DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Children in Need

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s to raise money for the ones with beards that arrived in Dover last week

Is this for real? This year? I thought they'd sorted the school dinners.

Either all that money chucked at the problem hasn’t made a jot of difference, or we are being played. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I saw a so-called charity advert this afternoon showing a starving child drinking from a muddy pool. Poor kid. I was looking at similar adverts 50 years ago. 

Yep, same old same old!

When I was younger I felt guilty that I’d been born lucky and not a starving and thirsty african etc. living in a mud hut.

I used to give a little here and there to charities but stopped years ago when charities became businesses with CEOs, managers etc......and nothing ever got better for the touted benefactors!

Only give locally now where I know for sure struggling uk will benefit. For example local rotary club who funded a person who’d been in a no fault accident. Bought him a modified moped that allowed wheelchair access. Still seeing the benefactor out and about around town.

I thought we'd all agreed with David 'Geneous' Lammy, that there were already too many people with White Saviour complex out there; and we needed to cull some - thin the herd, so to speak...

Has David published a list of celebrities who need to be executed for their patronising attitude to poor people yet?

This has gone on from when I was a kid.

The same problem. So the so called solution is shite.

Rinse and repeat with the pics and moral outrage. More money please.

The population of the horn of Africa has ballooned from live aid years ( look it up yourself). Yet same old same old.

The aid goes with caveats. It has to.

I guess I will still be blamed personally and a nation for these failed states. Get the begging bowl out to those new investors out east.

And please..for the record decades hence...when the new investors fuck off..fuck up or both....then stop blaming me.

The latter wont happen because in some way I will have been responsible for the errors of the new eastern investors.

I just dont care about it anymore. 

Let us buy our way in and trade. Outside of that...get rid of your crap govermments. We might be doing the same shortly.

Edited by The Grey Man

Years ago, I used to work at a company that employed a fair few under 30 wimmin.

This must have been pre tax credits as I rarely come across wimmin in the work places I visit. TC or TAs.

Anyhow I always knew it was children in need as the receptionist would be have comedy ears or something. And the nymphomaniac fiancee would be in something that barely covered in tits.

Working only with men, and now only remotely and watching live TV  I'm fucking clueless to this shit

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Years ago, I used to work at a company that employed a fair few under 30 wimmin.

This must have been pre tax credits as I rarely come across wimmin in the work places I visit. TC or TAs.

Anyhow I always knew it was children in need as the receptionist would be have comedy ears or something. And the nymphomaniac fiancee would be in something that barely covered in tits.

Working only with men, and now only remotely and watching live TV  I'm fucking clueless to this shit

Back in the late 1980s, may first job was on a big engineering job, there were young clericals and women over 40.

One of the young clericals called Elaine was very gregarious and for some reason I remember two special days, one when she wore a black string vest and another when she marched in at 8 am in a mini-skirt and announced 'eyup lads I've got no knickers on today'.

These were also the times when we went for a liquid lunch most days.

Now WFH is better than going into work as the environment has been spoilt by the miserable 'educated' folk who know better.

Edited by Chewing Grass