DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sir Philip green

Happy Renting

I feel sorry for most of the minons in his empire though.

I met someone a few years back who worked closely with Philip Greed, who confirmed he really is as odious as he is portrayed.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 1

We really do have very odd company laws.

I've known small people be wiped out, but these large players seem to bounce back over and over again, while wiping out their supporters and staff.

It seems backwards.

• Agree 8
stokiescum
6 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I feel sorry for most of the minons in his empire though.

I met someone a few years back who worked closely with Philip Greed, who confirmed he really is as odious as he is portrayed.

I might have the wrong twat though I Might be getting him mixed up with the sports direct guy does he have a huge boat and his daughters just had a kid to a convict

Edited by stokiescum
Battenberg
5 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I might have the wrong twat though I Might be getting him mixed up with the sports direct guy does he have a huge boat and his daughters just had a kid to a convict

No, that’s the right one.

• Lol 1
5 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Yup -- that's Green.

Ashley's no angel, but Green sits in an entirely different level of exploitative greed.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
Option5
1 minute ago, dgul said:

Yup -- that's Green.

Ashley's no angel, but Green sits in an entirely different level of exploitative greed.

And he's even uglier than Ashley!

Shouldn't this thread be titled

"Cur Philip Greed"

• Informative 1
Austin Allegro

If the likes of Sir Philip Green are going bust it does at least cast some doubt over the theory that lockdowns are being extended in order to destroy small businesses.

• Agree 4
Green Devil
3 hours ago, dgul said:

We really do have very odd company laws.

I've known small people be wiped out, but these large players seem to bounce back over and over again, while wiping out their supporters and staff.

It seems backwards.

Thats the benefit of the UK crony capitalist system, keep slicing of the cream until nothings left then the threaten to let it go bust, then wait until the tax payer offers to stump up more cash or the plebs lose their jobs, rinse and repeat.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

If the likes of Sir Philip Green are going bust it does at least cast some doubt over the theory that lockdowns are being extended in order to destroy small businesses.

It has been dead for years now -- just hobbling along with blood gushing from multiple wounds.  It was going to die this year or so covid or not.

It is the normal big companies that have been supported, and the normal small business that haven't (not self-employed, as they've been supported to a certain extent -- a bizarre mix of throwing money at some and none to others).

• Agree 2
Option5
8 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Will the boat be going back and his daughter be forced to get a job at McDonald’s?

Their daughter is a single mum she doesn't need a job she can claim benefits. Even better the kids dad is a convicted criminal so the kid will have mental issues so even more bennies.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Battenberg
1 hour ago, dgul said:

I wonder what state the staff pensions are in...

Didn’t his wife cream off massive dividends. She certainly had some dealing in shafting the minions in that business.

• Agree 2
6 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Ah not really. Ever noticed how these "Big buisiness" people can "go bust", and still seem to have a mansion and yacht?

• Agree 4