• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JoeDavola

Fuckin' Weather

22 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Someone in a tabloid is saying that the coming storm tomorrow and Wednesday will be worse than 1987.

Mrs. Eight has a hair appointment at 11am xD

23 minutes ago, spunko said:

I am sure these winds are stronger than 40mph, I couldn't shut the front door without forcing it just now. It reminds me of when I lived on the River Thames (near the coast), the winds there were pretty strong at times, I would not wish to live by the sea :Old:

It is blowing an absolute ripper down here.

It's times like this it is good not to own a house. The landlord isn't going to be happy again tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

It is blowing an absolute ripper down here.

It's times like this it is good not to own a house. The landlord isn't going to be happy again tomorrow.

I had only just been born when the Great Storm arrived so I can't imagine what that was like, they're saying 50mph winds now but it's pretty scary, some of the windows are bowing.

I'm trying not to worry about the patio set which I think is in the hedgerow ;).

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm trying not to worry about the patio set which I think is in the hedgerow ;).

did you not see the police warning picture of the welsh trampoline that had blown across the atlantic because it wasn't tied down.

14 minutes ago, spunko said:

I had only just been born when the Great Storm arrived so I can't imagine what that was like, they're saying 50mph winds now but it's pretty scary, some of the windows are bowing.

Bloody hell that makes me feel old.

I had to borrow a mate's trial bike to get home that night at about 1am.

Scariest thing I ever did.

45 minutes ago, spunko said:

During the worst winds I can remember, a friend who worked for Network Rail was on Yarm Viaduct trying to catch a sheet of corrugated iron.

59 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Bloody hell that makes me feel old.

I had to borrow a mate's trial bike to get home that night at about 1am.

Scariest thing I ever did.

Me too, i was so off my head that night i woke up in the morning and wondered what all the fuss was about.

5 hours ago, spunko said:

The wife put a bag of recycling outside last night. The contents are now all over our garden and probably the neighbours garden. I think I’ve lost a fence and maybe a gutter came down.

When I left work I noticed a lamp post swaying and one tree was about to fall in the car park. I didn’t stick around. (Kent)

Edited by Ash4781b

Quite breezy a few nights ago. I opened my door to find someone's ex-christmas tree in my drive. 

There's always some idle fuckwit who puts their old tree on the pavement as if it's going to be magically whisked away by the Christmas tree collection fairies. Lucky for them, it was whisked away except it was a gale rather than fairies that did it and it came to rest in my driveway.

Grumbling, I stuck it in the back of the van and took it to where the non-lazy bastards take their old trees for council collection.

Anyway...windy.