DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Nigella Lawson

Someone must have thought it was a good idea to put Nigella on in between Only Connect and University Challenge.

Her skin seems now to be wrapped more tightly around her cheekbones these days than Mary Berry's. She has something of The Scream about her.

That thing she does flirting with the camera - clearly, this doesn't work on me. It just really, really annoys me. It has a presumptious quality about it. I imagine I'd feel similarly if there were to be a remake of Mary Poppins where she repeatedly gets her tits out for no reason whatsoever.

Do most people just find it as weird as I do that there's cooking going on in the background of the programme when it's clearly not related to the main theme of Nigella prostituting herself? Who watches this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone must have thought it was a good idea to put Nigella on in between Only Connect and University Challenge. Her skin seems now to be wrapped more tightly around her cheekbones these days tha

Sorry to complete your nightmare.     

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Someone must have thought it was a good idea to put Nigella on in between Only Connect and University Challenge.

Her skin seems now to be wrapped more tightly around her cheekbones these days than Mary Berry's. She has something of The Scream about her.

That thing she does flirting with the camera - clearly, this doesn't work on me. It just really, really annoys me. It has a presumptious quality about it. I imagine I'd feel similarly if there were to be a remake of Mary Poppins where she repeatedly gets her tits out for no reason whatsoever.

Do most people just find it as weird as I do that there's cooking going on in the background of the programme when it's clearly not related to the main theme of Nigella prostituting herself? Who watches this?

Her knife "skills" are absolutely terrifying. I'm amazed she's still got all her fingers.

8 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Well we're all individual, but most straight men I know find her difficult to watch, and all the men I've known that 'love her' are gay.

[Possibly a case of not so much 'want to be with her' as 'want to be her', which would only be a subset of men, both straight and gay]

15 minutes ago, DTMark said:

She doesn’t appear to have any cooking skills whatsoever either. 

41 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Screenshot_20201116-210524~2.png

Edited by ccc

Shes going on 60 now isnt she, but there is (or was) a natural beauty to her.

Voluptuous Brunettes do it for me.

Just now, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Shes going on 60 now isnt she, but there is (or was) a natural beauty to her.

Voluptuous Brunettes do it for me.

Who am i kidding. I love burds with big tits regardless of hair colour.

59 minutes ago, ccc said:

Screenshot_20201116-210524~2.png

Oh, dear God.

I'd have thought most people watching the two programmes either side would be young, maybe students.

I suppose it's just possible that they have a jar of liquidised saffron they got for a bargain £85 from an ethnic vendor just off the main drag in Holland Park but it does seem fairly unlikely.

Shes on the front cover of some supermarket magazine at the moment. Or a magazine sold in the supermarkets. Catches my attention always as I que.

Then I  realise who it is. Look closer and figure quite an obvious airbrushed pic. Nothing against her personally. Never watched any of her shows.

A Decade or more or so, I saw several women I worked with getting obsessed with her. Good. Got free chocky cakes produced via her cook books.

Alas all I see is her father, Nigel. Those sly looks to the camera..yeah. Whatever. 

Pretty. Makes a penny. Thats it. Chunky figure. Fine. No issues for me there.

Lots out there who could do the same. Well not many with Nigel Lawson as their father.

Edited by The Grey Man

I'm sure I've said before, and it wasn't original then, but I think she's become a caricature of herself. I assume she's supposed to appeal to show a fantasy lifestyle of apparently effortless domestic bliss, perfect host, perfectly dressed, etc. rather than her cooking skills. I've seen her on forreign telly, so at least we're getting some spondules out of her.

Edited by steppensheep
34 minutes ago, JohnThePessimist said:

20 years ago she had the MILF thing in spades. Benchmarked against Delia & Gordon Ramsay, what wasn’t to like? 

She has aged well, but GILF is much more of a niche market and she’s still trying to flirt with the camera, unsuccessfully.

Well exactly.

No-one can turn back time.

The style of charm has to be appropriate for the age of the person - an ageing man mustn't strut and flex muscles, to look attractive he needs to look calm, powerful and elegant - similarly an ageing woman shouldn't do eye-flaring, simpering and body postures for the camera as if she was a 20yo in her sexual prime. 

Have some bloody dignity FFS. 

4 hours ago, DTMark said:

Or to paraphrase: "I watched a program that is not aimed at me, and to my considerable surprise and indignation, didn't enjoy it".

:P

5 hours ago, Rave said:

Or to paraphrase: "I watched a program that is not aimed at me, and to my considerable surprise and indignation, didn't enjoy it".

:P

No, thers some active engineering/mind control/hard sell going on.

Monday is quiz night. The only time I have the BBC on.

I want mastermind -> Only Connect -> Uni challenge.

I dont want this weird contrived over aged spunk bucket on.

I save my swimmerrs for Viccy Cohen, esp. if shes wearign a low cut dress.