• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Bus shelters

Recommended Posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40998324

 

One person has been killed after a car struck a bus shelter in the southern French city of Marseille, police say.

The driver has been arrested. Police say it is not clear whether the van was driven deliberately into the shelter in the old port area or whether it was an accident.

But there are reports that another bus shelter in a different district of the city was struck earlier.

Police have advised people to avoid the old port area.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd.  The incidents were in the XIIIth and XIth arrondissements, and the single mad person has been detained.  But people are still meant to avoid the old port (a few miles from either arrondissement).   And even having said this, they definitely don't have a clue as to the driver's motives...  

Wonder what they really know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have given no indication of any motive behind the incident. Media say the driver is known to police.

The unconfirmed media reports say he has a criminal record and may be suffering from mental illness issues, but is not known to the intelligence services.

The first bus stop was hit at about 09:15 (07:15 GMT) at Croix Rouge in the 13th district, where one person was seriously hurt.

The second bus stop was struck at about 10:00 at Valentine in the 11th district.

 

French media say the woman who died was in her 40s.

Edited by WorkingPoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WorkingPoor said:

They have given no indication of any motive behind the incident. Media say the driver is known to police.

 

The unconfirmed media reports say he has a criminal record and may be suffering from mental illness issues, but is not known to the intelligence services.

 

The first bus stop was hit at about 09:15 (07:15 GMT) at Croix Rouge in the 13th district, where one person was seriously hurt.

 

The second bus stop was struck at about 10:00 at Valentine in the 11th district.

 

French media say the woman who died was in her 40s.

 

 

See, it is a easy statement to make -- people who go around crashing into crowds of people are most definitely mad.

The difficult bit is to work out what their mad reasons were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

They have given no indication of any motive behind the incident. Media say the driver is known to police.

The unconfirmed media reports say he has a criminal record and may be suffering from mental illness issues, but is not known to the intelligence services.

The first bus stop was hit at about 09:15 (07:15 GMT) at Croix Rouge in the 13th district, where one person was seriously hurt.

The second bus stop was struck at about 10:00 at Valentine in the 11th district.

 

French media say the woman who died was in her 40s.

So he was at large in a presumably damaged vehicle for 45 minutes before he targeted the second and managed to kill someone.

Presumably this is a quiter area and the security forces are not as switched on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC correspondent has just said that despite the French authorities ruling out terrorism we should not rush to label it as terrorism and we should not rush to dismiss it as further investigations may show he was motivated by terrorist influences.

I am just off to hospital after suffering coffee burns and no doubt the correspondent is undergoing corrective surgery on his brain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OurDayWillCome said:

BBC correspondent has just said that despite the French authorities ruling out terrorism we should not rush to label it as terrorism and we should not rush to dismiss it as further investigations may show he was motivated by terrorist influences.

I am just off to hospital after suffering coffee burns and no doubt the correspondent is undergoing corrective surgery on his brain!

Did the So-Called BBC actually say that?  If so it's a lie as here is the information supplied as quoted in full on RT:

Quote

 

"At the moment we have no information on the motives of this individual," a police source told Reuters.

The man was known to police for minor crimes and had psychological issues, according to the source. David-Olivier Reverdy of the Alliance police union said the incident is not believed to be terrorism-related but “given the times” it cannot be ruled out as a motive.

 

https://www.rt.com/news/400347-car-france-marseille-shelters/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Did the So-Called BBC actually say that?  If so it's a lie as here is the information supplied as quoted in full on RT:

https://www.rt.com/news/400347-car-france-marseille-shelters/

The correspondent said that although it was not believed to be a terrorist attack they should not be so quick to rule it out, just as they should not jump to call it terrorism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

The correspondent said that although it was not believed to be a terrorist attack they should not be so quick to rule it out, just as they should not jump to call it terrorism.

 

Good reporting that. What is he having for breakfast tomorrow. Could it be toast or not toast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Another innocent person murdered. Another person with potentially life-changing injuries.

Politicians do not care. How many will it take to die for them to do something? 1,000? 10,000? More?

hey only care about the ballot box and their snouts still being in the troughs.

Well, I believe I've mentioned before that I believe the reason that fairly easy targets like, say, Eton College or similar, where the children of the elite may be found, have not been targeted is that the people controlling the perpetrators of the attacks know that this would lead to real action. Plebs can die in their millions before a politician will give a damn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.