DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Has anyone else heard the Irish complain recently about their past ill treatment in these easily offended times?

Just thought I would throw this observation into the this mad world of Woke and virtue signalling madness.

Has anyone heard so much as tiny complaint from the British Irish in the UK since all this crap started where every race and culture that has arrived here recently has done nothing but complain while giving nothing in return but their begging bowls in so many cases.. The Irish have worked their bollox off and there was a time when you have seen nothing on a work site until you have seen a Paddy and shovel in full flow. The British even raped their country and treated them like shit in their own land, and we emptied it of materials and food while they starved and headed to every corner of the planet to build up  so many countries, the USA included

There was a large influx of Irish post 1940's and they were then totally treated like s***, though we have had close ties with the Irish for centuries. They have on the whole just given and taken very little out and no moaning or whining about their ill treatment back in the past, though there was plenty.

Just thought I would put that out there after yet again waking up on yet another Saturday morning and hearing endless BLM and Islamophobia(not even a thing)  BS

4 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Just thought I would throw this observation into the this mad world of Woke and virtue signalling madness.

Has anyone heard so much as tiny complaint from the British Irish in the UK since all this crap started where every race and culture that has arrived here recently has done nothing but complain while giving nothing in return but their begging bowls in so many cases.. The Irish have worked their bollox off and there was a time when you have seen nothing on a work site until you have seen a Paddy and shovel in full flow. The British even raped their country and treated them like shit in their own land, and we emptied it of materials and food while they starved and headed to every corner of the planet to build up  so many countries, the USA included

There was a large influx of Irish post 1940's and they were then totally treated like s***, though we have had close ties with the Irish for centuries. They have on the whole just given and taken very little out and no moaning or whining about their ill treatment back in the past, though there was plenty.

Just thought I would put that out there after yet again waking up on yet another Saturday morning and hearing endless BLM and Islamophobia(not even a thing)  BS

Yep.  I know many that left Ireland in the 80s and 90s and the majority are running successful businesses in the UK, US and Oz.  Like most ex pats they tend to move to the right of the political spectrum when they leave.  The ones that stay dial up the wokeness.  I suppose that is the same in many countries.

12 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Being Irish in the UK, I have never received a harsh word meant in earnest, be it during the nonsense in NI, or when the EU weaponised the border. There’s been plenty of mutual pisstaking where I have given as good as I got. And that’s the difference IMHO. We can be mocked and mock back. One of my best friends still refers to me as ‘Boat Hopper’. And I am a top 5% earner and net contributor.

8 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

We did nothing to Ireland. The British ruling class did. We just got the blowback. The British ruling class didn't treat British people much better. Child labour. Tied housing. Workhouses. Industrial death and injury. Impressment into the military, particularly the Navy.

Fair play to the Irish in this country who are generally decent. They were treated badly for a long time by the general population. I distinguish that from mistreatment in Ireland.

That's equally true for black people taken as slaves, unless you are currently residing in a stately home built by an ancestor in the 18th century, but that seems no impediment to the victim status that BLM et al claim.

18 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Not sure why this is relevant in 2020 tbh.

Very few British Irish or Irish Irish are black, minority ethnic, or in fact, anything except ginger white folks, similar to Scotland folks. In fact, lots of British Irish were really Scotland folks.

Far from deserving our respect, or having us recognise any nasty behaviours, I believe the Irish should be held to account for many of the current ills in modern society.

If the Irish had not fucked off in droves seeking a better life elsewhere, the UK would not have need to import workers from 'shithole' countries.

15 minutes ago, JohnThePessimist said:

Being Irish in the UK, I have never received a harsh word meant in earnest, be it during the nonsense in NI, or when the EU weaponised the border. There’s been plenty of mutual pisstaking where I have given as good as I got. And that’s the difference IMHO. We can be mocked and mock back. One of my best friends still refers to me as ‘Boat Hopper’. And I am a top 5% earner and net contributor.

Are you married?  Asking for a friend. :)

21 minutes ago, spunko said:

If you want to hear an Irish person moaning constantly about the English, give Sinead O'Connor a call... or join the Democrat party. Nearly all of these hard-line Irish moaners are actually claimed 18th generation Irish or some such nonsense. Kennedy family, Biden family, etc etc.

The further removed,  the louder they are.

Sinead oconnor is just bat shit crazy.

2 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

I was watching a few comedians taking the piss out of the German comedian Henning Wehn a few weeks ago, Sean Lock being the worst. It was the worst stereotypical images of the Germans that you can imagine but hilarious and Henning gave as good as got. just really good banter with most people thinking the better of him for being a good sport.

Then I wondered what it would be like if we took the piss out of some of the Muslim comedians with silly stereotypical jokes, there would be uproar

2 hours ago, haroldshand said:

Have you thought about getting a hobby/girlfriend/life then you might have more interesting or amusing observations to share?

2 hours ago, haroldshand said:

And the Welsh

And the Scottish.

And the English Provinces

And Industrial England

And London and the other major cities.

The only people who had a good time in the olden times were the privileged.   Oh, that's not 'white privilege' or some such nonsense -- it is the 1% who have all the money.  They had it then, and they have it now.  #privilegeprivilege.

[Sure they're often white.  But 'privileged people are white' doesn't equal 'white people are privileged' -- for some reason even the most simple forms of logical argument aren't popular in these days]