Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Cynical Theories or why everything has gone woke


Recommended Posts

There have been plenty of threads discussing the demonization of masculinity, trans madness, anti-white racism and so forth. All of these are symptoms of the woke madness that is engulfing western nations.

I wanted to create a thread that ties all of these strands together and in doing so introduce James Lindsay and Helen Pluckrose, two fantastic contemporary thinkers to add to list of the 'dark web' intellectuals admired on this board. They perhaps even more than Douglas Murray and Jordan Peterson, describe with clarity the lunacy working its way through our society.

Lindsay and Pluckrose contend that Critical Theory and in particuar Critical Race Theory is being cynically applied to all aspects of society as a solvent to dissolve the glue of western liberalism.  We shake our heads in disbelief at 'persons who menstruate', '2+2=5' and  'science must fall', but when you understand that the end goal is dismantle the very foundations of western society and replace it with a new marxism (with the critical theorists at the helm of course), then this all begins to make sense.

Will leave you with this fantastic interview with James Lindsay, nearly an hour long but well worth the listen:

 

 

PS: Highly recommend the Burning Questions series from The Sun. Refreshing to see the young politics reporter Steven Edginton just let people talk freely, great stuff.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many females in senior roles. Public and private sector.  That's nothing against women. But they tend to look at things differently. And I think for leadership in general that's bad overall. 

I disagree, we all sat round in the late 90s laughing at all the silly twats on Lesbian Merkin Weaving Uni courses ending up working in McDonald's. Well they didn't, they ended up at Google, Twit

I think it’s obvious.  Social media has allowed these retards to find each other.  They’re organised, everyone else isn’t ideologically driven so are neither organised or fighting back. 

Posted Images

Yep, don’t have to watch the video to know that the actions we see, from the trans madness, through to mass, unfettered immigration of basically inbred, uneducated savages, through to the bennie system rewarding feckless behaviour and bad parenting, whilst the cost of living runs rampant, ensuring that the sensible cannot afford to procreate, through to the removal of our collective and individual rights. Doesn’t take a genius to join the dots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Miner Willy said:

There have been plenty of threads discussing the demonization of masculinity, trans madness, anti-white racism and so forth. All of these are symptoms of the woke madness that is engulfing western nations.

I wanted to create a thread that ties all of these strands together and in doing so introduce James Lindsay and Helen Pluckrose, two fantastic contemporary thinkers to add to list of the 'dark web' intellectuals admired on this board. They perhaps even more than Douglas Murray and Jordan Peterson, describe with clarity the lunacy working its way through our society.

Lindsay and Pluckrose contend that Critical Theory and in particuar Critical Race Theory is being cynically applied to all aspects of society as a solvent to dissolve the glue of western liberalism.  We shake our heads in disbelief at 'persons who menstruate', '2+2=5' and  'science must fall', but when you understand that the end goal is dismantle the very foundations of western society and replace it with a new marxism (with the critical theorists at the helm of course), then this all begins to make sense.

Will leave you with this fantastic interview with James Lindsay, nearly an hour long but well worth the listen:

 

 

PS: Highly recommend the Burning Questions series from The Sun. Refreshing to see the young politics reporter Steven Edginton just let people talk freely, great stuff.

 

Hi!  I started a James Lindsay thread a few weeks ago as I think he's an important contributor to the woke/critical race theory stuff, but my thread ran into the ground. I hope you have more luck.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the first post from that thread:

 

James Lindsay.

I think this chap deserves a thread of his own.

I first came across him in an interview with Ellie-Jay Keene (AKA Posey Parker) who's also an interesting character - a non-academic happy wife and mother of four who has become a passionate advocate for women's spaces being reserved for women, rather than allowing them to be infiltrated by Transwomen, or, as she insists on calling them, "Men".

 

Anyway, James Lindsay started his a career as a mathematician, but he's become a commentator on Critical Theory, and in particular Critical Race Theory, because he regards the spread of it to be an existential threat to the Western World.

He recently became more visible through publicly stating how he had been a lifelong Democrat but had become a reluctant Trump supporter because of the Dem's support of CRT.

 

He also achieved some notoriety in being a co-publisher of "The Grievance Papers" in which he and two other authors pulled an Emperor's New Clothes operation upon the world of sociology. They wrote some spoof papers and submitted them to prestigious journals in the field, and some of their papers were published having gone through the usual peer review process. [One of them IIRC was about gay dogs' butt-sniffing behaviour in parks and whether their behaviour was correlated with anti-gay prejudice in their owners - something like that anyway]. Did a quick search and found this - one of many youtube videos about these papers - can't vouch for its quality, but I expect it's characteristic. (Not sure which one I originally watched).

 

 

 

I like him because he has actually read and understood the source papers in all the CRT stuff - Marx, Foucault, Derrida, Kimberly Crenshaw, Marcuse, etc etc, and so he can actually talk sense about them. Which means that his interviews he tends to be wonderfully articulate and informative.

 

Recent interview: (notwithstanding what I've said about his clarity, I found it very slightly opaque near the beginning for about 8 minutes where he goes into the history perhaps too much).

 

 

He's very active on twitter as @ConceptualJames and he also runs a comprehensive website at

https://newdiscourses.com/

 

Anyone else a fan?

Link to post
Share on other sites

DocH, glad to find a fellow fan of Lindsay.  I've long been following Douglas Murray, Jordan Peterson et al, and came across him fairly recently. The hoax papers we're fantastic especially the gay butt sniffiing dogs one, which hilariously got selected as article of the yearby the feminist journal to which it was submitted.

CRT being applied to everything is just so corrosive. Science is no longer a search for objective fact but a tool used by the white hegemony to oppress 'indiginous knowledge' and 'other ways of learning'. 2+2=4 is just something that a white oppressor decided. If an oppressed 'person of colour' decides that 2+2=5 then it must be treated with equal validity. Liberal democracy is an oppressive white sytem designed to oppress minorities. Alternative ways of ruling should be given equal weight, and on and on it goes...

And it end up with nonsense like this:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this is far to deep for me and maybe your simply overthinking things.to put things into context would you have thought one man could worm his way into the Tory party and basicly end up running the country.maybe what we are seeing opitunists simply jumping on the bandwagon realising they can make there own wind and suddenly they realise they can set agendas you only need to get a bit of influence and things start to snowball basicly 

Edited by stokiescum
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yep, don’t have to watch the video to know that the actions we see, from the trans madness, through to mass, unfettered immigration of basically inbred, uneducated savages, through to the bennie system rewarding feckless behaviour and bad parenting, whilst the cost of living runs rampant, ensuring that the sensible cannot afford to procreate, through to the removal of our collective and individual rights. Doesn’t take a genius to join the dots. 

No offence to the OP, but a lot of the "gurus" that people on here gravitate to do seem to be engaged in little more than stating the bleedin' obvious. But doing it on Youtube as if that somehow gives it more validity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many women in senior roles.

Remember the power hierarchy:

1) alpha males

2) white women

3) white men

4) ethnic women

5) ethnic men

Alpha males propulgate Woke as it increases the gap between 2) and 3), and makes 3) and 5) fight between themselves - weakening them both. 

Edited by Stuey
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eight said:

No offence to the OP, but a lot of the "gurus" that people on here gravitate to do seem to be engaged in little more than stating the bleedin' obvious. But doing it on Youtube as if that somehow gives it more validity.

Yep, a cursory look at the discussions on here point clearly to there being dark forces at work against western democracy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Too many women in senior roles.

Remember the power hierarchy:

1) alpha males

2) white women

3) white men

4) ethnic women

5) ethnic men

Alpha males propulgate Woke as it increases the gap between 2) and 3), and makes 3) and 5) fight between themselves - weakening them both. 

sigma males are the ones to manipulate others alphas like all the attention.a sigma is the polar oposite to an alpha and his match 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ccc said:

Too many females in senior roles. Public and private sector. 

That's nothing against women. But they tend to look at things differently. And I think for leadership in general that's bad overall. 

We now have a focus on feelings when it should be on facts. 

Combined with the with corresponding demonisation of masculinity. I'd add that a more feminised 'feelings over facts' minsdet seems to afflict Millenial and Gen-Z men as much as women.

For me the turning point in society when feelings overtook facts was the death of Diana, though I'm sure it had been bubbling away for a while before then.

I'd also add that Merkel opening the floodgates to massive numbers of migrants happened immediately after a Palestinian girl cried in front of her on camera about the threat of deportation. Clearly an emotional decision based on feelings.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Miner Willy said:

DocH, glad to find a fellow fan of Lindsay.  I've long been following Douglas Murray, Jordan Peterson et al, and came across him fairly recently. The hoax papers we're fantastic especially the gay butt sniffiing dogs one, which hilariously got selected as article of the year by the feminist journal to which it was submitted.

Hi Miner Willy and welcome.

The thing I like about him is that he has actually read Derrida and the rest, and consequently understands and can convey the historical currents that have led to where we are. And it also helps him to be wonderfully engaging and articulate when he's explaining this stuff. He's one of those few people one feels one always learns from.

Dosbodder Eight above has said that Lindsay is merely "stating the bleedin' obvious."  The trouble is that the people espousing CRT and the like are very articulate in their own way, and they have become entrenched in positions of power and influence. To start to combat them requires a greater degree of articulateness than merely statin' the bleeding obvious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Miner Willy said:

And it end up with nonsense like this:

I managed about two-thirds of the way through and had to stop. To be fair you notice that these are all kids and I'm fairly sure I probably blathered some equally silly but different nonsense when I was their age and sure I had all the answers. They're hardly dark forces threatening our way of life though; when they have finished ranting against the patriarchy they will be off to the pub for a self-satisfied pint/smoke and shag afterwards. I think them getting more sex than me is part of the reason it hurts  to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I managed about two-thirds of the way through and had to stop. To be fair you notice that these are all kids and I'm fairly sure I probably blathered some equally silly but different nonsense when I was their age and sure I had all the answers. They're hardly dark forces threatening our way of life though; when they have finished ranting against the patriarchy they will be off to the pub for a self-satisfied pint/smoke and shag afterwards. I think them getting more sex than me is part of the reason it hurts  to watch.

I see you the new totalitarian rules from our overlords has passed you by.  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Alpha males propulgate Woke as it [...] makes 3) and 5) fight between themselves - weakening them both. 

Propulgate is a good word I shall add that to my library.

It's a well-known strategy documented by Eric Berne. He even gave it a name: "Let's you and him fight"

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Miner Willy said:

Combined with the with corresponding demonisation of masculinity. I'd add that a more feminised 'feelings over facts' minsdet seems to afflict Millenial and Gen-Z men as much as women.

For me the turning point in society when feelings overtook facts was the death of Diana, though I'm sure it had been bubbling away for a while before then.

I'd also add that Merkel opening the floodgates to massive numbers of migrants happened immediately after a Palestinian girl cried in front of her on camera about the threat of deportation. Clearly an emotional decision based on feelings.

 

And don't forget the dead child on beach. 

Sad but completely change a country for one dead child picture ? Utter lunacy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

They're hardly dark forces threatening our way of life though

Imagine them in charge of a HR department in 15 years. Or being a lecturer installing even more nonsensical stuff into future students. Or some activist destabilising and destroying businesses by accusing them of not having decolonised their minds enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Propulgate is a good word I shall add that to my library.

It's a well-known strategy documented by Eric Berne. He even gave it a name: "Let's you and him fight"

Always funny when a burd tries that tactic and then the two blokes ignore her and have a pint.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DocH said:

Dosbodder Eight above has said that Lindsay is merely "stating the bleedin' obvious."  The trouble is that the people espousing CRT and the like are very articulate in their own way, and they have become entrenched in positions of power and influence. To start to combat them requires a greater degree of articulateness than merely statin' the bleeding obvious.

Good point, I just feel that nobody has told me, personally, anything that I didn't already know for a long time now. I might watch this chap and find myself agreeing with everything that they say, but do we not deride that as conformation bias? I have been enjoying Neil Oliver's contributions to Talk Radio but he is only essentially saying what I would say, given the same platform. So what do I actually gain from watching him apart from perhaps a sense of smug reinforcement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ccc said:

And don't forget the dead child on beach. 

Sad but completely change a country for one dead child picture ? Utter lunacy. 

True, and it was a staged picture at that. I saw a vid at the time of two blokes carrying the kid and laying him into the water in front of a bunch of photographers and reporters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...