DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Good thread title Pinny.

What I don't understand about these government contracts is how they actually meet. it's easy to say it's jobs for the boys but it might not be, in fact it could be something as simple as this Spanish guy emailing the NHS saying 'I've got some masks'.

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

Good thread title Pinny.

What I don't understand about these government contracts is how they actually meet. it's easy to say it's jobs for the boys but it might not be, in fact it could be something as simple as this Spanish guy emailing the NHS saying 'I've got some masks'.

I can't take credit for the title. I read it somewhere. But where there's a crisis, it's amazing how relatives of government officials seem to get a contract for "something" or other.

15 minutes ago, spunko said:

Good thread title Pinny.

IIRC there is some sort of contract tendering register that emails out jobs to bid on. When they got caught out with PPE I think they were just calling around likely looking suppliers off the web.

39 minutes ago, spunko said:

Good thread title Pinny.

Cronyvirus-1984 seems a good auto replace!

This was mentioned on the newspaper review on bbc news last night. 

The idea that normal tendering processes could take place - however long it takes - when we urgently needed PPE is a joke.

The amount this bloke's been given seems astronomical but have you seen how much CEOs of local council's take for running councils into the ground?

It's just a bigger amount of money for shit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8961343/Fury-18bn-PPE-scandal.html

"Ministers, MPs and civil servants could refer businesses their relatives and mates to a 'high-priority' lane and firms which were granted this VIP access were more than ten times as likely to be awarded a contract as those in the ordinary lane. "

My change in bold.

I remember reading back in the earlier days where some private equity or hedge fund tax domiciled in the Caymans was awarded some mutli billion PPE sourcing contract - iirc.

I remember thinking wtf so blatent, but I guess will just be a grain of sand in time and under crisis the cronyism can slip through relatively undetected.  Now, 6+ months later what teeth are there to hold anything to account or bring redress - not a lot.

• 2 weeks later...