DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

FFS! Telly is broken, anyone know of any good cheap deals?

Switched the telly on this morning so the boys could play a game on the Switch, and saw there are a bunch of coloured lines on the screen, running vertically on on section and horizontally on another. 

Brilliant...

So, anyone know of any good deals, about 40 inches, colour, flat screen, not bothered about anything other than its ability to show pictures from the Switch, and maybe occasionally watch a film. 

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of what you get, buy it from Richer Sounds. Decent company that care for staff and customers. Plus a 6yr warrenty. No brainer. Fuck the cheap supermarket shite.    

I listed a TV on eBay; bidding reached $1. The buyer felt bad, so gave me a six-pack of beer instead.

Give up on computer games and play this. https://www.thejerusalemgiftshop.com/israelnews/monopoly-jerusalem-edition-board-game-in-hebrew-and-english/

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mr Miyagi said:

LG Argos, job done. 

Had a wee look for Black Friday deals there and Argos have this Samsung :

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7912036

£300. I'm liking that it has HDR, would ideally like to spend less, realise that might not be possible though. 

Fucking hell- I don't KNOW it was our youngest, but he's rough with things and does poke the telly sometimes. 

My wife's gonna go mental when she gets back. 

Still, we've had the telly for 6/7 years, so it's not as bad as it could be. Nippy though, just money we don't need to be spending...

14 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Switched the telly on this morning so the boys could play a game on the Switch, and saw there are a bunch of coloured lines on the screen, running vertically on on section and horizontally on another. 

Brilliant...

So, anyone know of any good deals, about 40 inches, colour, flat screen, not bothered about anything other than its ability to show pictures from the Switch, and maybe occasionally watch a film. 

There so rare - consumer electronics breaking.

Last bit of kit that 'broke'was when my then toddler daughter broke off the CD tray in stereo. It was only used for playing nursery rhymes.

It was a Denon all in one thing, which cost me £400ish about 5 years early.

Atmosphere when I went home. Spy Jr has something to tell you ..... tested up 3yo....

Stern telling off about being more careful then, off, kicking heals, with the ok to buy a much better version - wife streaming .... mp3 dongle. All for same money.

Ace.

I remember the days of early 80s  'hifis' where stuff broke taking it  out of the box.

1 minute ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

I listed a TV on eBay; bidding reached $1. The buyer felt bad, so gave me a six-pack of beer instead.

I bought a telly off eBay for £1. It was embarrassing giving him the pound,  but a deal's a deal 

One of the last great big heavy bastards that my son was to use for these new fangled  computer games. Weighed a ton.

53 minutes ago, NewryH said:

I bought a telly off eBay for £1. It was embarrassing giving him the pound,  but a deal's a deal 

One of the last great big heavy bastards that my son was to use for these new fangled  computer games. Weighed a ton.

You saved them spending fuel taking it to the tip and potentially putting their back out. You should have bartered and asked for a £1.

This Sony is £354 down from £429 on ebay at the moment. Sold out yesterday but more in stock now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-KD-43XG7073-43-4K-HDR-LED-Smart-Television-/254759984647

Here is the hotukdeal talking about it.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sony-kd-43xg7073-43-4k-hdr-led-smart-television-at-ebay-crampton-and-moore-3591997#comments