DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Fuckin' Weather

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else's finger hovering over the ignore user button?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Eh? The sun went behind the Jura at about 1950hrs. Even down in the Rhone gorge people were sunning themselves until after 7 and swimming. Are you thinking of somewhere in Valais?

I was just thinking of the Alps in general. When I was in the French Alps the sun disappeared at about 5pm :CryBaby:

Fucking weather wants to make its mind up.

27 degrees up here yesterday, but only scraped in at 17 today. 

The sea was fairly rough too - especially around Hartlepool Headland...

P1030735.thumb.jpg.4adb12072f3f1f748988467bdd65812e.jpg

P1030782.thumb.jpg.0a29b59301a21df70ccca7f19a5c6bc6.jpg

P1030773.thumb.jpg.70c166cc0bdd9e4f17e941d6bfab3c84.jpg

But you can rest safe in your beds knowing that no matter what the weather, the staunch folk of Hartlepool will be ready to blow boatfuls of French spies out of the water come Brexit day...

P1030751.thumb.jpg.ebfbd78d0654ce4013ca63df5a4171d2.jpg

XYY

32 minutes ago, One percent said:

We had one of those about 3 weeks ago, I was over by the Jura and saw it approaching Geneva - thought it looked quite close to home. Wife rang in panic. It made a mess of the trees down the road, dented some cars and broke a few people's window blinds, but it's not quite like Oklahoma.

Architects Respond to Oklahoma City Tornado Disaster | Architect Magazine

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
11 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

Lets embrace winter.

Boris says were the next Saudi.

Whatever that means.

Windpower. Heres me thinking of chopping up journos.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/science-environment-54285497

Isnt there a 'sweet spot' for wind, and if its too windy they have to be turned off. Certianly the ones here in the fens seem to stop spininning if its real windy. Perhaps that means for much of winter/autumn (when they are needed most) will be idle in Scotland/the north. 

I suspect what Boris means is 'Many tory voters dont like these windmills littering the countryside, but workshy old-money tory landowners really like the subsidies - if I invoke that backward conservative place Saudi, rather than branding it as a green folly, senile old tory voters will definitely go for it, keeping my old money buddies in the rent seeking riches to which they so surely deserve'

1 minute ago, PatronizingGit said:

Isnt there a 'sweet spot' for wind, and if its too windy they have to be turned off. Certianly the ones here in the fens seem to stop spininning if its real windy. Perhaps that means for much of winter/autumn (when they are needed most) will be idle in Scotland/the north. 

I suspect what Boris means is 'Many tory voters dont like these windmills littering the countryside, but workshy old-money tory landowners really like the subsidies - if I invoke that backward conservative place Saudi, rather than branding it as a green folly, senile old tory voters will definitely go for it, keeping my old money buddies in the rent seeking riches to which they so surely deserve'

The modern ones only have to be turned off to preserve the turbine when it's super windy, I think.

What you may be seeing is them being turned off to preserve the grid from an excess of electricity input when demand is lower and windfarms on and offshore are simply generating too much - that happens quite a lot and until the fuckwit government bites the bullet and forces the electricity pricing structure to reflect demand, it will continue to happen.