DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Massive increase in defence spending.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn't that sum match the proposed cut in the foreign aid buget ?

War.

China. [With whom, 1%, with whom]

Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

And special operations kit bags with hand grenades, nasty knives and mess tins,

And boots. Don't forget the boots! Handy for marching. My instinct is the money will be wasted on more Cyber-Twaddle, when GCHQ, SIS, HMGCC already have enough CyberTwits (IMHO). Still, it might lead to providing work.

It does look like foreign aid is to be reduced, according to whatever headline I read in the paper shop. Whether foreign aid, or the MOD is a better investment, I don't know. All is public spending.

Like I said, I hope it's not all spent on Chinese routers for some failure of an IT project.

See AirCraft Carrier thread.

Armenia's entire load of battle ready tanks, all 100 of them, was wiped out by drone munitions ina few minutes.

Total slaughter.

They are not spending on squaddies.

The world has just had its first tank equivalent of a horse charge into a machine gun post.

All the spending listed on the radio currently falls into MI6, Police and Cheltenham.

They are massively increasing the budget for all things software, calling it Defence, then they are going to can must the stuff you think of army/navy -tanks, boats, drunk squaddies.

The MI6, Police n spies will be classed as MOD, so the MOD bodies go up.

Then theyll get rid of ~20k the KFC single mum shagging squaddies.

ive no problem with this. This stuff is way too late. Andprogress has been blocked by the MOD and their gormless generals.

Armor attrition in Nagorno-Karabakh battle not a sign US should give up on tanks, experts say

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/09/30/armor-attrition-in-nagorno-karabakh-battle-not-a-sign-us-should-give-up-on-tanks-experts-say/

Sadly, for them, it is.

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It does look like foreign aid is to be reduced, according to whatever headline I read in the paper shop. Whether foreign aid, or the MOD is a better investment, I don't know. All is public spending.

Like I said, I hope it's not all spent on Chinese routers for some failure of an IT project.

Are there any foreign not already in the UK?

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

See AirCraft Carrier thread.

Armenia's entire load of battle ready tanks, all 100 of them, was wiped out by drone munitions ina few minutes.

Total slaughter.

They are not spending on squaddies.

The world has just had its first tank equivalent of a horse charge into a machine gun post.

All the spending listed on the radio currently falls into MI6, Police and Cheltenham.

They are massively increasing the budget for all things software, calling it Defence, then they are going to can must the stuff you think of army/navy -tanks, boats, drunk squaddies.

The MI6, Police n spies will be classed as MOD, so the MOD bodies go up.

Then theyll get rid of ~20k the KFC single mum shagging squaddies.

ive no problem with this. This stuff is way too late. Andprogress has been blocked by the MOD and their gormless generals.

Armor attrition in Nagorno-Karabakh battle not a sign US should give up on tanks, experts say

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/09/30/armor-attrition-in-nagorno-karabakh-battle-not-a-sign-us-should-give-up-on-tanks-experts-say/

Sadly, for them, it is.

Are there any foreign not already in the UK?

The Azeris are full of shit.  Their claims of 100 tanks destroyed are exaggerated, as are the methods (not all were destroyed by drones).  The 2020 drone panic/hysteria is fueled in no small part by certain players looking to flog their wares (like Israel), by hyping the drone as the biggest evolution since automatic bullets.

But what happens when Turk/Israeli drones are put up against a force that isn't lazy and reckless?  They get shot down and their operators stabbed to death... as was the case when this new wonder weapon tried to obliterate Russian bases in Syria - the drones were detected, then shot down, then Spetsnaz went and had a word with the operators because they knew where they were coming from.

Drones are cheaper than planes, especially without costly humans on board.  But bullets are cheaper than drones.

Edited by ElKapitan84