DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Tablet's busted.. can't find a replacement

Question

Hi guys,  I think I'm looking for a unicorn,  but worth throwing out there just in case something exists.

I stepped on my old faithful Huawei Mediapad and am looking for something similar but newer.

So,  Android tablet, around 10" screen with 4:3 aspect ratio, 3+gig ram and memory card slot. Good processor and sound a bonus.

Basically an ipad air..   but android.

Any ideas?

7 answers to this question

On 19/11/2020 at 19:46, Libspero said:

Hi guys,  I think I'm looking for a unicorn,  but worth throwing out there just in case something exists.

I stepped on my old faithful Huawei Mediapad and am looking for something similar but newer.

So,  Android tablet, around 10" screen with 4:3 aspect ratio, 3+gig ram and memory card slot. Good processor and sound a bonus.

Basically an ipad air..   but android.

Any ideas?

Crapple.  I know i moan but....   :)

2 hours ago, Libspero said:

In response to the deafening silence..  I’ve gone for a cheapish Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 - f***ing wide screen aspect ratio to tide me over until someone takes Apple’s lead again and offers decent aspect ratios.

What's wrong with wider aspect ratios...?

XYY

2 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

What's wrong with wider aspect ratios...?

XYY

I tend to hold my tablet in landscape..  which means for me I either need to go bigger to get the same screen height..  but then my fingers can’t easily reach the middle,  or I have to keep the width the same and lose half the top of the screen.. which is really annoying for web browsing.  When it comes to aspect ratios,  Apple  got it right AFAIC.

4 hours ago, One percent said:

Crapple.  I know i moan but....   :)

We have a crappie ipad.  I hate it.  Partly because my wife has “childproofed” it in a huge protector so it’s massive,  but mainly because I tend to keep media on my tablet..  and I much prefer just hot swapping SD cards than faffing about with iTunes and all that BS. Plus even if I did that Apple tend to have miserable capacity at the entry end and price gouge you for higher capacity models.   Between losing half my screen and having to deal with Apple..  I’d still rather lose half my screen.  Just.

On 22/11/2020 at 15:55, Libspero said:

We have a crappie ipad.  I hate it.  Partly because my wife has “childproofed” it in a huge protector so it’s massive,  but mainly because I tend to keep media on my tablet..  and I much prefer just hot swapping SD cards than faffing about with iTunes and all that BS. Plus even if I did that Apple tend to have miserable capacity at the entry end and price gouge you for higher capacity models.   Between losing half my screen and having to deal with Apple..  I’d still rather lose half my screen.  Just.

You can get Lightning USB sticks.

SanDisk 32GB iXpand USB Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

:)