DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Vaccine Stamps To Be Considered For Overseas Travel

Dave Beans

Which is why I started the thread in stealth.

People should escape while they can.

Next it will say "sorry, due to your Social Media content, you are not eligible for a stamp".

• Agree 3

Expected. Further assaults to be expected in other areas.

A defence for this might be "the country of arrival" will expect it. Mentioned before...the CCP has talked about this via Q codes and "sharing" data. Unusual. They normally dont ask. As sod all are flying at the moment, its an easy idea to seed for acceptance.

More arm twisting likely. We might even evolve into a very divided society again as in Brexit in views.

The next feelers will be in the health/social care area for a passport if I had a guess as they seemed to being lined up for the Pfizer vaccine..where any refusals will be first felt.

As mentioned how this admin process of passports will work might be a work of fiction. Someone noted some back of a fag pack calculations of adminstering a vaccine at speed. The records will be a tick on a print off. Thats it in places like the NHS Hospitals. Their administration for external contractors and the antibody screen was crap (anecdotal I am.afraid).

I wouldnt say its quite project fear II. Not far off.  They are looking to.persuade the middle group. Me I suppose, who might see this travel aspect as a carrot (a stick to me) rather than hold out.

• Agree 2

I had to get a jab for Yellow Fever for  a planned trip to Angola. I don't know whether the Foreign Office, the Angolans, or my employer insisted on it.

Anyway the diffenence is, there's not much point imposing restrictions, when the Cronyvirus is now world wide.

It's just the usual "foreign places are dirty, and the food is funny" mentality from 1950.

• Agree 4

Concerning..  I don’t really want to give it to my kids.   

I would hope a recent Covid test would also meet any foreign entrance criteria..   though that criteria will presumably be set by the particular country in question.

Edited by Libspero

What are you going to do about it exactly?

Answer: "nothing"

"Why"?

Because you are all waaaay too comfortable.

Maybe there should be enforced covid vaccinations for under 18's, that'll really learn the drossers. 

The days of needles and jabs are fast disappearing.

Lastly, the researchers note that nanotechnology's impact on COVID-19 vaccine development does not end with the vaccine itself, but extends through development of devices and platforms to administer the vaccine. This has historically been complicated by live attenuated and inactivated vaccines requiring constant refrigeration, as well as insufficient health care professionals where the vaccines are needed. "Recently, modern alternatives to such distribution and access challenges have come to light, such as single-dose slow release implants and microneedle-based patches which could reduce reliance on the cold chain and ensure vaccination even in situations where qualified health care professionals are rare or in high demand," the researchers write. "Microneedle-based patches could even be self-administered which would dramatically hasten roll-out and dissemination of such vaccines as well as reducing the burden on the healthcare system."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200715095500.htm

We're talking nanotechnology here.  

"Nanotechnology plays a major role in vaccine design," the researchers, led by UC San Diego Nanoengineering Professor Nicole Steinmetz, wrote. Steinmetz is also the founding director of UC San Diego's Center for Nano ImmunoEngineering. "Nanomaterials are ideal for delivery of antigens, serving as adjuvant platforms, and mimicking viral structures. The first candidates launched into clinical trials are based on novel nanotechnologies and are poised to make an impact."

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to see where this is going.   Every human carrying Bio-ID.

The Vaccination Stamp in your passport will be irrelevant. 

The data will be held on a National Security Data Base. Just scanning the passport will allow the gates to open....or not.

Bloody glad I'm shuffling towards my tomb....what a cluster fuck for humans to endure.

• Agree 3

Chewing Grass

What about all and sundry who land on these shores, are the hoards of Pakistanis and Nigerians for example going to be checked for their inoculations on entry and returned from whence they came if they don't.

I don't think so.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

What about all and sundry who land on these shores, are the hoards of Pakistanis and Nigerians for example going to be checked for their inoculations on entry and returned from whence they came if they don't.

I don't think so.

I don't think I've ever been asked for vaccination proof at airports. It might have been a condition of the visa.

• Informative 1

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't think I've ever been asked for vaccination proof at airports. It might have been a condition of the visa.

I'm surprised none of you (Pin excepted) have mentioned that this is not without precedent. You show up in a lot of countries without, say, a valid Yellow fever vaccine certificate and those countries are quite open that you will be refused entry.

But then I'm not surprised nobody else  has mentioned this, as you're a bunch of pussy drama queens. 

Edited by Melchett
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1

7 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I'm surprised none of you (Pin excepted) have mentioned that this is not without precedent. You show up in a lot of countries without, say, a valid Yellow fever vaccine certificate and those countries are quite open that you will be refused entry.

But then I'm not surprised nobody else  has mentioned this, as you're a bunch of pussy drama queens. 

Yes, specifically it was Yellow Fever, for Angola. Since I never went in the end, I don't know whether it would have been checked at the airport. Probably yes.

The difference with the current covid, is I don't have to go to Angola to be exposed to it, as it appears to have got everywhere except Rockall.

Edited by MrPin

16 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Yellow fever is attenuated live vaccine, not mRNA.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

Moreover, we are supposed to have utter trust in a vaccine that didn't exist six months ago, and is pretty much the quickest drug they've ever got out to market.

• Agree 9

1 minute ago, Dave Beans said:

Moreover, we are supposed to have utter trust in a vaccine that didn't exist six months ago, and is pretty much the quickest drug they've ever got out to market.

And probably going to be ineffective  in a large percentage of the population, who will be non-responders or producers of antibodies,  but leave them sensitised to the actual infection causing illness and death.

• Agree 5

13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Well I remember going home early, in case I felt a bit rough. As it happens, I didn't. I am pretty sure that the Yellow Fever vaccine is well tried and tested.

• Agree 2

Yadda yadda yadda
27 minutes ago, MrPin said:

You don't need a visa to visit Brazil. They do have Yellow Fever. The vaccine now seems to be recommended for almost the whole country. Just the north east is ok. When I went Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Minas Gerais didn't require it either. There were no checks for it at all. Might have been different in the Amazon.

Just as well as the jab makes quite a few people very ill for a while. I did have some tetanus and hepatitis vaccines but these were also only recommended.

Big difference in having to prove vaccination for a foreign disease before travelling and vaccination for relatively mild disease that is already present at home. Yellow fever is fatal at least ten times as often as covid.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Well I remember going home early, in case I felt a bit rough. As it happens, I didn't. I am pretty sure that the Yellow Fever vaccine is well tried and tested.

I felt like crap after my YF vaccination, but it was winter so could have just been coincidence. 

2 hours ago, wherebee said:

What will be interesting is whether the rich and famous do this.   Or are these rules only for the little people (see NZ border ban as an example)

Well it's been mooted before that it will turn two tier with the plebs all getting for travel, and rich obviously just getting fancy expensive test and probably paying some kind of extra surcharge too to limit this to extremely wealthy.

Was and is kind of my big concern or wish.... We are all in it together so waiting to see but I'd be much less unhappy getting unknown vaccine tech if every other rich or poor get too.  I know maybe not most forward thinking but just how I feel.

Anyway will be interesting to see state of travel industry in a few years too and how big a thing it is.

Quite possibly changed completely.  Very expensive, much more restrictive.  Or maybe lots of middle class Chinese can come look at castles in Scotland and we'll pander to them and be happy for their custom

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, wherebee said:

What will be interesting is whether the rich and famous do this.   Or are these rules only for the little people (see NZ border ban as an example)

Who is to say which vaccine they get at all or even a saline one?

Trust is gone.

This and the election, outright media manipulation on all major platforms, never, ever again on any matter. 

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Melchett said:

I need an excuse to use my newly aquired trailer and tent the fact COVID is going to save me at least 1800 quid not going abroad .

• Cheers 1