DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Ban on beef and lamb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is clearly the aim with everything. Limited resources so we will ban the oiks from consuming. Oil will last for centuries if only the wealthy use it. If we're going to have a larger global popula

Oxford University students have voted to ban beef and lamb from campus canteens   Because they all walk to their university, don't use electricity and only bath in rain water.  

Wealth and power used to explicitly local. It came from the land. Own enough land and your were rich. This was tied to serving the king. If your nation was conquered your power was gone. Conversely if

Posted Images

It's probably all over priced shite anyway.

When I was as university they had a cafeteria that was run in house. Really decent food at a cracking price.

They outsourced it. Prices doubled overnight and all the fare available was mainly processed shite.

Never ate there again.

Which would be the same in this instance.

1 minute ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

When I was as university they had a cafeteria that was run in house. Really decent food at a cracking price.

They outsourced it. Prices doubled overnight and all the fare available was mainly processed shite.

Never ate there again.

Unlike many places I supposed, we had a shared kitchen at the end of the corridor. People learned to cook food, and it was sociable, not like going to the "refectory", which was like a factory canteen.

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Unlike many places I supposed, we had a shared kitchen at the end of the corridor. People learned to cook food, and it was sociable, not like going to the "refectory", which was like a factory canteen.

I was the only person in my house who used to cook properly.

I even got laid because of it!

2 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

About all I could cook at Uni was bacon sandwiches.

This sort of nonsense will surely make the working class feel Oxford University is such a welcoming and normal environment. They won't feel that outcasts in the politically correct upper class asylum.

What working class?  I know it’s a different university but...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8949475/SOAS-failed-2017-admit-single-white-working-class-student.html

university that boasts of being one of the most diverse in the UK failed one year to admit a single white working class student.

The startling fact appears in a document detailing plans to improve access to SOAS University of London.

The document says the number of white undergraduates living in poor neighbourhoods that were recruited through the main UCAS admission round in 2017 was zero.

2 minutes ago, Big Boy said:

I suppose there's some logic to their decision:

energy-efficiency-of-meat-and-dairy-production.thumb.png.2e68aa1b2e2ec454c27c44b1b17c6c19.png

That looks like one of those 'depends on your input assumptions' graphs.

In this case, battery farmed chickens eating only 'chickenfood' would have 100% man-made food given to them (with food-miles and that might be used for human consumption instead, not that it sounds nice), whereas cattle kept on pasture inconvenient for arable agriculture might have very little man-made supplement, and will eat grass that's not readily adaptable for human consumption.

But their simple calculation says 'calories given to chickens < calories given to cattle', and makes poultry sound better.

Now, some 'beefs will be better than others', and they might well simplify their world by just making a blanket decision -- but they're the types that should be explaining this, not glossing over the details of their argument with a 'we're doing this for you'.

Then again, I suppose the decision makers are studying PPE, in which case 'glossing over the details' is good practice for joining government.

Anyway, it is a pointless gesture -- students wanting to eat a decent meal at a reasonable price will cook it themselves, and anyone wanting something tasty cooked for them will go out of campus.  The university canteen is for a lunchtime baked potato etc.

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8949475/SOAS-failed-2017-admit-single-white-working-class-student.html

university that boasts of being one of the most diverse in the UK failed one year to admit a single white working class student.

The startling fact appears in a document detailing plans to improve access to SOAS University of London.

The document says the number of white undergraduates living in poor neighbourhoods that were recruited through the main UCAS admission round in 2017 was zero.

I'm not sure why any honky would be signing up the the School of African, and Oriental Studies.

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

The working class they talk about trying to attract without actually doing anything to achieve it. They just recruit some BAME that are visibly not upper middle class white as a token.

33 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Never ate there again.

Compass by any chance? 

When I was in Oz I initially took a short term contract in the back and beyond with one of their subsidaries  - ESS

Apparently stands for Eat Shit or Starve

9 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

That is clearly the aim with everything. Limited resources so we will ban the oiks from consuming. Oil will last for centuries if only the wealthy use it. If we're going to have a larger global population and/or redistribute wealth to the east then western plebs can do without meat.

The very wealthy see themselves as better. You cannot morally justify being 'obscenely' wealthy unless you think of yourself as being better and more worthy. "I made it because I'm better". "My family has always been rich because we're better". Once you have that mindset then the average person is just cattle with a human face. They don't care about borders because they can live anywhere in luxury. From their perspective we ordinary people don't deserve what they have.

This whole communism thing that is being talked about isn't communism at all. It is oligarchal despotism. Smash the middle class down to subsistence. Hence that idea of not owning property but being happier than ever. They think of us like animals. Just give the plebs enough to live on, they'll thank us for it and wag their tails.

I agree with the first and the last.

Not that you need to add tin foil but might as well as I'm being imaginative but if some measure of "immortality' is on the horizon then the technocrats have done the sums and have worked out there is not enough for everyone (regardless -guess there isn't anyway if the vast majority of the world start living towards 100 years old).  

Need to either whittle down the population or like you say squash them down into smaller footprints - be it less drain on resources, or just easier to stomp on them if needs must.  Not sure many think there better -or maybe just pretend they don't and imagine they are the lucky chosen ones so hey make the most of it.

Going forward and arguably, but if this turns into some global oligarch "communism" then possibly a lot of the world will be better off....it's the middle class West that will be finished.  Already for a few decades I think globally inequality may have been reducing (admittedly starting from an extreme point) whilst the opposite has happened in the West.  Maybe a big part of that is China (and Africa probably left behind as usual) but not all.