DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

If you have to have one of the vaccines to travel or work, which would it be?

swiss_democracy_for_all

swiss_democracy_for_all

Pfizer or Moderna - I mean, I confess I can't remember all that much basic genetics studies many years ago, but injecting messenger RNA into someone and then not waiting a very long time to see if anything bad happens to them seems, well, extremely dubious. No matter how well it seems to have worked, I am suspicious. Then there's going to be the suspicion that the people handling it might have let it get too warm (ie not -94C!) and the damned thing doesn't work or programs your muscle cells to produce something else. 

The Oxford one seems a little bit more in the "normal" style - which is, afaik, injecting bits of related virus with sundry bizarre inexplicable adjutants into people and hoping our immune system reacts the way that is required. We all have had a few of this style of vaccine in our lives, albeit they were subject to longer testing. While this seems pretty dubious as well and lacking in precision compared to the MRNA technique, it's at least a more proven method, and normal fridge temperature requirements should mean there is a lower chance of handling errors.

So anyway, if the fuckers make life horribly difficult to not have a vaccination (I normally travel quite a bit for example, and there are other Dosbodders who do too.) 

- my preference would be reluctantly for the Oxford one. They can test it on a load of oldies and health workers before it'll be offered to me anyway.

Edited by spunko
unnecessary use of So to start a sentence should be punishable with large fines or even forced labour
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 3
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Grey Man

• dgul

• Democorruptcy

• sarahbell

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be having one, and particularly not the genetically modified virus that reprogrammes your cells. If they stop me getting on a plane, then so be it. Brave new world.

Not having a injection.  Watch what happens when the people take it and adverse reactions just liek swine flu - it is rushed and people are focusing on money especially pharma  This is now a

Can I have the one without the microchip?

Posted Images

Shamone
9 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Pfizer or Moderna - I mean, I confess I can't remember all that much basic genetics studies many years ago, but injecting messenger RNA into someone and then not waiting a very long time to see if anything bad happens to them seems, well, extremely dubious. No matter how well it seems to have worked, I am suspicious. Then there's going to be the suspicion that the people handling it might have let it get too warm (ie not -94C!) and the damned thing doesn't work or programs your muscle cells to produce something else. 

The Oxford one seems a little bit more in the "normal" style - which is, afaik, injecting bits of related virus with sundry bizarre inexplicable adjutants into people and hoping our immune system reacts the way that is required. We all have had a few of this style of vaccine in our lives, albeit they were subject to longer testing. While this seems pretty dubious as well and lacking in precision compared to the MRNA technique, it's at least a more proven method, and normal fridge temperature requirements should mean there is a lower chance of handling errors.

So anyway, if the fuckers make life horribly difficult to not have a vaccination (I normally travel quite a bit for example, and there are other Dosbodders who do too.) 

- my preference would be reluctantly for the Oxford one. They can test it on a load of oldies and health workers before it'll be offered to me anyway.

Can I have the one without the microchip?

• Agree 2
  • Lol 8
The Grey Man

The Oxford one uses chimp based Adenovirus 5 that was linked with an increasee risk of developing HIV if you had antibodies before...from Ebola work a decade ago. There is a letter recently to the Lancet or BMJ on it. That is not saying it will be a risk here. Avoid needing an emergency blood transfusion in a high HIV area..or other risk activities..you will never know if it is just a concern.

I found this quite a good summary. It also shows where the newer tech is being used...and who is getting to work on older stuff.

https://www.intvetvaccnet.co.uk/blog/covid-19/vaccine-eight-types-being-tested

Seems to me none of this first batch are going to work. Forever. And that layering of vaccines..or other immune work is expected. I am guessing this current roll out is designed to give breathing space so the northern hemisphere dosent have this lockdown late spring/autumn 2021..for next year Kate Bingham..the UK vaccine Tzar says as much with the 300 odd million doses purchased. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-first-covid-vaccines-likely-to-be-imperfect-and-might-not-prevent-infection-says-taskforce-boss-12116593

From the above: In her Lancet article she said that the "strategy has been to build a diverse portfolio across different formats to give the UK the greatest chance of providing a safe and effective vaccine, recognising that many, and possibly all, of these vaccines could fail".

Thereafter repeat and rinse.

The anti vaccer meme for any disagreement ...well bollocks...thats from the boss. This is a very large clinical trial in my view.

Yes. Oxford one fits a remit. We have already talked about plans and out side an emergency wont be off abroad. Delayed by a year or two.

That for me gives time to watch the first round of vaccines. Interesting...the press and often government say..the vaccine. As you point out. Its not.  It is vaccines. Thereafter the issue becomes what the first round will likely be augmented with ...the same...or an alternative.

I do know the rush for "passports" and inclusion abroad is iffy as there is no idead how long they last immuinty wise.

The CCP was talking about this last bit and their Q codes.

So timing a vaccination.might also prove to be important as well. 

Edited by The Grey Man
Missed info.
  • Informative 2
Sasquatch

Not at the moment thanks. I'm happy to forego international travel for another 12 to 18 months. I won't be required to be vaccinated by my employer (as I am my employer...).

I have had the flu jab the last two seasons and I'm not an anti vaxxer per se, but the covid vaccines appear to have arrived too quickly on the scene (based on my limited knowledge of how these things work)

The Grey Man
19 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Not at the moment thanks. I'm happy to forego international travel for another 12 to 18 months. I won't be required to be vaccinated by my employer (as I am my employer...).

I have had the flu jab the last two seasons and I'm not an anti vaxxer per se, but the covid vaccines appear to have arrived too quickly on the scene (based on my limited knowledge of how these things work)

I read that the vaccine market has 6 percent success rate in getting to market. I think (dont recall where I read yesterday) that means those preparations starting out at clinical trials and not sat on a shelf as a maybe. Thats usual conditions. Years.

sarahbell
10 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

The Oxford one seems a little bit more in the "normal" style

Is it both of the others that require a -70'C temperature for transportation? I don't want anything that crazy.

As long as it's thoroughly tested we should all have no issue.
I think that's the key though. They've really rushed this.

JoeDavola

I'd be happy to go without flying for a couple years if need be so others can test the vaccine.

I have a feeling my employer is going to strong arm us all into taking it asap however. Even though we can work from home.

And I think there will also be social pressure among normies; i.e. people not wanting to hang out with you if you dont have the vaccine.

• Agree 1
sukuinage

I certainly won't be in the front line for any of them.  I think there will be a high degree of resistance here in Germany - even rabid pro-vaccers like my wife are highly dubious and there are a high proportion of anti-vaccers in Germany.  My wife says she can remember the days when she was being told as a nurse that there was a vaccine for chicken-pox planned - it came out around 15 years later - makes you think!

• Agree 2
Yadda yadda yadda

I can work from home. I can forego travel - although I can see us getting proper fucked in the UK as we probably won't even be able to get the ferry across. Presumably people will still be able to drive from Germany to France without being checked?

What will really be a problem is not being able to do any leisure activities. If you have to "show your papers" to do anything except go for a walk or visit people in their own homes that will be beyond tolerable. Hopefully massive protest will prevent that. I'll be up in central London if that is proposed.

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

Not having a injection. 

Watch what happens when the people take it and adverse reactions just liek swine flu - it is rushed and people are focusing on money especially pharma 

This is now all about control, what are we going to do to get our freedoms back

Agree. Most will prefer to carry on working from home. Not going into London or the office is not a problem - they didn't enjoy it anyway.

• Agree 1
46 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I have a feeling my employer is going to strong arm us all into taking it asap however. Even though we can work from home.

Unless your employer is going to be taking full legal liability for you taking the vaccine, they won't be forcing anyone. Particularly not if you can 100% do your job from home.

46 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I think there will also be social pressure among normies; i.e. people not wanting to hang out with you if you dont have the vaccine.

Sounds great to me.

Edited by Errol
  • Agree 6
  • Lol 1
Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Errol said:

Unless your employer is going to taking full legal liability for you taking the vaccine, they won't be forcing anyone. Particularly not if you can 100% do your job from home.

Get a lawyer.

JoeDavola
29 minutes ago, Errol said:

Unless your employer is going to be taking full legal liability for you taking the vaccine, they won't be forcing anyone. Particularly not if you can 100% do your job from home.

We'll see.

I think even if you dare to suggest that you don't want the vaccine right now, you'll be labelled "anti-vaxxer nutjob" and you'll never hear the end of it. Word will get around the workpalce about you. I seriously think the government won't have to 'make' people get the vaccine; other people will just exert huge social pressure and shaming.

29 minutes ago, Errol said:

Sounds great to me.

:D

Well quite - no major loss I guess since everyone's dissappeared for the last 9 months anyway.

• Agree 1
Conniption
13 hours ago, LC1 said:

I won't be having one, and particularly not the genetically modified virus that reprogrammes your cells. If they stop me getting on a plane, then so be it. Brave new world.

That's what the vast majority don't get, that however many flaming hoops one jumps through, free-range living as we knew it is over.

• Agree 10
stokiescum
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

I'd be happy to go without flying for a couple years if need be so others can test the vaccine.

And I think there will also be social pressure among normies; i.e. people not wanting to hang out with you if you dont have the vaccine.

Will they make us wear a yellow star so we can be spotted .I’m volunteering for the placebo 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

So which one is going to be recommended?  There are three atm i think.  So is one better than the other? Is my doctor going to recommend one or my health trust or government?

Bornagain
3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

As Groucho Marx explained - I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

If somebody does not want to hang around with me because I am not vaccinated then I am not going to be too concerned. I would be rather more concerned that I am friends with somebody who turns out to be such a zealot...

• Agree 7
8 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

As Groucho Marx explained - I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

If somebody does not want to hang around with me because I am not vaccinated then I am not going to be too concerned. I would be rather more concerned that I am friends with somebody who turns out to be such a zealot...

I bet they wouldn't think twice about hanging around with somebody who hadn't had a measles vaccination.

• Agree 1