DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Lockdown protest arrests

Sausage

I've seen several peaceful lockdown protestors being arrested. What law are they supposedly breaking?

Whether you agree with the government or not, the right to protest must surely be sacred?

• Agree 1

Caravan Monster

I think they are either using the corona regulations act (is it gatherings of more than 6 people?) like they arrested Tommy Robinson at Speaker's Corner for a few weeks ago, or waiting to get protesters on film pulling over street fencing or 'assaulting' police officers.

Unlike the US with their written constitution with their defined rights, the UK has little such protection for people to assemble. Particularly since the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (Major regime) and the anti-rave amendments 2004 under Blunkett and Blair.

With the famous protestors swinging on the gates of Downing Street footage xD

Edited by Caravan Monster

I believe a protest of two or more people is now illegal in the UK.

National emergencies are very useful things for those in power. Luckily they're only temporary* powers.

* in age-of-the-known-universe terms.

• Agree 7

Yadda yadda yadda
31 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

I think they are either using the corona regulations act (is it gatherings of more than 6 people?) like they arrested Tommy Robinson at Speaker's Corner for a few weeks ago, or waiting to get protesters on film pulling over street fencing or 'assaulting' police officers.

Unlike the US with their written constitution with their defined rights, the UK has little such protection for people to assemble. Particularly since the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 (Major regime) and the anti-rave amendments 2004 under Blunkett and Blair.

No obvious police brutality there. Toward the end they seemed keen to stop anyone going down towards Buckingham Palace but otherwise protestors were just left to it.

Didn't achieve much though. Just some suntans on a hot day.

Yadda yadda yadda
32 minutes ago, Alex said:

I believe a protest of two or more people is now illegal in the UK.

National emergencies are very useful things for those in power. Luckily they're only temporary* powers.

* in age-of-the-known-universe terms.

Is this a proper law made after a vote in Parliament or is it a statutory instrument or some other executive power?

I did wonder if this would be trumped by The Human Rights Act but if you look at Article 11 the protection in paragraph 1 is undermined by paragraph 2. Same applies with the other articles. You're protected unless the Government can come up with a reason why you're not.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/schedule/1

• Lol 1

10 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Is this a proper law made after a vote in Parliament or is it a statutory instrument or some other executive power?

I did wonder if this would be trumped by The Human Rights Act but if you look at Article 11 the protection in paragraph 1 is undermined by paragraph 2. Same applies with the other articles. You're protected unless the Government can come up with a reason why you're not.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/schedule/1

Don't know. I think Priti Patel announced it a couple of weeks ago.

Laws don't matter any more. I think that should be obvious by now.

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Don't know. I think Priti Patel announced it a couple of weeks ago.

Laws don't matter any more. I think that should be obvious by now.

Just to correct you, what you should have said is that the law of the land is being ignored and new so-called laws are being made up as they go along.  

a fine example of a totalitarian state.  

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

That’s a rhetorical question, isn’t it?

Probably... But I wasn't sure whether regulations have changed since BLM and XR protests.

2 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

Wow. How this country has changed in the last 25 years. Look at those lines of coppers in nothing more than white shirt and ties. Compare that to todays protests and the police.

• Agree 1

Yadda yadda yadda
5 minutes ago, Sausage said:

Probably... But I wasn't sure whether regulations have changed since BLM and XR protests.

They have changed. The two man rule is new.

Probably wouldn't have been enforced for the state condoned demos though.

• Agree 1

Mirror Mirror
9 minutes ago, Sausage said:

They have changed, but we haven’t yet had a BLM or XR demo to test the police governments response to it.

Yadda yadda yadda
2 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

They have changed, but we haven’t yet had a BLM or XR demo to test the police governments response to it.

When is the next school holiday? Those usually coincide with XR protests. Although it might be getting a bit cold so spring might be the next one.

45 minutes ago, Sausage said:

I'm tempted to attend a lockdown protest but I work for a Local Authority. Being arrested and/or charged would probably mean I lose my job.

And that is one way the state works to stop people demonstrating.  

• Agree 2

Good to see similar resources available for BLM/XR peaceful protests. 

Or such resources available for the epidemic of knife and other violent crime. 

Remember this when the pigs complain about lack of resources,  or manpower available for patrols or your last burglary etc. 

Police should be publicly shunned,  denied service in pubs etc. 

Hopefully we should see some kickback and a few police filled in and hospitalised.  Fuck them 

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, JFK said:

Good to see similar resources available for BLM/XR peaceful protests. 

Or such resources available for the epidemic of knife and other violent crime. 

Remember this when the pigs complain about lack of resources,  or manpower available for patrols or your last burglary etc. 

Police should be publicly shunned,  denied service in pubs etc. 

Hopefully we should see some kickback and a few police filled in and hospitalised.  Fuck them 

The police are the enforcement arm of the state.  They are not there to serve or protect the public.  Same as the legacy media. They are not there to inform but to push state propaganda.  

• Agree 5

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

The police are the enforcement arm of the state.  They are not there to serve or protect the public.  Same as the legacy media. They are not there to inform but to push state propaganda.  

The state's equivalent of HR then...

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, One percent said:

Quite.  Which is even more reason to push back at them.  Ostracise them.  Deny them service.  

We know were you live.  Make them fearful in their own homes 

• Agree 1