DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

New car design features that are actually a backwards step.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Touchscreen controls for everything. heater temperature, radio volume etc, the lot. Dangerous.

I'll start. I have a rental Hyundai Tucson at the moment.  It has an electric handbrake. What a useless piece of crap. Completely unnecessary complication. If you want to shuffle the cars on the

Keyless entry - just no. No spare wheel - cheap gits. Only one reversing light - cheap gits.

Posted Images

Yes. I've got a Ford Transit Custom. To open the bonnet you have to go round to the front of the van and unlock the bonnet release with your ignition key. They all break and I now utilise a large spanner to open the bonnet by poking at the release cable. This I find a more agreeable solution as opposed to giving Ford the shirt off my back for a new cable assembly.

They've been installing internal releases for years. What on earth possessed the stupid bastards to fit it on the outside?? They might know it's going to be used regularly as it's a Ford...

100% agree with electronic brake, total nightmare if on a hill and close quarters with an obstruction and a badly implemented one.

Indicators - or more accurately combo light units with DRLs where particularly during the day you cannot see indicators  from certain angles, not just difficult to see but almost totally obscured both physically and by the close proximity of the daylight bulb.

1 minute ago, Popuplights said:

They call that piano black usually

If I wanted to buy a piano on wheels that is what I would buy, in a car, just a menace

ECU's.BCM's,whatever in footwells, or other  low points. combined with drain holes in scuttles with an inappropriately sized hole / tube designed to block and flood the interior at first opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Boglet said:

Touchscreen controls for everything. heater temperature, radio volume etc, the lot.

Dangerous.

Can't wait for this to start happening on these cars as they age.

Q. As soon as my car boots, the touchscreen starts registering dozens of phantom 'touches' on the screen per second, to the point where I'm not even able to safely do anything. I've tried cleaning the screen; nada. It jumps all over the place anyway, so it's not that there's a spot on the screen or something. My car is now effectively unusable, and I'm about 3 months past my warranty. Any advice?

A. As I understand the touchscreen isn't working as it normally does, Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:  Just to clarify, did you check if the issue persists in cars BIOS? if not I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS screen (Accessed by tapping on reset while restarting the car). If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall the display drivers, install the latest updates for the display adapters and BIOS, if the issue persists.

Q. The touch screen is messed up in the BIOS as well. When I enter the BIOS component diagnostic mode and test the touch screen, it doesn't respond to my touches whatsoever, but is responding to the 'phantom' touches on the screen. So I guess it's hardware.

A. Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉  I appreciate your time and efforts, I'm afraid it is a hardware failure and I recommend you contact an authorised dealer to get the car recovered and repaired. Your query is now closed. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Popuplights said:

I'll start. I have a rental Hyundai Tucson at the moment. 

It has an electric handbrake. What a useless piece of crap. Completely unnecessary complication. If you want to shuffle the cars on the drive, the bloody car won't let you release the handbrake until you have put your seatbelt on.

Any others? 

wait till it goes wrong

I`m not sure if it`s still a thing with Merc vans but if you had a light out the thing would not rev over 1000 rpm when you started it until you put it in gear and proceeded to move off 

I can remember doing a head-gasket i spent two days after trying to work out why the fecking thing would not rev over 1000rpm the last thing in the world i though would have cause it  was a fucked  brake light 

They ripped the piss right out of me when i went the a Merc dealer to ask from some advice