DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Some songs that capture the imagination of the masses to become adored sing-along favourites just leave me cold.

I was just posting in the 90s music thread when it struck me how popular Robbie Williams Angels was at the time and how much I hated it (and still do).  Another one on the list is Oasis Wonderwall. A bland dirge that somehow became their most popular track.

What songs do the Dosbods glitterati find utterly overrated?

Robbie Williams - Angels

Oasis - Wonderwall

1 hour ago, DTMark said:

Yes, it's not hard to see what Terry Pratchett thought of it, and I agree with him.

https://www.lspace.org/fandom/songs/wouldnt-it-be-nice-if-everyone-was-nice.html

His (Lennon's) brain must have been occupying the same space as that of a precious little pre-pubescent schoolgirl when he wrote it. 

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yes, it's not hard to see what Terry Pratchett thought of it, and I agree with him.

https://www.lspace.org/fandom/songs/wouldnt-it-be-nice-if-everyone-was-nice.html

His (Lennon's) brain must have been occupying the same space as that of a precious little pre-pubescent schoolgirl when he wrote it. 

I think the lyrics might work better delivered as part of a hypnotherapy package because I cannot imagine any of the things he's talking about under normal circumstances.

"Imagine no possessions" intoned the man sitting in the recording studio of his prestigious home.

6 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Any song by Phil Collins.

All of them, without any exception...

XYY

You fucking truffle mincer. I'm trying to have a Dosbods break but you've compelled me to reply. 

Phil Collins has some top quality work. :Old:

Anything by The Spice Girls. I have no idea how that bunch of rough cunts ever got so big. 

I do love this video though, Geri is on the verge of falling over her heels all the way through and it's bizarrely sexy. Skip to 3.20 to see her really almost go arse over tit. Like Bambi on ice. 

Edited by Roger_Mellie

On 18/11/2020 at 16:20, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

On that note, I was going to nominate this anyway

And I cannot stand this.  If the colour beige had a soundtrack:

On 18/11/2020 at 16:20, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

#knowyourmarket.

On 19/11/2020 at 18:18, maynardgravy said:

Dosboders are on a roll. Agree with just about everythiing posted, especially @The XYY Man's nomination of Phil Colon. 

Not only is his music shit, but his voice lacks so much depth that he has to record himself inside a disused swimming bath just to get enough reverb to cover it all up.

I think Phil Collins is probably the greatest drummer this island has produced and I like his voice.  Though I'll admit his solo stuff doesn't really float my boat...

My nominations: any song called The Power of Love.