Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Eton Mess


Libspero
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quote

 Eton College SACKS English master for producing lecture that questioned ‘radical feminist orthodoxy’[/quote]

 

Quote

 

‘The head master felt that some of the ideas put forward in my lecture – such as the view that men and women differ psychologically and not all of those differences are socially constructed – were too dangerous for the boys to be exposed to.

‘I explained to the head master that I wasn’t endorsing all the ideas in my lecture, but I wanted the boys to be made aware of a different point of view to the current radical feminist orthodoxy, which insists that there’s something fundamentally toxic about masculinity.

‘In my lecture, I pointed out that, historically, masculine qualities like strength, courage and tenacity have often been as beneficial to women as they have been to men.’

 


 

Sad when even institutions like Eton can no longer offer balanced a education o.O


https://expressinformer.com/eton-college-sacks-english-master-for-producing-lecture-that-questioned-radical-feminist-orthodoxy/

Edited by Libspero
  • Informative 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a matter of time until they claim half the Roman legions were female that Napoleon  was turned back by the girls brigade and that lesbians were frigging  in the rigging whilst nelson lost his eye

  • Agree 2
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Mind, he would have had a better argument if he were teaching biology or sociology.   Wtf is an English teacher doing getting into the sex/gender debate? 

Maybe it’s because it’s a big issue to a certain element of society

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, One percent said:

Mind, he would have had a better argument if he were teaching biology or sociology.   Wtf is an English teacher doing getting into the sex/gender debate? 

Debating used to be a part of English when I did my GCSEs.

I guess it depends whether he was giving both sides or just making a case against post-modern feminism.

Interestingly he agreed not to give the lesson he prepared..  he was fired for not removing it from his personal YouTube account,  despite disclaimers that it was not affiliated with the school.

Somehow it is hard to believe though that someone would have been fired for teaching the other side of this debate.   I think all people like this guy are calling for is equality..  or at least freedom of thought.  You either give both sides or neither.  

  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mentioned this in another thread. The "kids" are definitely not woke any more on the whole. 

Like with all counter cultures, if they see all their adults and teachers demanding they think one thing they will do and think the opposite.

I'm fairly sure there must be plenty of "right" teachers, they are just silenced by the need to toe the line. 

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightly Toasted
4 hours ago, Libspero said:

Debating used to be a part of English when I did my GCSEs.

I guess it depends whether he was giving both sides or just making a case against post-modern feminism.

Interestingly he agreed not to give the lesson he prepared..  he was fired for not removing it from his personal YouTube account,  despite disclaimers that it was not affiliated with the school.

Somehow it is hard to believe though that someone would have been fired for teaching the other side of this debate.   I think all people like this guy are calling for is equality..  or at least freedom of thought.  You either give both sides or neither.  

He was using it to teach critical thinking and debate. Interestingly it was the headmaster who took exception, not the pupils (who apparently never saw the lecture).

Telegraph:

The lecture, titled “The Patriarchy Paradox” was part of the Perspectives course which is taken by older students to encourage them to think critically about subjects of public debate.

But Mr Knowland’s lecture, which he had prepared in video form and uploaded to the school’s intranet due to Covid, was never given to students.

“The Head Master felt that some of the ideas put forward in my lecture – such as the view that men and women differ psychologically and not all of those differences are socially constructedwere too dangerous for the boys to be exposed to,” Mr Knowland said.

“I explained to the Head Master that I wasn’t endorsing all the ideas in my lecture, but I wanted the boys to be made aware of a different point of view to the current radical feminist orthodoxy, which insists that there’s something fundamentally toxic about masculinity.

“In my lecture, I pointed out that, historically, masculine qualities like strength, courage and tenacity have often been as beneficial to women as they have been to men.”

Mr Knowland wrote a detailed letter setting out his view of events in a letter addressed to the Eton Community on Thursday which he said was to address the “rumours” about why he had been dismissed.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

He was using it to teach critical thinking and debate. Interestingly it was the headmaster who took exception, not the pupils (who apparently never saw the lecture).

Telegraph:

The lecture, titled “The Patriarchy Paradox” was part of the Perspectives course which is taken by older students to encourage them to think critically about subjects of public debate.

But Mr Knowland’s lecture, which he had prepared in video form and uploaded to the school’s intranet due to Covid, was never given to students.

“The Head Master felt that some of the ideas put forward in my lecture – such as the view that men and women differ psychologically and not all of those differences are socially constructedwere too dangerous for the boys to be exposed to,” Mr Knowland said.

“I explained to the Head Master that I wasn’t endorsing all the ideas in my lecture, but I wanted the boys to be made aware of a different point of view to the current radical feminist orthodoxy, which insists that there’s something fundamentally toxic about masculinity.

“In my lecture, I pointed out that, historically, masculine qualities like strength, courage and tenacity have often been as beneficial to women as they have been to men.”

Mr Knowland wrote a detailed letter setting out his view of events in a letter addressed to the Eton Community on Thursday which he said was to address the “rumours” about why he had been dismissed.

Yep no Tesla no industrial revolution no Churchill in fact fuck all

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Austin Allegro

Well that at least proves that the Long March through the Institutions has now been achieved in the public schools.

Anywhere left untouched now? Armed forces possibly, though even that seems to be crumbling too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JohnThePessimist

Were I able to afford the sort of fees that Eton commands, I would expect a fabulous and fully rounded education. If all my kids were getting was the same woke nonsense peddled by the local comp, I would be rather disappointed....

 

 

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightly Toasted
4 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

Were I able to afford the sort of fees that Eton commands, I would expect a fabulous and fully rounded education. If all my kids were getting was the same woke nonsense peddled by the local comp, I would be rather disappointed....

 

 

It depends.

If you were living in the Third Reich you'd expect your expensive school to teach how to rub along in the Third Reich. Not to question the prevailing race or gender theory, for example. You wouldn't have wanted some lecture about how blue eyes and blond hair might be no better than other pigmentations, or that women could be in the workplace instead of at home raising Aryan babies. Encouraging your children to even think about such things, would have placed them at risk.

Perhaps this is no different.

  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/11/2020 at 19:31, SNACR said:

Thought this thread was about what Carrie Symonds has to wash out of her hair.

I thought it was going to be about some other bizarre initiation ceremony. :Sick1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very interesting story this, the new head is seemingly trying to introduce wokeness.

Teacher sacked for 'gross misconduct' - that's a pretty high bar, I do hope the head has crossed all the T's and dotted all the i's otherwise the school is going to lose one massive fuck off tribunal.  I can't see how not removing a video from your personal youtube channel (which quite clearly says it's personal and does not represent any of the positions of eton etc) can fall under gross misconduct.

It's reported the head tried to use the old discrimination card (as 'hate speech' really doesn't cut it in the courts) and against the equality act ... another fail.

A lot of old etonians and present etonians are not giving much support to the head.  Looks like his head might roll ...

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Austin Allegro
On 27/11/2020 at 22:23, Lightly Toasted said:

It depends.

If you were living in the Third Reich you'd expect your expensive school to teach how to rub along in the Third Reich. Not to question the prevailing race or gender theory, for example. You wouldn't have wanted some lecture about how blue eyes and blond hair might be no better than other pigmentations, or that women could be in the workplace instead of at home raising Aryan babies. Encouraging your children to even think about such things, would have placed them at risk.

Perhaps this is no different.

Let's just think for a moment what sort of people send their sons to Eton.

It's not those concerned primarily with an academic education, there are plenty of other cheaper places for that, and arguably better (Winchester springs to mind).

It's surely to put their sons in contact with people who will in the future be able to help them up the slippery pole of global capitalism and power brokerage.  Teaching them woke nonsense about genders doesn't endanger that.

The only things that might put parents off would be a: teaching that money and status are not important and/or b; opening the school to 'unconnected' boys from poor or middle class backgrounds.

Edited by Austin Allegro
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Up until a few years ago I'd have said that universities were one of Britain's great institutions and something to be proud of.

Then the societal cancers of intersectionality and Wokeness began to flourish in these places.

  • Agree 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DTMark said:

Up until a few years ago I'd have said that universities were one of Britain's great institutions and something to be proud of.

Then the societal cancers of intersectionality and Wokeness began to flourish in these places.

It has always been so. I am few years older then you.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, DTMark said:

Up until a few years ago I'd have said that universities were one of Britain's great institutions and something to be proud of.

Then the societal cancers of intersectionality and Wokeness began to flourish in these places.

They used to be institutions of learning, free thought and open exchanges of ideas. 

Now they are privatised student factories handing out Mickey Mouse degrees in exchange for borrowed cash.  Low IQ is no longer a barrier.  And that's just the lecturers. ( In some cases at least).

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/11/2020 at 22:57, JFK said:

A lot of old etonians and present etonians are not giving much support to the head.  Looks like his head might roll ...

One of the other teachers has now resigned in protest,  and one of the pupils has had to be sent home after writing to the headmaster insisting he immediately tender his resignation:

 'parents, staff and boys have been shocked by your arrogance, laziness and most of all your utter disregard for the school in handling this affair and if you have any honour at all you will tender your letter of resignation to the Eton community.'

Say what you like about Eton kids..  they write a good letter  :D

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, 201p said:

Wow, sounds like the school is trying to cover their back. 

Schools have to contact their authority if they are concerned pupils have been exposed to radicalisation

Sounds one step away from re-education camps being set up.

Never thought I'd live in this, always fancied a bit of community re-education type thing.  Calling your neighbours out then having group meetings and confessing your sins.  Getting confused but think it was China and the cultural Revolution.  Stalin was more just about getting shot in the head?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 201p said:

The school has apparently denied this - they apparently just had a chat with them to confirm matters following some legal advice.  Apparently incite to violence is grounds for referral.  Very "thorough" legal advice?  

PS: Wasn't this guy doing some sort of critical thinking exercise?  They need it badly given the recent/current state of our old boy PMs!  I would certainly expect some of that for £40k+ a year.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...