DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Elite Sport/ Strictly Come Dancing COVID Positive Rate

Has anyone kept records of the percentage of elite sportspeople and shite dance program contestants who are testing positive?

It strikes me they have far higher rates than the general population at large, which begs the question why these things are allowed to continue while pubs have to shut.

Just now, blobloblob said:

Has anyone kept records of the percentage of elite sportspeople and shite dance program contestants who are testing positive?

It strikes me they have far higher rates than the general population at large, which begs the question why these things are allowed to continue while pubs have to shut.

And not a single one has come down with the much advertised "long" covid. 9_9

Well, I confess to watching strictly come dancing. This year the dancing has been very good. I just like to watch nice dancing to live music. I’m enjoying the scaled down version in 2020. Reminds me of simpler times! For several years I’ve only watched the dances but am finding the whole show more watchable this year.

That boxer, Nicola Adams? has had to be put out of the show due to her professional partner testing COVID positive. No loss really because Nicola just hasn’t got the dance vibe, in my opinion.

JJ Chalmers, hadn’t heard of him before, should be next to go. Can’t jive. Dismal! Oh, and he got to wear an official uniform plus a live call from harry who is a mate apparently. 🙄

8 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Well, I confess to watching strictly come dancing. This year the dancing has been very good. I just like to watch nice dancing to live music. I’m enjoying the scaled down version in 2020. Reminds me of simpler times! For several years I’ve only watched the dances but am finding the whole show more watchable this year.

That boxer, Nicola Adams? has had to be put out of the show due to her professional partner testing COVID positive. No loss really because Nicola just hasn’t got the dance vibe, in my opinion.

JJ Chalmers, hadn’t heard of him before, should be next to go. Can’t jive. Dismal! Oh, and he got to wear an official uniform plus a live call from harry who is a mate apparently. 🙄

The Ginger one in California? How nauseating.

18 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The Ginger one in California? How nauseating.

Yes, the ultimate lowlight of the show. I suppose it was to get him votes coz invictumus? games....rambling shite.

JJ chalmers didn’t jive very well at all and hopefully the voting public aren’t fans of the ginger one and he has no influence. 

Just now, Van Lady said:

Yes, the ultimate lowlight of the show. I suppose it was to get him votes coz invictumus? games....rambling shite.

JJ chalmers didn’t jive very well at all and hopefully the voting public aren’t fans of the ginger one and he has no influence. 

I watched a bit of it. Turned off after the two who were dressed like cockneys. I thought the short plump lady in purple was very good.

4 hours ago, dgul said:

I have a feeling that celebrity types are being tested, unlike the majority of the population in general.

I reckon we'll have all had it by the end of the year.

[I've had it twice already]

France V Fiji this weekend had the potential to be a cracking game of rugby, cancelled because of positive tests in the Fiji camp. However there’s no doubt that the testing regime inside these ‘biosecure bubbles’ is significant. It does beg the question why elite athletes need multiple tests each week? They’re minimal risk, is it simply to feed the fear?