DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Bleeping SNOW

I love snow especially if I don't have to drive anywhere. Makes everything look totes scenic and Christmassy. Can't remember the last time I saw any round here in Thames Valley must be half a dozen years ago. 

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I love snow especially if I don't have to drive anywhere. Makes everything look totes scenic and Christmassy. Can't remember the last time I saw any round here in Thames Valley must be half a dozen years ago. 

Agree, but here I just have dark grey sky and sleet that doesn't look as if it will become proper snow.

Brandy. Yes, brandy will cheer me up :)

2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

No it wasn't. You were probably snowed in a few years back, like 2017.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

No it wasn't. You were probably snowed in a few years back, like 2017.

I moved house a lot after my divorce and the most recent moving day was in January 2017. I definitely have not had any snow at my current residence, nor the previous one where I slummed for 6 months. Might have been the odd flurry which didn't "stick" as we used to say when I was a kid. 

I used to be a fairly keen x-country skier (Canada) and the last time I was "snowed-in" in Bracknell (which to me means cannot get the car off the drive because snow) I actually skied to the office. Couldn't brag to cow-orkers as the office was empty except for myself but I got massive kudos for keeping certain things operating for the customer, remote working not being quite as much of a thing back then.

Don't recall ever being snowed-in in this country, but I have been freezing-rained-in...

December 2010 in Worsley was the worst, it had been sub zero for days then precipitation came overnight but passed through a milder layer in the atmosphere. Then struck the -5c ground...

6 minutes ago, eight said:

You could come to our place, if only you knew where it was!

Cheapest thing on the menu is suddenly surprisingly popular.

IMG_20201202_182606.thumb.jpg.6fc3bb3ea3f53040304af3bf72959feb.jpg

Went to pub last night as they have reopened and son wanted to go. Didn't really fancy it, as eating a meal and drinking beer just don't go together with me and I soon get that bloated feeling. 

Staff had made an amazing effort with an xmas-style beer tent in the garden with heaters. They seemed verging on pathetically grateful that anyone had turned up as well. A great experience from the "atmosphere" point of view. 

Son liked the idea of 2-pint steins of lager, which seemed popular with other drinkers,  and I suspect that will be something the pub will offer right through the summer. There was not much on the menu for class-A vegestralians such as myself so I had a hummus flatbread which was meh.

I would have been overjoyed to have nachos like in the photo though.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Hows about this from sort of near me, asked her ladyship if she wanted a trip out in the 4x4 to see snow and she said 'No, I'm not 5"...

537666357_Screenshotfrom2020-12-0412-32-12.png.73bfaba0238409a213d5bbb43b91e8c3.png

It's 2020 and they can't upgrade to a colour cam?