DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Boris, Starmer, Lib Dems or naughty troublemaker Farage?

Hard to believe that Boris was the breath of fresh air as he started this year with huge popularity  and a good majority now with so many people already planing for his demise, I am one of them after being yet again taken in by yet another ****.

So who do you fancy now?

1. Sticking with Boris

2. Labour

3. Lib Dems

4. Or does Farage and his disruptive party take your fancy

I am now 100% going for Farage, and if that tears the present UK fabric  apart then great

Whoever fills the void left by the main three parties. I'm hoping it'll be some new blood but I don't see anyone interesting even entering the ring yet. Laurence Fox may be it but I'm unconvinced that he's not just another privileged libtard. Would be nice to see someone who has genuinely come from nowhere.

13 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Farage.....

The current system isn't for for purpose (obviously).

But the current system will continue like a spinning top....for ever and ever and ever.

Farage has no chance.

Exactly.

No party is proposing replacing the (currently non-existent but theoretical) constitution and electoral system, which is what is required.

Farage.

He is genuinely a man of the people rather than establishment stooges like the others listed IMO.

He has tremendous popular support and if he would put his efforts into forming a genuinely populist party with a full range of policies then he would have the keys to number ten in a few short years.

Maybe though he doesn't want that but is happy making his videos instead.

And if that makes him happy then good luck to him as he devoted most of his life to achieving BREXIT and so already has his place in history.

Honestly it all needs to go, smaller state, fewer laws and hardly any CS/PS. Make education, NHS etch paid for at point of use abolish all local councils. 

Zero taxes on income, consumption, capital or profit. 

Police to be unpaid specials

Defence to be tiny enough to protect borders stop invading and killing people for profit. 

We have tried the state it is corrupt and evil and destructive, just like religion time to try something different

The issue is the transition while all the non productive and those who make a living from the state have to adjust

Get rid of the current ‘professional political class’. We’ve seen politicians jump from party to party, they have no political convictions. Limit membership of the Commons to 2 terms. Put in an elected upper chamber with similar term limits. Multi seat constituencies with a PR style voting system. 
Ally this with a contribution based welfare system, along with local services provided and paid for by local government. Public sector pay & pension system to be pegged to mean industrial earnings.

I always thought the decision to build the two white elephant / air craft carriers was a notably marker in UK government waste squandering money on trying to remain a world power. 

For the money spent alone on the ships we could have had:

• 2 extra squadrons of Eurofighters (send a few down to the Falklands if thats a worry)
  • 2 Type 45 Destroyers / or a mix of frigates and offshore patrol vessels
  • 2 Astute Submarines
  • 2 Air Bus Voyager refuelling aircraft

And thats before we spunked $10bn or more  on the F35's. 

23 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

I always thought the decision to build the two white elephant / air craft carriers was a notably marker in UK government waste squandering money on trying to remain a world power. 

For the money spent alone on the ships we could have had:

• 2 extra squadrons of Eurofighters (send a few down to the Falklands if thats a worry)
  • 2 Type 45 Destroyers / or a mix of frigates and offshore patrol vessels
  • 2 Astute Submarines
  • 2 Air Bus Voyager refuelling aircraft

And thats before we spunked $10bn or more  on the F35's. 

No.

They were Browns gormless attempt to guaranteed hed get elected.

They were built in a shipyard in his constituency.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/457127/fife-dockyard-hailed-as-aircraft-carrier-leaves-rosyth/

I don’t know if a new party will be up and running in time for the Welsh Assembly elections (I pay no attention to what goes on there other than the odd bit of news from fusspot Drakeford about not being able to eat Haribo on any stretch of pavement that is at a tangent to a Greggs establishment if you are standing on one leg between 1:30pm and 3:15pm), but I will vote for Farage’s party or similar if one is in place for the WAG elections. Would be a great opportunity to pick up momentum to crush this false left- right wing paradigm we have currently and replace it with a new structure where the dividing line is put in its rightful place between liberal globalism and a form of conservative nation statism.

Edited by DownwardSpiral
1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

Farage.....

The current system isn't for for purpose (obviously).

But the current system will continue like a spinning top....for ever and ever and ever.

Farage has no chance.

Precisely.

Farage will never have enough financial backing, our democorruptcy is all about money. It was funny over on ToS watching such as Bruce actually suggesting his UKIP were going to win the election. I kept quoting the betting where they weren't even expected to win a seat.

3 hours ago, Stuey said:

Farage has too much history by now unfortunately.

We've a good lad in the North East in Ben Houchen who front ran the Red Wall by becoming Teesside Mayor in 2017 as a Tory.

INTERESTING FACTOIDS: His uncle - Keith Houchen - used to play for, and later managed Hartlepool United. His autobiography is called "A Tenner, And A Box Of Kippers."

Keith Houchen married my maths teacher's daughter.

Keith Houchen scored one of the most famous FA Cup Final goals ever for Coventry City in 1987...

keith-houchen-scores-in-the-1987-fa-cup-

XYY

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

INTERESTING FACTOIDS: His uncle - Keith Houchen - used to play for, and later managed Hartlepool United. His autobiography is called "A Tenner, And A Box Of Kippers."

Keith Houchen married my maths teacher's daughter.

Keith Houchen scored one of the most famous FA Cup Final goals ever for Coventry City in 1987...

keith-houchen-scores-in-the-1987-fa-cup-

XYY

Yeah Ben was going to play rugby I think before spine problems.

He's been involved with industry which puts him in a better spot than 99% of parliament. Just needs a bit of spunk..

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Farage.

He is genuinely a man of the people rather than establishment stooges like the others listed IMO.

He has tremendous popular support and if he would put his efforts into forming a genuinely populist party with a full range of policies then he would have the keys to number ten in a few short years.

Maybe though he doesn't want that but is happy making his videos instead.

And if that makes him happy then good luck to him as he devoted most of his life to achieving BREXIT and so already has his place in history.

I spent 8 hours next to him on a flight last year, he was a really nice and genuine guy with a love for his country 

6 hours ago, spygirl said:

No.

They were Browns gormless attempt to guaranteed hed get elected.

They were built in a shipyard in his constituency.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/457127/fife-dockyard-hailed-as-aircraft-carrier-leaves-rosyth/

If he had been serious about carriers they would have been nuclear powered and with cat and trap decks. I as suspect that with F18s the whole thing would have worked  out cheaper than the setup that we have. Totally any argument as to the viability of carriers in today's world.

Of course didn't some other labour goon suggest that although he thought that there should be no Trident replacement, to he subs should be built anyhow to keep the shipyards in work and they could sail under the oceans unarmed?

2 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

If he had been serious about carriers they would have been nuclear powered and with cat and trap decks. I as suspect that with F18s the whole thing would have worked  out cheaper than the setup that we have. Totally any argument as to the viability of carriers in today's world.

Of course didn't some other labour goon suggest that although he thought that there should be no Trident replacement, to he subs should be built anyhow to keep the shipyards in work and they could sail under the oceans unarmed?

You joke about the subs but it is a skill and perishable, after we had build the V boats we left it too long to start the astute class and had to go begging to America for the expertise to help. 

Subs are some of the best investments we can make in defence, not like carriers which are obsolete with a near peer 

4 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

You joke about the subs but it is a skill and perishable, after we had build the V boats we left it too long to start the astute class and had to go begging to America for the expertise to help. 

Subs are some of the best investments we can make in defence, not like carriers which are obsolete with a near peer 

I wasn't joking about the subs, more pointing out how badly politicos understand what they are doing.

I agree entirely about the skills being lost. It will be interesting to see how long it takes the RN to become operational wit the new carriers.