DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Going for the nuclear option.

These are the bottom drawer stocks in exMrsLTS pension pot. It's not all in the red. Yearly low £120k from the £165k pre-covid crisis level and now punching through £180k I've navigated the choppy seas and come out in front.

2020 was the year for precious metals and pgm miners and I was scratching my head thinking what the 2021s winners might be and then EFR showed some positive price action last week (which is already in my portfolio - finally showing breakeven on 2000 shares) so that got me looking at all the other nukes and I've whittled it down to 3 stocks that I believe have the potential to multi-bag when the uranium sector plays catch-up with other metals which it will - if it doesn't happen in the next few years the lights will go out in the nuclear industry literally and metaphorically speaking. Conventional nuclear is here to stay and grow for at least the next 70 years - big Russian PWRs being commissioned in the likes of Belarus and in more developed countries multiples of SMRs from the likes of the RR. consortium. 

In order of preference *Fission Uranium Corp, Denison Mines Corp followed by **Energy Fuels and I might add Ur-Energy for more diversification in the sector.

*some of the best grades on the planet with the lowest costs per lbs.

** together with rare earths and vanadium, a slower burner and my lottery ticket hence holding a larger position.

These are initial stakes which I feel could do well by themselves and they've been replicated across 3 pots. With more upside potential that downside risk I thought I might as well share. 

Screenshot_20201205-104905_HL.jpg

On 05/12/2020 at 11:14, longtomsilver said:

In order of preference *Fission Uranium Corp, Denison Mines Corp followed by **Energy Fuels and I might add Ur-Energy for more diversification in the sector.

Great calls there @longtomsilver! All up a lot this week. I put them on my watch list when you posted with the intention of investing when this month's SIPP dosh hit my account, which is today - and now see they're all up around 15%-20% - damn! Well done!

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/12/2020 at 10:19, Ellandback said:

Great calls indeed! Managed to buy a bit of Fission and Dennison last week but I passed on energy fuels for some reason and that's been on a tear since, stunning to see that stock hit $275 during the last bull.

I found these uranium investing insights from Rick Rule helpful.

Thanks for posting this video: guaranteed they are talking about FCU at the 17 minute mark.. zero net present value now and $3-4billion at $50-$60/lb ;)

I've lucked out on my uranium picks 🙃

• 3 weeks later...

I've added/initiated UEX to my portfolio. Sentiment has driven the recent run on uranium stocks and we are as yet to see the fundamentals come into play. It's possibly one of the more speculative plays but it was hit harder than the others post Fukushima and IMO stands to gain the most short term if U3O8 touchs $40/lbs which I think is a possibility this year as the narrative for a U3O8 bull run gets stronger. It's doubled like the rest of them but at 27cents a share these are prices not seen since early 2000s.. 80cents seems to be the normal low in a functioning uranium market.

This video explains it all and has covered most of my picks.

https://t.co/hfGMSGrufa?amp=1

Edited by longtomsilver