Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Things that will be banned?


Recommended Posts

So as we move into our new dystopia utopia, what things are going to end up being banned?

I reckon lots of books will end up being banned/phased out as having unacceptable storylines/heroes/messages, so might be wise to stock up on physical books as the digital version will not be available or will be disappeared into the digital memory hole.

The same with music. Any bands/singers that have a problematic history or dodgy views will be cancelled and won't be available to listen to via any of the streaming services, so buy cd's/records while still available.

In fact I wonder if there will end up being a black market of physical goods that are deemed unsavoury in the future.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any criticism of the next Labour government will be labelled hate speech and then banned.   The levers of power in the modern world are Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Academia and the MSM.

Reminds me of the old joke. A Russian turned up in a Welsh village, knocked on the door and said 'Is this the home of Mr Jones?' 'Yes,' said the man. 'It is raining in Moscow, but in Be

VPN’s

Posted Images

Open censorship is not yet happening. For example, we have websites like Lockdown Sceptics, Breitbart etc and there is no real control over book publishing.

However, there are subtle controls emerging in social media, youtube etc and eventually I suspect all the big players will only allow the sort of content that the editor of the Guardian would approve of. Whether they then go after the darker parts of the web where free speech is still allowed, such as Bitchute, remains to be seen.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually they don't even need to ban things. They just need to make them unviable. So for example, Morrisey has been dropped by his label. L Fox dropped by his agent. So no need to ban these people. You just take away their source of income so they can't participate and don't have an audience and hope they eventually disappear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HolyCow said:

So as we move into our new dystopia utopia, what things are going to end up being banned?

I reckon lots of books will end up being banned/phased out as having unacceptable storylines/heroes/messages, so might be wise to stock up on physical books as the digital version will not be available or will be disappeared into the digital memory hole.

The same with music. Any bands/singers that have a problematic history or dodgy views will be cancelled and won't be available to listen to via any of the streaming services, so buy cd's/records while still available.

In fact I wonder if there will end up being a black market of physical goods that are deemed unsavoury in the future.

 

Films posters of said films .there’s one that will be banned again for glorifying violence rape and drugs allegedly.and below it is today’s latest addition was going to have alien or the predator but best wait till social services stop visiting just in case they say it’s fubar with kids in the house ie scary.

AC92FB50-D22E-482C-9289-04128C95D1B7.jpeg

CB189ABF-5B51-4357-B191-E6C95A5D9981.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Open censorship is not yet happening. For example, we have websites like Lockdown Sceptics, Breitbart etc and there is no real control over book publishing.

However, there are subtle controls emerging in social media, youtube etc and eventually I suspect all the big players will only allow the sort of content that the editor of the Guardian would approve of. Whether they then go after the darker parts of the web where free speech is still allowed, such as Bitchute, remains to be seen.

 

 

In the US, certain large stores will not stock books that are deemed problematic. This happened recently with a book about gender. I think the book is not available for digital download. If all stores follow suit then this book becomes unavailable and the author is effectively silenced. I think this will happen more and more. 

https://anonym.link/?https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/11/12/target-stops-sale-of-transgender-skeptical-book/

Edited by HolyCow
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

In the US, certain large stores will not stock books that are deemed problematic. This happened recently with a book about gender. I think the book is not available for digital download. If all stores follow suit then this book becomes unavailable and the author is effectively silenced. I think this will happen more and more. 

https://anonym.link/?https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/11/12/target-stops-sale-of-transgender-skeptical-book/

Someone once wrote a book about the banning of books.  o.O

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

Actually they don't even need to ban things. They just need to make them unviable. So for example, Morrisey has been dropped by his label. L Fox dropped by his agent. So no need to ban these people. You just take away their source of income so they can't participate and don't have an audience and hope they eventually disappear. 

That can have the effect of creating a dissident class, and there are indications that is already happening; Laurence Fox is one of those 'cancelled' people that has not disappeared, but lives on in unofficial channels.

The big question is if 'they' will begin to clamp down on those parts of the internet that do not fall into line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Films posters of said films .there’s one that will be banned again for glorifying violence rape and drugs allegedly.and below it is today’s latest addition was going to have alien or the predator but best wait till social services stop visiting just in case they say it’s fubar with kids in the house ie scary.

AC92FB50-D22E-482C-9289-04128C95D1B7.jpeg

CB189ABF-5B51-4357-B191-E6C95A5D9981.jpeg

Nice.

It's weird though, I remember back in the the 80/90s the bar for stuff that was rated 18 or post watershed on TV was set pretty low.  

Since then the stuff that comes out rated 12, is in video games (rather than watch Alex run amok raping kids can play it in real time in video games like GTA).  Actually that show Jeremy Kyle where crazies with maybe slightly dysfunctional lifestyles get goaded on daytime TV... Would that be allowed anywhere near 80/90s TV? Maybe I've just got rose tinted specs and the sordidness was all there just hidden.... Well at least they paid lip service to civility I guess if nothing else.

Just a bit ironic if that's the right term that we're soon to be burning books (maybe), cancelling wrongthink and all the rest but we'll have access to the most visercal violence in games and TV.  Idk maybe they'll finally ban that too and we'll all be dumped down into accepting only Noddy and Peppa.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

That can have the effect of creating a dissident class, and there are indications that is already happening; Laurence Fox is one of those 'cancelled' people that has not disappeared, but lives on in unofficial channels.

The big question is if 'they' will begin to clamp down on those parts of the internet that do not fall into line.

I don't think it will be possible to censor the wider Internet.

However, the number of people who have access to it will dwindle significantly.

A good number of users already only use corporate sites, and i think that is set to continue.

A lot of what used to be independent sites back in the day now host themselves on social media sites of some description.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

That can have the effect of creating a dissident class, and there are indications that is already happening; Laurence Fox is one of those 'cancelled' people that has not disappeared, but lives on in unofficial channels.

The big question is if 'they' will begin to clamp down on those parts of the internet that do not fall into line.

People talk in code, we do it here to a degree, everyone knows what you mean, the English language is too versatile and agile to censor effectively.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I don't think it will be possible to censor the wider Internet.

However, the number of people who have access to it will dwindle significantly.

A good number of users already only use corporate sites, and i think that is set to continue.

A lot of what used to be independent sites back in the day now host themselves on social media sites of some description.

That's a good point. They can re-order the internet so that only the big corporates are visited; anything else is on a sort of dark-web which is difficult to access and can result in virus threats etc. Eg Gates could easily bring out Windows 11 which only has internet access to certain sites etc and most people would be happy with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...