DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have we woken up yet, they are turning us all into nothing more than semi free range slaves and using covid to do it.  The police and military will just follow orders. What are you prepared to do

Do you think they're ever going to realise that greatly expanding the population, mainly through mass immigration and encouraging and rewarding the feckless breeders with generous benefits, is maybe n

The entire establishment wants fucking burning down, if you work for the government in any way or shape you should be shunned from normal society now 

Posted Images

I'm going to spout an unpopular opinion here but I'd probably support this. Anything to get all the old selfish cunts off the road that drive at 25mph in a 50.

The flipside is that I wouldn't trust them to introduce a tracker that prices you on usage, without also taking into account your "driving style" ie. speed and all that shite.

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm going to spout an unpopular opinion here but I'd probably support this. Anything to get all the old selfish cunts off the road that drive at 25mph in a 50.

The flipside is that I wouldn't trust them to introduce a tracker that prices you on usage, without also taking into account your "driving style" ie. speed and all that shite.

Metering points / cameras at every junction  = average speed calculating devices across the whole network that is metered up,  Been like this on toll roads on the continent for decades with automated fines depending on how fast you want to get to destination.

12 minutes ago, spunko said:

Road pricing won't stop people driving inconveniently.

It'll just make driving more expensive for everyone.

Of course, road pricing is actually built into our fuel duties, with an additional factor that more polluting vehicles generally pay more (apart from the diesel mess).  Road pricing removes this, in that (generally) all vehicle types pay the same.  But they'll just add road pricing and keep the fuel duty, so they'll double up on the road pricing.

But they'll have to do something, because electric vehicles don't currently have a 'per mile' cost (albeit hidden, like fuel duty), and they can't have them driving for free.

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

But they'll have to do something, because electric vehicles don't currently have a 'per mile' cost (albeit hidden, like fuel duty), and they can't have them driving for free.

That's the big one. You bought our recommended product, and now we will charge you extra..

What will actually be happening here IMO is the following :-

The French government passes favours around between their elites to cream off zillions from the population (and visitors) using private companies running the private motorways at rip-off prices. For some reason, the French accept this total reaming without complaint - slowly boiled frogs, perhaps...

It costs me 40CHF per year to use Swiss motorways. ONE trip to the west coast of France and back will cost approx 180 Euros in motorway tolls.

Both Tory and Labour scum will have been looking on this with envious eyes for years, wondering how they can get their mates/party donors in on a massive scam like that. The greenwash/electric car revolution looks like being their way in.  

I daresay it'll start gently, so that UK motorists feel like they're having a nice massage - a nice quiet efficient motorway at a very cheap price, but before a decade has gone by of increases way above inflation they'll feel like the're getting reamed with a telegraph pole. 

We already have a few PAYG roads / tunnels / bridges in the UK but most are privately owned. The average speed camera network is now in place on many major roads and can easily be adaptor for PAYG when needed.

Birmingham - cutting edge in so many ways! 9_9
M6 toll (already live) https://www.m6toll.co.uk/pricing/
Citywide "clear air" tax (delayed until 2021 - CV) https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/clean-air-zone-postponed-until-17967684

3 hours ago, dgul said:

Of course, road pricing is actually built into our fuel duties, with an additional factor that more polluting vehicles generally pay more (apart from the diesel mess).  Road pricing removes this, in that (generally) all vehicle types pay the same.  But they'll just add road pricing and keep the fuel duty, so they'll double up on the road pricing.

Perhaps stopping the subsidies would work. It was only yesterday that Gubbermint were introducing 0% benefit in kind on electric vehicles. Now for them to appear concerned about lack of revenue, well, it's another fuck up from Whitehall no doubt.

The lizard people want electric vehicles ASAP. Working out why is anyone's guess.

3 hours ago, dgul said:

This.  It’s just another way of scamming more money from the productive.  

1 minute ago, One percent said:

This.  It’s just another way of scamming more money from the productive.  

I think few will be going for the EV option, as they don't know the future rules. Many went for the diesel option for economy reasons, only to be told they are dirty and might be banned from cities. A big reminder for the punters not to open their wallet at all.

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

What will actually be happening here IMO is the following :-

The French government passes favours around between their elites to cream off zillions from the population (and visitors) using private companies running the private motorways at rip-off prices. For some reason, the French accept this total reaming without complaint - slowly boiled frogs, perhaps...

It costs me 40CHF per year to use Swiss motorways. ONE trip to the west coast of France and back will cost approx 180 Euros in motorway tolls.

Both Tory and Labour scum will have been looking on this with envious eyes for years, wondering how they can get their mates/party donors in on a massive scam like that. The greenwash/electric car revolution looks like being their way in.  

I daresay it'll start gently, so that UK motorists feel like they're having a nice massage - a nice quiet efficient motorway at a very cheap price, but before a decade has gone by of increases way above inflation they'll feel like the're getting reamed with a telegraph pole. 

It must be about five years ago that it dawned on me that the only remaining thing of value to be privatised was the roads, and that it would be a good idea - if moving home - to make sure you've got a drive, because renting space on the private road to park your car will become expensive.

10 minutes ago, spunko said:

Perhaps stopping the subsidies would work. It was only yesterday that Gubbermint were introducing 0% benefit in kind on electric vehicles. Now for them to appear concerned about lack of revenue, well, it's another fuck up from Whitehall no doubt.

The lizard people want electric vehicles ASAP. Working out why is anyone's guess.

The oil will soon run dry is the explanation.

100% guaranteed...

XYY

Just now, The XYY Man said:

I am not wrong. 

But just like Cassandra, no one will believe me...

XYY

You're right IMO in a sense about Saudi Arabian oil.

There are three strands each heading individually to a crisis in 2030 but combined it's back to herding sand for the Saudis.

1. Ludicrous overstatement of reserves - for every barrel of oil extracted since 1985 they have miraculously found another one in the ground.  No they haven't and by 2030 that will become impossible to hide.
  2. Government debt is roaring away through a combination of big internal spending commitments and low oil price.  Saudi furlough pay was only 60% - not so rich now are they?
  3. The intended replacements for oil income are a disaster.  The Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund is only 11th out of the arab oil countries' funds, unemployment is massive amongst the young and educated, and internal energy demand is growing at such a rate that even if Saudi can maintain pumping at existing levels that be 2030 there will be none left for export.

Aramco shares or Saudi government debt anyone?

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Western governments committing to "we want 100% electric cars by 2030" might be a bit of a clue...

XYY

Ah, do you think they have wisdom? Anyway if all the commuters get electric cars, there will be plenty of unleaded for motorbikes. I think the 100% electric cars thing is a bit of a wanker fetish for greenies.

4 hours ago, dgul said:

Correct. Need to lose the VED too, terrible tax.