DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Having successfully destroyed most of the UKs Cafe Culture, restaurant, pub, shopping and physical entertainment economy the soon to be cash-poor government needs to create millions of fake jobs to re-create the illusion that all is well as part of build-back-bollox.

What will these nouveaux faux jobs be other than large expensive 20th Century infrastructure vanity projects that would never ever pay for themselves via passenger fares.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Having successfully destroyed most of the UKs Cafe Culture, restaurant, pub, shopping and physical entertainment economy the soon to be cash-poor government needs to create millions of fake jobs to re-create the illusion that all is well as part of build-back-bollox.

What will these nouveaux faux jobs be other than large expensive 20th Century infrastructure vanity projects that would never ever pay for themselves via passenger fares.

The problem is many of these fake jobs put an unnecessary drag on the real economy.

A plethora of paperwork to do the most mundane of tasks to satisfy the hoards of obese Karens sat in The Ministry of Pointless paper pushers.

We need a cull not more no-jobs.

8 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

The problem is many of these fake jobs put an unnecessary drag on the real economy.

A plethora of paperwork to do the most mundane of tasks to satisfy the hoards of obese Karens sat in The Ministry of Pointless paper pushers.

We need a cull not more no-jobs.

But how to tell fake from real jobs when the politico bankers create so much 'money' from nothing? Artificial money creating artificial demand??

1 minute ago, nickc said:

But how to tell fake from real jobs when the politico bankers create so much 'money' from nothing? Artificial money creating artificial demand??

The present situation seems to be highlighting just how much of the economy we can lose and still function.

Just how many Karens are now "working" from home, read annoying the shit out of their family as they have no little empire at work to be the tyrany of, without the sky falling in.

3 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

The present situation seems to be highlighting just how much of the economy we can lose and still function.

Just how many Karens are now "working" from home, read annoying the shit out of their family as they have no little empire at work to be the tyrany of, without the sky falling in.

Get them to build windmills and bury some carbon

26 minutes ago, Royston said:

Surely just more of the already existing fake 16 hour per week jobs for the breeders and bennie seekers... facebook cupcake makers, kids party face painters, crafters, MLM ''ambassadors''  etc etc

Someone is going to  have to explain what the difference is between a fake job and a real one because I'm a bit stumped here. 

If I demand something whether it's a Cat digger, an app for my phone walks my dog or bakes me a cup cake. And someone provides that want, then they are doing a job. A real job. 

34 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Someone is going to  have to explain what the difference is between a fake job and a real one because I'm a bit stumped here. 

If I demand something whether it's a Cat digger, an app for my phone walks my dog or bakes me a cup cake. And someone provides that want, then they are doing a job. A real job. 

Not sure if you're being serious?

Most of the people claiming to do the fake jobs I mentioned don't do them at all, they just claim to be doing them (always for a very conveniently precise 16 hours per week, never more, never less) in order to be entitled to optimum TC/UC.

Even if they do actually do them they are completely non-viable and reliant on TC/UC to "top up" their income.

(By "top up" what I really mean is receive 2-3x as much in bennies over any money they may, or may not, earn doing their made up hobbyjob.)

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

They are not qualified.

Great idea..  

Lend them the money to study for fake qualification to get the fake jobs. That will also employ fake lecturers to give the fake lessons and nicely fill the gap in income for the fake university vice chancellors who might otherwise not be able to afford those new villas in Monaco now the Chinese have stopped sending their lucrative students here to study.

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Great idea..  

Lend them the money to study for fake qualification to get the fake jobs. That will also employ fake lecturers to give the fake lessons and nicely fill the gap in income for the fake university vice chancellors who might otherwise not be able to afford those new villas in Monaco now the Chinese have stopped sending their lucrative students here to study.

Don't worry. My fake navy will give dubious commisions to bogus applicants. I shall call it Greenpeas.

Just now, MrPin said:

Don't worry. My fake navy will give dubious commisions to bogus applicants. I shall call it Greenpeas.

Politically unworkable..

You need to employ them indirectly via your uncle who runs the mercenary services firm.   That way you can lay them off whenever you want with no political fall out or unions to worry about..  plus split the difference and get filthy rich at the same time. 

Job’s a good ‘un.

Just now, Libspero said:

Politically unworkable..

You need to employ them indirectly via your uncle who runs the mercenary services firm.   That way you can lay them off whenever you want with no political fall out or unions to worry about..  plus split the difference and get filthy rich at the same time. 

Job’s a good ‘un.

You know what I think of Greenpeas. A fucking government funded scam.

2 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

I've often thought that the measure of what is a real business or a real job is this. Would that business or that trade prosper if it depended on customers who spent their money there because they wanted or needed to without being forced to by legislation.

OLd fashioned, but it used to be called a "free market"?

40 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

I've often thought that the measure of what is a real business or a real job is this. Would that business or that trade prosper if it depended on customers who spent their money there because they wanted or needed to without being forced to by legislation.

if it wasn't for 'force' and legislation there wouldn't be that many customers with money to spend.

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

When government creates money to pay for HS2, for which there is no real demand, are those jobs real, in the same sense as those you quoted. 

?

1 minute ago, nickc said:

When government creates money to pay for HS2, for which there is no real demand, are those jobs real, in the same sense as those you quoted. 

?

Chicken and egg type question.

Theres a lot of things bought by the people that are given that 'made up' money. Lots of engineers and railway planners etc  buying cars, houses, restaurant meals, chinese tat.    Are all those people in jobs who make cars , work in restaurants, import chinese tat. Are they real jobs?