• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

For the record

My dad has died in hospital, after being found collapsed in his house a week or so back.

He didn't recover. He beat Brucie by being a bit older, and had nothing to do with white vans.

It was expected, but I am still a bit knocked out by it.

For all his faults, he was almost a father to me.:o

I now have some whisky, and small cigars.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I'm not looking forward to the funeral. Or my evil sister grabbing all the good stuff, of which there maybe little.

A couple of stiff drinks and get someone else to drive would be my advice.

When you feel up to it you can rant on the thread in the stealth forum about greedy siblings. :)

26 minutes ago, MrPin said:

My dad has died in hospital, after being found collapsed in his house a week or so back.

He didn't recover. He beat Brucie by being a bit older, and had nothing to do with white vans.

It was expected, but I am still a bit knocked out by it.

For all his faults, he was almost a father to me.:o

I now have some whisky, and small cigars.

Condolences 

I'm really glad it was quite quick. I saw him a few weeks back and he was gardening, rather slowly but OK. So much better than having your bum wiped for months, when you can't recognise your relatives.O.o

Just now, eight said:

Sorry to hear that. You're the only person I know who has lost both parents on the internet.

They were just that sort of age.xD Gotta be a first for everything. I'm not specifically blaming the Internet for their demise BTW.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Bad news Mr Pin, I know it's not mumsnet but have some xthanks.png.pagespeed.ic.oE36IrFft1.png anyway.

He was 90, and doing OK until a few weeks ago. He was such a tough old git and we thought he would pull through, but no.

I and my sisters are now orphans, and no doubt deserve free money and a boat to anywhere.O.o

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I'm really glad it was quite quick. I saw him a few weeks back and he was gardening, rather slowly but OK. So much better than having your bum wiped for months, when you can't recognise your relatives.O.o

They were just that sort of age.xD Gotta be a first for everything. I'm not specifically blaming the Internet for their demise BTW.

That is some small mercy at least.

My condolences.

And I hope you don't find need to use the 'rant at your relatives' thread.