Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Substantial meal


Recommended Posts

Not sure if there's been a discussion about this yet.

So now we are told that if we have a pint it better be with a substantial meal in Tier 2 or above..

And BBC are now running an article saying you must leave as soon as you finish your meal.

Spoke to local pub owner today when I saw him in the supermarket and he's saying he might not even bother opening but there may be hope given the pressure on the government. 

So you can go to the pub and have as many non-alcoholic  drinks as you want, no meal necessary. But as soon as you order an alcoholic drink it must be with a meal. That does not make any sense.

I think this rule could cause a serious backlash. I've been waiting for almost a month now for a pint again and hearing this is not possible is not good news.

I wonder when the government will just come out and say it. You can only go outside if your purpose outside is to generate tax revenue. Once you have done this, you must remain indoors. 

submeal.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sam1994 said:

Yes, I get that there are loopholes.

But do we not need to question why the fuck we need to do this in the first place?

I had a friend text me laughing that he was in "Tier Two YAY".

It's not about cheating the system. There shouldn't be a system here.

Oh completely agree and we have a forum for that. I don't support this at all but the idea is presumably to stop pub crawls.

December is the worst time of the year for being in pubs anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pub landlords are a soft target because it's quite easy to have your licence taken away. Gym protests and confrontations with the authorities around the country have been showing up in social media and they've apparently been exempted from whatever rules the geniuses in the cabinet office have made up for lockdown 3.0. I would guess having a criminal record is not that uncommon amongst independent gym owners and they have less to lose and are younger and angrier than pub landlords tied into lengthy tenancy agreements. I'd like to say fuck the authorities and give customers what they want, but it's going to be harder for landlords to flout the rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume you can drink whilst waiting for your meal to be cooked?

If I ran a pub I would serve baked potatoes. But to reduce waste I would only put it in the oven, on medium heat, when ordered.

Just a shame that the customer will have to wait 90 minutes for their £1 spud.

Serious drinkers could order the slow cooked lamb shank.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

 

I assume the 'substantial meal' is simply a ruse to get more money into the pockets of publicans, in that the meal has a higher profit element than a few beers ?

I think it is just a ruse to make sure wet led pubs stay closed, as they are seen as much higher risk.

After all, the boomers go to nice country pubs for food, the young go to a standing room only city centre pub. 

We must keep the boomers happy. The young, as usual, can do one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just nonsense from out of touch politicians who have decided that the middle class style evenings out with a nice meal that they enjoy should be allowed, but fuck everybody else.

As usual it's completely unenforeable.

I remember my dad telling me about going to late night bars as a youth that had to serve everybody food as part of their licensing. Everybody just got handed a bag of chips on the way in.

xD

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I think it is just a ruse to make sure wet led pubs stay closed, as they are seen as much higher risk.

After all, the boomers go to nice country pubs for food, the young go to a standing room only city centre pub. 

We must keep the boomers happy. The young, as usual, can do one.

could well be both

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

It's just nonsense from out of touch politicians who have decided that the middle class style evenings out with a nice meal that they enjoy should be allowed, but fuck everybody else.

As usual it's completely unenforeable.

I remember my dad telling me about going to late night bars as a youth that had to serve everybody food as part of their licensing. Everybody just got handed a bag of chips on the way in.

xD

 

There was a pub/bar/nightclub in sarf London that gave everyone a meal voucher on entry up until at least 10 years ago. Might still do so.

I wouldn't mind the Spanish thing of serving tapas with every drink. However, what suits me shouldn't be imposed on everyone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I think it is just a ruse to make sure wet led pubs stay closed, as they are seen as much higher risk.

After all, the boomers go to nice country pubs for food, the young go to a standing room only city centre pub. 

We must keep the boomers happy. The young, as usual, can do one.

They already have the rules that no-one can order at the bar and that people must wear masks when not seated*. Standing room only pubs are effectively unviable under those restrictions. They're fucking over the pubs where most people can get a seat but drink rather than eat. Eg pubs fucked but restaurant-pub hybrids ok.

* A while ago I had to wear a mask to play pool. Fine to share cues. Fine to sit down after missing a shot and immediately whip the mask off. Fine to play winner stays on with some random people. Fine for a big group of surprisingly well dressed yet casually menacing lads to sit outside. Fine as in ok not as in monetary theft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sam1994 said:

Yes, I get that there are loopholes.

But do we not need to question why the fuck we need to do this in the first place?

I had a friend text me laughing that he was in "Tier Two YAY".

It's not about cheating the system. There shouldn't be a system here.

Treat this comedy with the contempt it deserves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were really paranoid you could suggest that they don't want people drinking in pubs and mixing because they don't want open and free conversations, the Beautiful Pub being one of the last bastions where you have something that resembles free speech.

Stay at home, consume, sit in front of your idiots lantern, get your news from the BBC or super censored and controlled social media.

They'll be telling us when and how to fuck before long.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

They'll be telling us when and how to fuck before long.

Now thats government intervention im all for. Presuming they can also find me a willing Wench or will i have to be told where and when i can continue to be a willing Wanker?

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sam1994 said:

Yes, I get that there are loopholes.

But do we not need to question why the fuck we need to do this in the first place?

I had a friend text me laughing that he was in "Tier Two YAY".

It's not about cheating the system. There shouldn't be a system here.

You were one of the most alarmist cunts on here a few months ago.

Why not get yer mum to ring up Boris and ask him what he's playing at?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sam1994 said:

Not sure if there's been a discussion about this yet.

So now we are told that if we have a pint it better be with a substantial meal in Tier 2 or above..

And BBC are now running an article saying you must leave as soon as you finish your meal.

Spoke to local pub owner today when I saw him in the supermarket and he's saying he might not even bother opening but there may be hope given the pressure on the government. 

So you can go to the pub and have as many non-alcoholic  drinks as you want, no meal necessary. But as soon as you order an alcoholic drink it must be with a meal. That does not make any sense.

I think this rule could cause a serious backlash. I've been waiting for almost a month now for a pint again and hearing this is not possible is not good news.

I wonder when the government will just come out and say it. You can only go outside if your purpose outside is to generate tax revenue. Once you have done this, you must remain indoors. 

submeal.png

Inshallah.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...