DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Things we haven't had this year because of COVID...

Thread title is self explanatory, but for the legion of DOSBODS' over-thinkers, just name some annual event that you usually take for granted - and that has previously occurred every year for most of/your entire life - that hasn't taken place in this Godforsaken year.

I'll kick it off with the 65th Eurovision Song Contest, that Rotterdam never got to host. So it hasn't been all bad...! 

Anyone else...

XYY

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Freedom of association.   This means meeting my family and friends in the great pubs and restaurants of the U.K.  And also seeing people in their homes and having them in mine.   We should, frankly, b

I'm genuinely surprised that none of you switched-on political animals has mentioned the obvious. You've been robbed of your opportunity to vote in the most important electoral event of 2020 - as far

Any sex because I've been awaiting a circumcision since December due to phymosis. You asked.

1 hour ago, Ina said:

Freedom of association.   This means meeting my family and friends in the great pubs and restaurants of the U.K.  And also seeing people in their homes and having them in mine.   We should, frankly, be rioting in the streets over the removal of civil liberties and basic rights.  I am beyond fucked off.

Agree.

Under current rules my daughter is not allowed to visit my home or me hers. WTF?

No option to think in the day, hey...I fancy a coffee shop/restaurant visit. Has to be booked in rural Scotland. Not my style.

I’m not an avid spender but do like to browse around shops, markets, charity shops or attend a live event whether it’s music, art display etc. All destroyed really.

What I hate is the lack of spontaneity to just live. Go and do what I want when I want.....many places closed, have to book, rules....not for me all that crap!

I’m fairly sure I’m not alone in being angry about the devastation to ordinary day to day life. I can’t really imagine the level of anger many must be feeling due to losing their job or business in this fiasco.

Maybe the collective anger will result in protests/riots that will change things? Maybe not. Depressing state of affairs in the uk currently. To be honest I still feel at times that I can’t believe the new reality. Such massive changes in 6+ months.

51 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Maybe the collective anger will result in protests/riots that will change things?

I'm still trying to work out when exactly the moment was in the past that the country became so demoralised/conditioned that lamp-posts aren't adorned with COVID cronies. 

2 hours ago, Ina said:

And also seeing people in their homes and having them in mine.  

I'm beginning to think a lot of people are doing this, but they are not making a fuss about it because they don't understand the concept of civil liberties. They're just doing it on the quiet because they don't want to appear like they are not 'true believers'. It's 'one rule for me and one for thee'.

As the old jokes goes:

Anglicans don't recognise the Pope
Unitarians don't recognise the Trinity
Methodists don't recognise each other in the off-licence.

Eventually this has to break down because the real reasons for it no longer hold any weight and it just becomes a stale custom.