DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

No new petrol/diesel cars from 2030

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those are the lines along which I've been thinking. The era of personal freedom is coming to an end to be replaced by a modern version of medieval peasantry where the great majority of people spe

I know we have had similar threads but circumstances have changed and Boris being "poised" to announce that this has been pulled back from 2040 to 2030, or more importantly halved from twenty years to

Real world range? To the local shop and back  Put your mask on and work from home. Do not travel for leisure or holiday.    

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Real world range? To the local shop and back 

Put your mask on and work from home. Do not travel for leisure or holiday.

Ban foreign holidays then let’s see how long his promises or indeed Europe’s last.much of Europe’s economy is dependant on tourism.if people can’t get around they won’t be spending there pennies at tourist hot spots .amazon will be a winner here hoovering up disposable incomes 

8 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

This is ten years' hence.

Either we will all be back to normal or we will have all been killed by unforseen side effects of the untested Covid vaccines.

7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Got me camping stuff .there are dozens of places I could go camping within a 2 gallon radius .i Candi my bit and it would if I’m being honest be better than a 400 mile round trip to great fucking Yarmouth which was not that great the last time I went ie September it pissed it down lol

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

The real question is, "what will this do for the supply of roadkill?"

Unintended consequences and all that.

I have noted that I find fewer coins dropped these days and I think it's that the feckless who wouldn't have bothered picking up a dropped tuppence have been the early adopters of contactless or paying with their phones.

I confess I don't actually understand how you do that latter but I also don't want to understand it.

13 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Ban foreign holidays then let’s see how long his promises or indeed Europe’s last.much of Europe’s economy is dependant on tourism.if people can’t get around they won’t be spending there pennies at tourist hot spots .amazon will be a winner here hoovering up disposable incomes 

Cruise ships and aryplanes are very big polluters.

Absolutely no point banning these. The consumer will decide. Maybe the government will ban CRT televisions on the same date, and then claim credit for "something".

Hybrids which were supposed to be so wonderful will be banned too later. Well basically it's a petrol driven generator driving an electric motor.

CFC lamps died a death too, heavily plugged a few years back.

Edited by MrPin
7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Buy a barn, somewhere dryish.

FIll it with well oiled ICE cars, mainly Honda n diesels

Keep them oiled and turning over.

Proft£££££££££

I think the clever thing to do is to buy an ICE around 2027/28 and look after it scrupulously.

There's going to be a big premium on them as 2030 approaches and, in the absence of a decent charging point network, start scrambling to replace their ageing ICEs while they still can.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Speaking to a customer last week, does a lot of international business and travels all over the world.  After a while, he volunteered his opinion that many of the events of the last year are to drive people into working from home.  The more that is digital, the more that can be monitored and taxed.  It was interesting to hear that view espoused by someone who could be classified as one of the elite ( or at least moves in the same circles.)

The growth of the car as a personal transport coincided with the growth of personal freedom.  Reducing the range of cars will reduce that freedom.  Charging from home, controlled by smart meters could also reduce range in times of emergency.

Yes but .....

Only small parts of the economy can be totally digital.

If UKGOV wants to do one thing to generate more tax it would be to force *ALL* takeaways and fast foods to be cashless.

Ditto all migrant-rich businsses - nail bars, hairdressers etc etc.

That would be genuinely hilarious.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Yes but .....

If UKGOV wants to do one thing to generate more tax it would be to force *ALL* takeaways and fast foods to be cashless.

It would not be slowly slowly catchy monkey more like monkeys fucked overnight 

9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Absolutely no point banning these. The consumer will decide. Maybe the government will ban CRT televisions on the same date, and then claim credit for "something".

Hybrids which were supposed to be so wonderful will be banned too later. Well basically it's a petrol driven generator driving an electric motor.

CFC lamps died a death too, heavily plugged a few years back.

#And the public wants what the public gets. 

You will not get choice in the future utopia. 

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

This is clearly racist, as it would prevent drug dealers from laundering their proceeds.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Yes but .....

Start a petition. :)

It'd be fucking excellent. 

The plan has got to be the end of the private car as a viable alternative for the vast majority of people.

I'd suggest that part of the plan will be that office workers - and anybody else who doesn't absolutely need a physical presence to do their job - will no longer be driving to work, or anywhere else.

If you live in the countryside this will sound like madness. But the people who are in charge all live in London, so you're basically fucked.

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

If you live in the countryside this will sound like madness. But the people who are in charge all live in London, so you're basically fucked.

Yes these policies are urban-centric. However I still believe it should be left to the consumer. I bought a CRT television in 2000. No way would I have had the flat screen ones at the time. Over priced, and blurry. Electric cars will become better, and more people will want them.

Just now, MrPin said:

Yes these policies are urban-centric. However I still believe it should be left to the consumer. I bought a CRT television in 2000. No way would I have had the flat screen ones at the time. Over priced, and blurry. Electric cars will become better, and more people will want them.

A great example of pointless government intervention for "the environment" was all the crap about energy efficient lightbulbs.

They made everybody move over to the shit mercury filed CFL bulbs, which provided no real benefit (in this country at least, where a bulb throwing off heat is usually a benefit), and then they were quickly made obsolete by LED bulbs. Rendering the whole exercise an utter fucking waste of time.

xD