DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Priti Patel Causes Staff to Tremble

30 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

They are all shits at that level.

Yes that is my view too.

In my experience senior civil servants are also quite as adept at bullying their junior staff as any private sector bosses but needless to say that rarely makes the headlines.

To be honest ministers and senior civil servants deserve each other.

If only a fraction of the stories about Gordon Brown are true he sounds a border line nut case.

Ironically I knew someone who briefly worked in a junior role in Number 10 for Margaret Thatcher and she was apparently a very kind boss.

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/professions/article/book-review-memories-of-margaret-thatcher-from-no-10s-first-female-private-secretary

Edited by Virgil Caine
8 minutes ago, Bandit Banzai said:

She looks quite, um..... stern too. o.O

Yes. Exactly the type who wants the Stokie treatment. Think she’ll fancy someone she can scream and bitch at with impunity? No chance. 

I’ve been wondering if she and BoJo  have exchanged body fluids at some point. 

8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yes. Exactly the type who wants the Stokie treatment. Think she’ll fancy someone she can scream and bitch at with impunity? No chance. 

I reckon ex-public schoolboy Bojo would respond well to a strict Ms Patel and do as he's damn well told.

But I agree - deep down she's wanting a Stokie

Edited by Bandit Banzai
2 hours ago, Bandit Banzai said:

You've got me there. I don't know why.

Normally I’d say that she’s a typical politician and that her hard stance was just a load of words, but I’m not so sure, considering she’s one of the few MPs keen on reinstating the death penalty.

Perhaps the situation shows the true impotence of MPs.. although her government is in power, and she doesn’t lead an insignificant role.

3 hours ago, sam1994 said:

Then why were channel hoppers put up in hotels in her constituency? 

Indeed, the old adage, watch what they do, not what they say.

Ive heard plenty of rhetoric from her about immigration, stopping the boats etc, but F all action, so can only conclude that really she’s a globalist pro immigration shill like the rest of them.

1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Indeed, the old adage, watch what they do, not what they say.

Ive heard plenty of rhetoric from her about immigration, stopping the boats etc, but F all action, so can only conclude that really she’s a globalist pro immigration shill like the rest of them.

Could be, but maybe the Home Office civil servants are globalist pro-immigration shills (seems likely, Blair’s government made huge efforts to put Common Purpose types in key roles everywhere) who were constantly finding devious ways to avoid doing what she wants, and that’s why she lost her rag with them? Difficult to know unless you were there. 

Anyway she’s probably told Boris that if he doesn’t back her she’ll tell everyone that he likes diaper sex and being reprimanded by “nanny”.  

6 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Is that why he let Cummings (rather appropriate!) `off the hook` as well?

57 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Could be, but maybe the Home Office civil servants are globalist pro-immigration shills (seems likely, Blair’s government made huge efforts to put Common Purpose types in key roles everywhere) who were constantly finding devious ways to avoid doing what she wants, and that’s why she lost her rag with them? Difficult to know unless you were there. 

Anyway she’s probably told Boris that if he doesn’t back her she’ll tell everyone that he likes diaper sex and being reprimanded by “nanny”.  

And grossly incompetent.

Ive been in a few public sector orgs where the majority of staff, from the bottom to the top, have not only been smug, self righteous cretins, but also totally and wholely fucking useless.

https://order-order.com/2020/11/20/tory-patel-briefings-turn-fire-on-home-office-demand-apology-from-civil-service/

The home office are also responsible for the current '3m EUers in the UK' farce, as it rapidly turns out that my guesstimate of 10m -+2m is correct.