• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JoeDavola

Fuckin' Weather

3 hours ago, One percent said:

It is indeed 16 hundred hours. 

OT, but as a young kid when I used to hear them say that in war films I’d count 1600 hours from when I watched it to work out when they would meet up, invariably missing most of the film.

I was quite good at maths, but I’d be useless in a combat situation by being a couple of months late!

9 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

is there any threat of winds increasing in intensity as well as frequency in the UK, wouldn't take much rip the tiles off most roofs ?

I hate it when it's windy. I can hear it in the trees .. horrid

12 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I hate it when it's windy. I can hear it in the trees .. horrid

not good for your bees ? 

don't like it when the tiles get lifted

thought there was a global warming prediction that we'd get >100mph winds, but might have been due to pole change or something

35 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Would your first reaction be to drive towards it? Two people were killed by it.

Am I in one of these?

23377636-7885259-The_Tornado_Intercept_V

...or one of these?

image.jpeg

Well today was bloomin beautiful here. Lovely and hot all day.

I ended up taking the day as leave as I didn't get back from my travels till after lunch so I phoned in and did the decent thing.

I don't think I've ever had a BBQ in April and we've already had three 🥳

Posted (edited)

Went to work this morning with my coat on, sweating in the car on the way home. Lovely weather, the swing today here was 13C

That is meant in a good way, bright sunny days always lift the spirits.

Edited by Kwyjibo
clarity about how good this weather is

4 hours ago, ccc said:

Toasty in jockland too. Third day outside with a beer sunbathing this week. Or maybe four. Not quite sure. 

Why would you want a beer to get a suntan...?

Crackerjacks you fucking Jocks mind...

XYY

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Pretty amazing cowboys & injuns storm taking place over South Wales.

Weather radar shows a long, thin needle of a storm materialise over Cornwall and head North East over Wales and England. 

I thought I heard a couple of rumbles of thunder last night; didn't come to anything here.

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought I heard a couple of rumbles of thunder last night; didn't come to anything here.

It was a long thin needle of a storm - looked more like some alien manifestation from a Marvel film than a storm.

1_COR_21052020_lightning_04.jpg

1_COR_21052020_lightning_08.jpg

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

We are desperate for some rain.

I've filled the greenhouse water butt up last night. 
The garden soil is really dusty. I know I need some muck on it but it's a bit late this year. 

I know there are bigger fish to fry but a serious drought over summer seems nailed on to me. 

After the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Centre, there were no flights for 3 days.  It was noticed that the New York skies were much clearer afterwards.

The latest lockdown reminds me of that.  No flights, no vapour trails, no cloud seeding, sunny days.

I wonder how many climate scientists are now updating the models to include the Ryan Air schedule.  I await an alarming headline in the Daily Mail next week when the rest of the country notices.

10 hours ago, eight said:

I know there are bigger fish to fry but a serious drought over summer seems nailed on to me. 

After the most wet February on record, or was it the entire winter, if we have a drought this summer it'll be confirmed that our water utilities cannot cope. From one extreme to the other.

There's no rain forecase here at all, it hasn't rained since early April. There was one day in mid April where it rained for an hour or so. Since then.. not a drop...

1 hour ago, spunko said:

After the most wet February on record, or was it the entire winter, if we have a drought this summer it'll be confirmed that our water utilities cannot cope. From one extreme to the other.

There's no rain forecase here at all, it hasn't rained since early April. There was one day in mid April where it rained for an hour or so. Since then.. not a drop...

It's really got to rain soon.

Is a rain dance likely to work?

On 22/05/2020 at 13:10, Chewing Grass said:

Getting a bit frisky outside now, think the bin might be over with another 5mph.

We've had 2 days of constant 50mph gusts. It is not so much the strength but the relentness aspect of it. Constant.

They have the Mistral in the South of France which is said to send men mad due to its constant blowing. We had the same at the start of the year for several weeks. I fear that it has returned. Tomorrow is supposed to be back to 5mph winds. One can but hope.