DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Its a nice day for a white bus pass

Would be interesting to see the demographics of how much the bus passes are used. If I had one it would just sit in a drawer, since bus journeys where I live are not that easy or attractive.

21 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Would be interesting to see the demographics of how much the bus passes are used. If I had one it would just sit in a drawer, since bus journeys where I live are not that easy or attractive.

Yes it depends where you live.

Assuming they're still giving them out in fifteen years' time I expect to be totally hammering it for the first couple of years until the novelty wears off with walks and day trips.

I like going out a lot but I would always rather be driven than drive; at present driving is a fraction of the price of buses so car it is.

I'm also hoping by 2035 that the depriving of personal transport to people will mean that the bus services become better used and therefore more frequent and with more routes.

55 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Its only in London -funny that - where you can make a pig of yourself - free bus, free tube.

My mums uses her, going North or going South.

Due to transport limitation she cant go much beyond ~40 miles on it

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

That reminds me of going for an accountancy job interview down in that-there London many years ago. 

Got chatting to the gentleman next to me who was a recently retired accountant for Deloitte. 

He was on the train because he had a free pass and so was just randomly travelling to different places because he could. 

At least my interviewer reimbursed my costs. 

38 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

That reminds me of going for an accountancy job interview down in that-there London many years ago. 

Got chatting to the gentleman next to me who was a recently retired accountant for Deloitte. 

He was on the train because he had a free pass and so was just randomly travelling to different places because he could.  to get away from his wife.

At least my interviewer reimbursed my costs. 

To be honest, if I had my housing sorted and a free London transport pass Id do the same.

I tend to use metro bus trips as much as possible - too many hours wasted looking for parking and parking tickets.

Urbans driving in strange towns is too stressful.

Sitting on top floor of a bus lets you have a good nose at stuff.

22 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I've mentioned it before, some friends were flatmates with Billy Idol at Sussex Uni.

Billy was a nobody who wanted to be a pop star. They found this highly amusing.

My friend ended up as a bus driver. Billy went on to other things.

Bit Billy-ist mate...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
9 hours ago, onlyme said:

Eyes without a face is all about the deep state. 

I thought it was about a French burd who'd had her face disfigured in a car crash. Les yeux sans visage?

Un homme dans une gare isolée
Une valise à ses côtés
Les yeux sans visage
Montrent de la peur lorsqu'il se tourne pour se cacher

or something

Edited by Dave Bloke
12 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

I've mentioned it before, some friends were flatmates with Billy Idol at Sussex Uni.

Billy was a nobody who wanted to be a pop star. They found this highly amusing.

My friend ended up as a bus driver. Billy went on to other things.

Yes, he was at Sussex, a bit before me. Wreckless Eric's mum also worked in the admin building during my time there.