DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Doctor Who Animated Series

6 hours ago, DTMark said:

This is great. 13 minute episode - it's part of a series.

Not sure..

Ive tried to watch this and failed.

I *love* cartoons.

Any cartoon that pitches 'Animated servioes'; is going to draw comparison with the best one ever BatMan TAS.

Series like Adventure Time are great - the animation style, although computerised (I think) is great.

Ditto some of the Marvel, which have been stunning.

Sccoby Doo seems to alternate between very very good and shit.

35 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Not sure..

Ive tried to watch this and failed.

I *love* cartoons.

Any cartoon that pitches 'Animated servioes'; is going to draw comparison with the best one ever BatMan TAS.

Series like Adventure Time are great - the animation style, although computerised (I think) is great.

Ditto some of the Marvel, which have been stunning.

Sccoby Doo seems to alternate between very very good and shit.

Adventure Time, interesting. 

Have you seen Regular Show? 

8 hours ago, Whowhywhen? said:

Hmm - watched all of that.  Thought it was a bit shit.  But not entirely shit.  Interesting to compare it to the current Dr Who.

Which is entirely shit.

When I was about 8, Dr. Who was a children's TV show. It was daft then with papier-mache monsters where you could see the strings. Now it's still daft with CGI. Never understood how it suddenly became something supposedly for adults. Like Harry Bloody Potter.

Have mental ages gone into reverse since the 1960s?

19 hours ago, Whowhywhen? said:

Hmm - watched all of that.  Thought it was a bit shit.  But not entirely shit.  Interesting to compare it to the current Dr Who.

Which is entirely shit.

Ah - that's kind of the point. New Doctor Who without, for example, men giving birth or transgender Daleks :)

11 hours ago, Funn3r said:

When I was about 8, Dr. Who was a children's TV show. It was daft then with papier-mache monsters where you could see the strings. Now it's still daft with CGI. Never understood how it suddenly became something supposedly for adults. Like Harry Bloody Potter.

Have mental ages gone into reverse since the 1960s?

Doctor Who was conceived as part educational and part entertainment and intended largely for a children's audience. However it grabbed the attention and interest of adults (if you watch the first Dalek story from 1963 now, it's chilling even now and arguably more adult in nature) and the show has always been at its most successful when it had an audience that spanned all age ranges, such as in the Tom Baker and Peter Davison years. This is actually quite difficult to pull off. When the show has reverted to being one that only appealed to young kids and insulted the intelligence of adults it has suffered, most especially in the final run of the original series which ultimately led to its cancellation. That's where the modern show is now.

Want a thought-provoking plot? You know who to call :)

https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Chicken,_He_Clucked

In Chicken, He Clucked, a man driven mad by the constant smell of chicken in his life from a nearby chicken restaurant makes a deal with a demon to rid the world of all the chickens.

Youtube block it in this country, but DailyMotion has it :)

Edited by apples
added second part