DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Hand of God

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Possibly not genuine

If you like your sports stars to be of the flawed genius variety he's right up there with any star in any sport ever.  In football he's in the top 3 ever. Outrageous talent.   

I never bought any of her music and never understood why people thought she was sexy. She did an OK Evita. No Julie Covington though.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, maynardgravy said:

Messi edges it for me, but MD rewrote the rule book on how good a modern great footballer should be. I'd seen nothing like that before as a kid.

One thing I am certain of - the best footballer that ever lived is Argentine, which pisses the Brazilians off no end.

Maradona played in lesser teams. He shone at World Cups and won the thing. Napoli hadn't done anything before him.

Messi has been consistently brilliant. He played in the greatest club team of all time (ok I haven't seen General Franco's Real Madrid). He has never done it to the same extent as Maradona internationally. He always had a club colleague to pass to.

Agree they're the two best ever. Brazilians really hate Argentina. Even posh old ladies drinking at beach bars in Ipanema.

7 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Maradona played in lesser teams. He shone at World Cups and won the thing. Napoli hadn't done anything before him.

Messi has been consistently brilliant. He played in the greatest club team of all time (ok I haven't seen General Franco's Real Madrid). He has never done it to the same extent as Maradona internationally. He always had a club colleague to pass to.

Agree they're the two best ever. Brazilians really hate Argentina. Even posh old ladies drinking at beach bars in Ipanema.

Yep. Both amazing players but Messi has never done it at international level. 

So he's just not on the same level as Maradona. 

Fuck sake Maradona even came back from retirement and bossed it at the World cup 94 when he was clearly chinged off his nut xD

hqdefault.jpg

29 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Messi edges it for me, but MD rewrote the rule book on how good a modern great footballer should be. I'd seen nothing like that before as a kid.

One thing I am certain of - the best footballer that ever lived is Argentine, which pisses the Brazilians off no end.

I keep hearing this but Messi never had to deal with the likes of Terry Butcher etc.  In todays game the defenders can hardly touch an attacking player.  Maradona would run riot.

6 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

International level isn't as high as CL level and Messi has shone at that, again and again.

Yes. At international level you can't go and buy a player to sort out your weak position so the standard isn't as high as a modern top club team. The 1986 Argentina team was fairly average except for Maradona. He lifted that team. Messi has played in several Argentina teams that were no worse than their 1986 team and not done anything of note. He has only done it at Barcelona where he has been surrounded by excellence.

It is easy to make a case for Messi being the best but I think Maradona had an edge.

1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Yes. At international level you can't go and buy a player to sort out your weak position so the standard isn't as high as a modern top club team. The 1986 Argentina team was fairly average except for Maradona. He lifted that team. Messi has played in several Argentina teams that were no worse than their 1986 team and not done anything of note. He has only done it at Barcelona where he has been surrounded by excellence.

It is easy to make a case for Messi being the best but I think Maradona had an edge.

True, but by the same logic, he was clearly the standout player in probably the best team of all time. Some achievement.

I don't know but I'm happy for either to claim the crown.

16 minutes ago, montecristo said:

I keep hearing this but Messi never had to deal with the likes of Terry Butcher etc.  In todays game the defenders can hardly touch an attacking player.  Maradona would run riot.

Agreed. Players used to go in thigh high on maradona knowing only a yellow would be the punishment. And he still skipped past them. 

12 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

The pressure of also playing for Argentina at a WC must also be ridiculous. Yet Diego took it in his stride. Messi doesn't seem to be able to. 

Maradona was absolutely fearless. Messi just doesn't quite have the same edge imo. 

Will be interesting to hear what Messi says on his death. I'm guessing he will say he's his hero and the best player ever. 

I'd have to forgive the cheating cunt before I could appreciate him but I can't.

Sure he lost no sleep over the matter, I did, I was brought up to believe cheating doesn't pay.

As a boy my eyes were opened and all I've seen since is cheats prospering.

Maybe thats why I'm here, hoping one day the cheats will finally get their comeuppance.

Not holding my breath.