bunch of retired blokes with perfectly straight striped lawns. It is Thursday morning for collection so, despite a howling gale, stick the open top recycling bags out.

Me. I left mine in the shed for another fortnight. Woke up in the morning to plastic rolling around all over the place. Some is still there today. I am not picking it up. But I probably will end up doing so.

6 minutes ago, Mentalhammer666 said:

Seriously, some twats put their recycling bins out last night (sunday), for collection Tuesday morning, knowing there were 70mph winds due today.

Mess everywhere.

Fair play to one neighbour, he was out trying to pick all his rubbish up after work tonight.

All I'm gonna hear all night is bastarding cans rolling about the cul de sac!!!! 

How stupid can people be!?

You clearly don't know much about people. :D

They plan a BBQ after work even though the weather clearly states it will be pissing by rain by then. 

They also go out to work without a jacket coz it's sunny - when it's going to be pissing it down on their way home. 

They also sit most of their day on their phones so this information is available Instantly 24/7. 

I think there is a thread on here about these type of people. 

I am sure these winds are stronger than 40mph, I couldn't shut the front door without forcing it just now. It reminds me of when I lived on the River Thames (near the coast), the winds there were pretty strong at times, I would not wish to live by the sea :Old:

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

I am sure these winds are stronger than 40mph, I couldn't shut the front door without forcing it just now. It reminds me of when I lived on the River Thames (near the coast), the winds there were pretty strong at times, I would not wish to live by the sea :Old:

It dries the washing well. :)