DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Errol was right it does cause brain damage

Thank god he only thinks he create thousands of jobs, if he had said Millions he would have been mad.

£4 Billion does fuck all when 1 French designed Nuclear plant is going to cost £20Bn.

Makes £40Bn for folk to sit on their arses for 6 months look cheap.

https://www.ft.com/content/77c209f7-6d18-4609-ac3c-77d1b5b82b34

AFAICT it is just an affirmation to commit to things that are mostly already in the pipeline.  I guess a strengthening of the government commitment may encourage private money to invest.. certainly a few of the British hydrogen stocks hit new highs today on somewhat questionable fundamentals.

26 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

At least this time its actually in some engineering related projects. 

Last time it was the £200bn Ferraris, hookers and coke fund Brown gifted to the Banksters. 

7 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

At least this time its actually in some engineering related projects. 

Last time it was the £200bn Ferraris, hookers and coke fund Brown gifted to the Banksters. 

It`s bollocks  i know two of them very well and green technology is not what i would describe the places being synonymous for 

British towns and regions — Teeside, Port Talbot, Merseyside and Mansfield — are now synonymous with green technology and jobs

Also it`s said 9 of the 12 billon has already been committed a long time ago ,on the plus side the ban of petrol and diesel cars from 2030 was not in it 

7 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

It`s bollocks  i know two of them very well and green technology is not what i would describe the places being synonymous for 

Also it`s said 9 of the 12 billon has already been committed a long time ago ,on the plus side the ban of petrol and diesel cars from 2030 was not in it 

Teeside and Merseyside would be obvious locations for building shed loads of turbine towers for the North Sea & Irish Sea. 

Port Talbot - making the steel?

Mansfield - dunno. 

4 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Teeside and Merseyside would be obvious locations for building shed loads of turbine towers for the North Sea & Irish Sea. 

Port Talbot - making the steel?

Mansfield - dunno. 

PT is a strip works ,at best it could supply slab to be rolled at Scunny  the only functioning plate mills it the country but they make there own slab/billet ,so that won`t happen

If it happenes anywhere it will be Dazzle in  Scotland as Liberty steel bought Maybe Bridges renewables plant  (wind turbine Colum plant) and shipped it to Scotland  where they have bought the old British Steel Dazzle plate mills

I have not got a clue what state the mills are in ,a company i do a bit for were supposed to be going up there to recommission the mills and reheat furnaces this year but that was all canceled due to the lurgy  with the caveat someone else might have under cut them and it`s ongoing but i believe they were/are still due to install the renewables line 

There will be no UK made steel used if he gets the place up and running all the steel they use in Newport is Turkis /Russian shit just look at any car`s sub frame,beam axles ,wishbones for proof of that 

41 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Kuato?

My memory can be pretty bad, had to look up that word for example.  For other things have pretty good memory... Butchers dogs, I'm sure I've heard him say it a couple of times and is just one of those phrases that sticks out...

.. He's part of the famous five of course.  He regularly feasts on lashings of bacon eggs and tea for breakfast before taking a motorcar to the seaside for cucumber elevenses.  

That's kinda why it sticks out... Our current leader talks (warbles or waffles) like some fantasy character from Peter Pan from bygone days.

Sure it's maybe an act and he's got a fierce intellect and all that, doesn't stop him being a complete bozo.

1 hour ago, Dogtania said:

My memory can be pretty bad, had to look up that word for example.  For other things have pretty good memory... Butchers dogs, I'm sure I've heard him say it a couple of times and is just one of those phrases that sticks out...

.. He's part of the famous five of course.  He regularly feasts on lashings of bacon eggs and tea for breakfast before taking a motorcar to the seaside for cucumber elevenses.  

That's kinda why it sticks out... Our current leader talks (warbles or waffles) like some fantasy character from Peter Pan from bygone days.

Sure it's maybe an act and he's got a fierce intellect and all that, doesn't stop him being a complete bozo.

Kuato is the picture above my original reply (Total Recall).