DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Boris Crumbles On Fishing..

Boris Johnson’s Brexit SELL OUT! Barnier gloats to EU – UK wants 60% of fish in own waters

BORIS JOHNSON has scaled-down his demands on fishing quotas with the EU, Brussels sources have claimed.

The Prime Minister is now asking for a return of up to 60 percent of EU catches in UK waters, down from 80 percent, Mr Barnier is believed to have told ambassadors in a meeting this morning.

That’s really not good..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The EU argument is "it's only fair you give us some of your fish so you can continue to sell the fish you catch to the EU". Germany should give us some of their car plants to retain the right to

They were always going to capitulate at the eleventh hour. Less damage would have been done if they had just walked away with WTO rules months ago and had time to prepare for the eventuality instead o

Good move.  Bureaucratise them out of UK waters. Thats a French favourite.  Let our fisheries recover? 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

to be fair the fish hatch and grow west of Ireland and only come to UK waters to get caught

So they can fish them in their own waters then..  why the fuss?

In fact they can do whatever they want with their waters..  that sounds fair.  If they need fish we’ve caught in our own waters we’ll be happy to sell them to them under the terms of a free trade agreement (or with WTO tariffs if they prefer).

They just need to get the fisheries people to manage UK waters better and start by boarding every EU boat on entry to check everything is compliant with every regulation before they cast a net for their own 'safety'. Clean sheet, no problem, any faults, go back, fix them and return in 7 days. The fuel bill alone would see them off.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

They just need to get the fisheries people to manage UK waters better and start by boarding every EU boat on entry to check everything is compliant with every regulation before they cast a net for their own 'safety'. Clean sheet, no problem, any faults, go back, fix them and return in 7 days. The fuel bill alone would see them off.

There is some kind of fisheries vessel tied up in my port. Looks very expensive and relatively new.  Never, ever seen the thing leave port.  Its dock is never empty. Gawd knows its purpose. 

Let's wait and see the detail before wetting ourselves. 

If we can get something like no ECJ, full access to goods and service and no Refugee quota in return for 40% of the fish that's probably a winner. 

Also, lots of territorial water means lots of offshore wind, going to become increasingly valuable over the next 20 years. 

49 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Good move. 

Bureaucratise them out of UK waters. Thats a French favourite. 

20 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I'm not sure we have enough of a fishing fleet left to take advantage of any improved quotas. No point in demanding 60% if we can only catch 40%.

Let our fisheries recover? 

20 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I'm not sure we have enough of a fishing fleet left to take advantage of any improved quotas. No point in demanding 60% if we can only catch 40%.

We still have an industry that builds fishing boats.
https://www.nifca.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/fnw2012-compressed.pdf

1 hour ago, Option5 said:

There’s nothing stopping us selling (or even giving) the quota to them..  90% if we want to.  I’m more concerned that control of our territorial waters is simply handed over to the EU so we no longer have a choice.  I don’t have anything against (for example) a very long term taper.

6 minutes ago, Libspero said:

There’s nothing stopping us selling (or even giving) the quota to them..  90% if we want to.  I’m more concerned that control of our territorial waters is simply handed over to the EU so we no longer have a choice.  I don’t have anything against (for example) a very long term taper.

aecd28a0-333b-11eb-81bc-25e5b0bd2342-sta

It would be interesting to see what happens if Scotland were to go independent..