• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Who are happier? Germans or Russians?

55 minutes ago, MrPin said:

What awful German and Russian accents.:CryBaby:

I love his accents, London, no matter what the language. It even takes people a while to twig he is speaking their language.

His best work is still the lovely Hollie, although his Donbass stuff is very good as well.

16 minutes ago, twocents said:

and the street view of British on the British leader(s)? - for comparison sake.

I was thinking of the demeanor of interviewed Germans v that of the Russians.

To me a lot of the Germans seemed guarded or answered in ironic way, like "sure mama merkel knows best, whereas the Russians seemed more open and friendly.

As an aside  also found  it disturbing how Islamic Munich is in that vid.

53 minutes ago, JackieO said:

I was thinking of the demeanor of interviewed Germans v that of the Russians.

To me a lot of the Germans seemed guarded or answered in ironic way, like "sure mama merkel knows best, whereas the Russians seemed more open and friendly.

As an aside  also found  it disturbing how Islamic Munich is in that vid.

I thought the Germans were very politically correct maybe through it being instilled after the war - principles then transferred to the UK.  The apparently Islamic men's body language seemed quite hostile in an unspoken way - groups of young men completely separate and unwilling to talk - when the older generation female said I can't talk as my husband will kill me I questioned (maybe unrealistically) whether there was more to that than if say an average British female used that expression.

I dare say the Russians are still careful what they say about their leader considering their recent history which maybe explains some of the laughter although they were more open and friendly and not at all fazed when the interviewer mentioned that Russia wasn't very popular with the UK.  They seemed to have an insight beyond that propaganda.  

I must say that the conversation with the Russian young people was far more refreshing than the conversations with the Germans.  So much for the eu being so-called free compared to Russia. 

The rucksacks/backsacks are everywhere.

Edited by twocents

20 hours ago, twocents said:

I thought the Germans were very politically correct maybe through it being instilled after the war - principles then transferred to the UK.  The apparently Islamic men's body language seemed quite hostile in an unspoken way - groups of young men completely separate and unwilling to talk - when the older generation female said I can't talk as my husband will kill me I questioned (maybe unrealistically) whether there was more to that than if say an average British female used that expression.

I dare say the Russians are still careful what they say about their leader considering their recent history which maybe explains some of the laughter although they were more open and friendly and not at all fazed when the interviewer mentioned that Russia wasn't very popular with the UK.  They seemed to have an insight beyond that propaganda.  

I must say that the conversation with the Russian young people was far more refreshing than the conversations with the Germans.  So much for the eu being so-called free compared to Russia. 

The rucksacks/backsacks are everywhere.

I work with several Russians and Ukrainians, they are not guarded at all when it comes to criticising Putin. I try to not to talk politics, but a few of them make me feel a lot less right-wing in comparison to them :D

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

I work with several Russians and Ukrainians, they are not guarded at all when it comes to criticising Putin. I try to not to talk politics, but a few of them make me feel a lot less right-wing in comparison to them :D

They are great to work with and after a beer or two the are usually very refreshing to listen to when discussing the world.