DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sunak's 'economic shock' warning...

So what will the economic shock be? Bearing in mind he's also said 'no return to austerity'.

Is this basically a warning that we're gonna be taxed into the oblivion?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55032782

Chancellor Rishi Sunak is to announce an extra £3bn for the NHS - but has warned that people will soon see an "economic shock laid bare" as the country deals with the Covid pandemic.

The one-year funding will be pledged in the Spending Review on Wednesday.

But Mr Sunak said Covid's impact on the economy must be paid for - and high levels of borrowing could not go on indefinitely.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need a rashford tax for insanely paid sports people .I’m sure they share his community spirit.

Yes it is quite targeted really, destroying those businesses where people bond, have fun and more crucially exchange ideas and challenge what they are told. In sort they are trying to isolate us from

What money is there to go at? We really do have a nail bar/doggy day care economy. One that is going to be ripped to shit when the funny money dries up. Business failure rate down on last year despite

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

So what will the economic shock be? Bearing in mind he's also said 'no return to austerity'.

Is this basically a warning that we're gonna be taxed into the oblivion?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55032782

I'm not sure where there is any money in the economy that Rishi can grab

IHT ?

Savings raid ?

Pensions Raid ?

Take everyone's leveraged money and houseprices that underpin it will collapse, but people still won't be able to afford them.

Edited by Hopeful
3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes, amazingly WE have to pay for the government's tomfoolery.

We knew it was comeing .I’d not be surprised if they don’t do something with inheritance tax .this was all about protecting the elderly after all.the bonus of this is many will go on a spending spree to stop the government getting it economic boost and all that

Just now, stokiescum said:

We knew it was comeing .I’d not be surprised if they don’t do something with inheritance tax .this was all about protecting the elderly after all.the bonus of this is many will go on a spending spree to stop the government getting it economic boost and all that

Please suggest some gadget I do not yet have.

This should probably be in the savings thread

But I've wondered if there is a plan in the interest rate reductions in NS&I

The cuts go beyond discouragement to invest into strong encouragement to get out.

People must be moving savings out of NS&I in their droves

Is there something about NS&I T&Cs that says it can't be raided by the Gov't. I know it's fully protected as opposed to just £85k limit elsewhere.

Edited by Hopeful
2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

What's not to like about IHT if you are better off.

The rich stay rich because they trust their children, the poor stay poor because they distrust their children.

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

What's not to like about IHT if you are better off.

The rich stay rich because they trust their children, the poor stay poor because they distrust their children.

I’m not on about the super rich ps I lent my lad 2 grand 4 years ago he ain’t paid a penny back little shit

20 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

IHT ?

Savings raid ?

Pensions Raid ?

Take everyone's leveraged money and houseprices that underpin it will collapse, but people still won't be able to afford them.

They are going to have to be very smart to stop adding to the anger already. 

All totally unnecessary I think we should start with a raid on politicians personal wealth at all levels from the lords, to MP and councilors. 

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

IHT ?

Savings raid ?

Pensions Raid ?

Savings.

Pensions. Didn't raising pension age already get mentioned?

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

An inheritance tax punishes the young by taking money that they would be receiving and stealing it for the state.

It is not a tax imposed paid by the old.

7 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

An inheritance tax punishes the young by taking money that they would be receiving and stealing it for the state.

It is not a tax imposed paid by the old.

People could counter with its unearnt wealth if it’s in the form of a house that cost 30k  35 years ago and worth 800k today

6 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

People could counter with its unearnt wealth if it’s in the form of a house that cost 30k  35 years ago and worth 800k today

Pushing the price of the £30k house up to £800k is the biggest tax of all anyway. Didn't really matter what else they do if they're not going to sort out house prices