DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Electric garage door, fucking hell...

Anyone know anything about electric garage doors? Mine won't do anything but beep at me. Tried the remote and the buttons on the actual unit and all In getting is beeps. It's a "Teleco tvprp868a04" and has two lights on- one with an exclamation point and the other just to say it has power, there's a bit white lamp on top too, and two buttons- up, and down. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Anyone know anything about electric garage doors? Mine won't do anything but beep at me. Tried the remote and the buttons on the actual unit and all In getting is beeps. It's a "Teleco tvprp868a04" and has two lights on- one with an exclamation point and the other just to say it has power, there's a bit white lamp on top too, and two buttons- up, and down. 

No idea sorry. 

Can you open/close it manually?

We have a set of 4 electric garage doors in a row - all quite old & a bit dodgy! Usually they go up but won't go down. Have to yank them a bit. 

There's one guy we know will have a go at fixing them, but I fear we are heading towards having to get 4 new ones one day, up which I guess will be horribly expensive.  For now we are soldiering on.  And most of the time they work ok. 

Good luck with finding a solution! No use having a garage door which won't open/close when you want it to.

13 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

How many sheds have you got?

It's just one big/wide garage thing,  with 4 doors in a row! 😂

Advantage is we can get both/either of the 2 cars out if just one of three doors agrees to open.

Fourth door has a wall between so no good. Just tools etc down there. 

Always worry about "what ifs" (disaster planning) so if we know we need to go swhere important (eg airport) we prefer to park the car outside garage ready .... just in case the garage door goes on strike!

Living in the far east in a nice rented villa with one of those sideways sliding driveway gates -  great, until you get a power cut. (Which was quite often while we were there!)

Edited by whocares

I'm not picking on him.  I mean, who knows?  Right now, someone is causing this whole mess in the world.  For all I can figure out could be anyone.... even the backwards-writing big noses!  Hell, as a western, white male I get the finger pointed at me enough, so why should they be exempt?

It's just cos it's his thing and that's what he pushes - so it leaves him open to a bit of pisstake!  

Point the finger at a group and expect a bit of flak.

I'm sure he's daddy-pig enough to take it.

If sufficient piss had been taken out of the Nazi's they would never have gained power.

.... if only we knew who the piss-taking finger should be pointed at now.  Carl thinks he knows.... I'm not so sure.

Edited by Whowhywhen?
2 minutes ago, ninjaborrower said:

Im a carrot crunching hick and dont give a shit, just because a bunch off limp wristed middle class knob ends havent the guts to call a spade a spade isnt my problem,

The right are the most weak bellends in the world, no wonder they are losing support and people are just walking away

Riiiiiight, enjoy your carrots.

5 minutes ago, ninjaborrower said:

At least i can grow food, enjoy your waitrose home delivery loser

Oh, I will!!!!! I will need it to sustain me while I study the highly complex technical challenge of.....

.....growing food.

A challenge that has confused and frustrated the finest human minds for eons.

Edited by Whowhywhen?

I've had this.

I don't know about your door's configuration @Carl Fimble but mine has the control unit towards the top on one side and the remote safety sensor on the same side at the bottom of the door.

Two problems lead to it not shutting but beeping at me:

• batteries running low in the safety sensor
  • water getting into the control unit after strong winds and rain

The first is easily fixed with new batteries.

The second was harder but basically putting sealant all around that corner of the door pretty much fixed it.  The gaps were small but when the wind is driving the rain it gets in.

Presume is roller shutter type  as apparently that controller is used for a lot of roller doors. If so do you have the manual winder? Roll up and down tomato share the door is not stuck in the track and the track is clean - come controllers monitor motor current and work out the mech is seized and so turns the motor back off sharpish to stop it being overloaded.  If not that then end stops next thing to look at.

Edited by onlyme