DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Just seen a black mink mincing about in my garden like he owns the place. Went out to investigate and it sat on the rockery about 8 feet away eyeing me up. Then shot down a hole. Im near a river and these bastards kill ducks and all waterfowl.

Has anyone any expericence with these nasty little bastards? Should my cat be worried?

Im shooting the fucker next time i see it.

2 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Just seen a black mink mincing about in my garden like he owns the place. Went out to investigate and it sat on the rockery about 8 feet away eyeing me up. Then shot down a hole. Im near a river and these bastards kill ducks and all waterfowl.

Has anyone any expericence with these nasty little bastards? Should my cat be worried?

Only ever seen one when I lived by a river myself, and it was a lot more shy as it had fucked off by the time I had got my gun.

I thought they were fairly rare, but no idea what actual numbers are.

Just now, Bus Stop Boxer said:

We had what I thought was one but it turned out to be a Polecat as it had facial markings like a Panda.

BIL lives adjoining a river and has had the bastards in his outbuildings and got in with the chickens and killed everyone for a bit of sport.

Like this.

https://redgatefarmblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/chicken-killer-thwarted/

7 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

When I was kid I went fishing with my dad and a mink took the bait and got hooked. Vicious bastard. Dad knew it was mink so got it in the landing net and twatted the bastard with a rod pole - took about 20 hits for the thing to die. 

2 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

When I was kid I went fishing with my dad and a mink took the bait and got hooked. Vicious bastard. Dad knew it was mink so got it in the landing net and twatted the bastard with a rod pole - took about 20 hits for the thing to die. 

You utter bastard.:Old:

19 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

You can’t kill it because Black Minks Matter. Only the white ones can be culled.

1 hour ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

I've never seen one.  What part of the country is that?

3 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Shoot it.

Itll eat everything inc cat.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Shoot it.

Absolutely......kill the fucker. They're killing machines. Cats dogs birds fish. 

I remember when some lefty twatts released those fuckers; cut through the wire cages and let them go about 15 yrs ago.  Thy caused havoc to wildlife.  Even attacking people.

On 11/11/2020 at 21:07, spygirl said:

Shoot it.

Depends on the cat. 

Many many years ago stayed at a youth hostel in the Dales, the resident cat was a huge monster and to be fair (I’m generally a cat hater) quite cool, it was massive but friendly, and I witnessed it catching trout from the stream by jumping in on them so it was more than a bit unusual, wtf? 

Anyway one of the nights the most godawful sounds in the night woke the entire house, went on for ages, in the morning the cat had been quite badly bitten but had killed a decent-sized mink. 

Wouldn’t fancy the average urban moggy’s chances though. 

6 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Introduced species.

A lot in the wild due to being 'liberated' from mink farms by do-gooders.

Devastating to indiginous wildlife.

Kill mink on sight, and thus save native species.

Ah yes, "Send the Buggers Back"?

On 11/11/2020 at 17:09, MrLibertyRedux said:

Only ever seen one when I lived by a river myself, and it was a lot more shy as it had fucked off by the time I had got my gun.

I thought they were fairly rare, but no idea what actual numbers are.

I used to see them quite regularly when fishing, but not so much in the past 10 years. The revival of otters is driving the mink out.

Edited by snaga