DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Going for the nuclear option.

longtomsilver

longtomsilver

These are the bottom drawer stocks in exMrsLTS pension pot. It's not all in the red. Yearly low £120k from the £165k pre-covid crisis level and now punching through £180k I've navigated the choppy seas and come out in front.

2020 was the year for precious metals and pgm miners and I was scratching my head thinking what the 2021s winners might be and then EFR showed some positive price action last week (which is already in my portfolio - finally showing breakeven on 2000 shares) so that got me looking at all the other nukes and I've whittled it down to 3 stocks that I believe have the potential to multi-bag when the uranium sector plays catch-up with other metals which it will - if it doesn't happen in the next few years the lights will go out in the nuclear industry literally and metaphorically speaking. Conventional nuclear is here to stay and grow for at least the next 70 years - big Russian PWRs being commissioned in the likes of Belarus and in more developed countries multiples of SMRs from the likes of the RR. consortium. 

In order of preference *Fission Uranium Corp, Denison Mines Corp followed by **Energy Fuels and I might add Ur-Energy for more diversification in the sector.

*some of the best grades on the planet with the lowest costs per lbs.

** together with rare earths and vanadium, a slower burner and my lottery ticket hence holding a larger position.

These are initial stakes which I feel could do well by themselves and they've been replicated across 3 pots. With more upside potential that downside risk I thought I might as well share. 

Screenshot_20201205-104905_HL.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 6

On 05/12/2020 at 11:14, longtomsilver said:

In order of preference *Fission Uranium Corp, Denison Mines Corp followed by **Energy Fuels and I might add Ur-Energy for more diversification in the sector.

Great calls there @longtomsilver! All up a lot this week. I put them on my watch list when you posted with the intention of investing when this month's SIPP dosh hit my account, which is today - and now see they're all up around 15%-20% - damn! Well done!

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great calls indeed! Managed to buy a bit of Fission and Dennison last week but I passed on energy fuels for some reason and that's been on a tear since, stunning to see that stock hit $275 during the last bull.

I found these uranium investing insights from Rick Rule helpful.

• Informative 1

longtomsilver
On 24/12/2020 at 10:19, Ellandback said:

Great calls indeed! Managed to buy a bit of Fission and Dennison last week but I passed on energy fuels for some reason and that's been on a tear since, stunning to see that stock hit $275 during the last bull.

I found these uranium investing insights from Rick Rule helpful.

Thanks for posting this video: guaranteed they are talking about FCU at the 17 minute mark.. zero net present value now and $3-4billion at $50-$60/lb ;)

I've lucked out on my uranium picks 🙃

• Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...
longtomsilver

I've added/initiated UEX to my portfolio. Sentiment has driven the recent run on uranium stocks and we are as yet to see the fundamentals come into play. It's possibly one of the more speculative plays but it was hit harder than the others post Fukushima and IMO stands to gain the most short term if U3O8 touchs $40/lbs which I think is a possibility this year as the narrative for a U3O8 bull run gets stronger. It's doubled like the rest of them but at 27cents a share these are prices not seen since early 2000s.. 80cents seems to be the normal low in a functioning uranium market.

This video explains it all and has covered most of my picks.

https://t.co/hfGMSGrufa?amp=1

Edited by longtomsilver
  • Informative 5

On 17/01/2021 at 02:26, longtomsilver said:

I've added/initiated UEX to my portfolio. Sentiment has driven the recent run on uranium stocks and we are as yet to see the fundamentals come into play. It's possibly one of the more speculative plays but it was hit harder than the others post Fukushima and IMO stands to gain the most short term if U3O8 touchs $40/lbs which I think is a possibility this year as the narrative for a U3O8 bull run gets stronger. It's doubled like the rest of them but at 27cents a share these are prices not seen since early 2000s.. 80cents seems to be the normal low in a functioning uranium market.

This video explains it all and has covered most of my picks.

https://t.co/hfGMSGrufa?amp=1

I sold a small aussie uranium miner after it doubled in a month.  That was enough 'win' for me.

It's now 20% down from the highs - if it comes down by another 20% I'll buy back in with my original amount.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
longtomsilver

This is one of my 9 uranium trades made in December last year. They've all done spectacularly and I believe the nuclear race has only just begun.

To put this into perspective and ignoring the bubbles (tesla) a mediocre car company has a market capital of $85-100billion (daimler/vw), BP $80billion, a battery startup (QuantumScape) a market capital of $18billion and Denison Mines $1billion same as Energy Fuels and most are <$1billion. Power is arguable the most important commodity now and into the future and nuclear will eventually replace oil for our EV and baseload.

20210216_180016.jpg

20210216_175925.jpg

Edited by longtomsilver
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

This is one of my 9 uranium trades made in December last year. They've all done spectacularly and I believe the nuclear race has only just begun.

To put this into perspective and ignoring the bubbles (tesla) a mediocre car company has a market capital of $85-100billion (daimler/vw), BP $80billion, a battery startup (QuantumScape) a market capital of $18billion and Denison Mines $1billion same as Energy Fuels and most are <$1billion. Power is arguable the most important commodity now and into the future and nuclear will eventually replace oil for our EV and baseload.

20210216_180016.jpg

20210216_175925.jpg

Are those two separate share holdings? Don't quite understand that screenshot!

• Cheers 1

longtomsilver
3 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

One is % on the day and the other on the trade (I.e. overall). The daily move is almost as much as the original stake.

Edited by longtomsilver
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

ISA and SIPP?

1 minute ago, longtomsilver said:

One is % on the day and the other on the trade (I.e. overall).

Nice! Amazing rally since Decemeber.

You are right that the nuclear sector still looks cheap.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

longtomsilver
Just now, Hardhat said:

Nice! Amazing rally since Decemeber.

You are right that the nuclear sector still looks cheap.

Uranium stocks have been flattering my portfolio and make up 25% of everything, 15% in HZM and 60% boring bluechips. Now touching £50k up from £8k in 2012 when I took control. This might be a dream.. if I can get it to £120k I'll be able to put it all on a FTSE100 ETF and that'll go some way to funding my retirement.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Uranium stocks have been flattering my portfolio and make up 25% of everything, 15% in HZM and 60% boring bluechips. Now touching £50k up from £8k in 2012 when I took control. This might be a dream.. if I can get it to £120k I'll be able to put it all on a FTSE100 ETF and that'll go some way to funding my retirement.

Nice one... I really need to get my pension into a SIPP and manage it actively. LISA currently at £14.5k from an 8k investment over the past two tax years (when I started it) but that's earmarked for a house purchase at some point, dealing account also looking pretty healthy, up 80%. It's all possible.

• Cheers 1

Jesus Wept
41 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I’ve just added Denison Mines to my list. 

Think I might get myself some Uranium and nuclear energy plays going forward.

Anyone got any thoughts on the watch list I set up in April/may 2020?

Didnt have enough cash to take advantage back then.

97D46369-4A8A-4182-B089-9C47FFE7DFC6.thumb.jpeg.d058d771d6c7b64802fd22859e3d56e9.jpeg

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2020 at 11:14, longtomsilver said:

These are the bottom drawer stocks in exMrsLTS pension pot. It's not all in the red. Yearly low £120k from the £165k pre-covid crisis level and now punching through £180k I've navigated the choppy seas and come out in front.

2020 was the year for precious metals and pgm miners and I was scratching my head thinking what the 2021s winners might be and then EFR showed some positive price action last week (which is already in my portfolio - finally showing breakeven on 2000 shares) so that got me looking at all the other nukes and I've whittled it down to 3 stocks that I believe have the potential to multi-bag when the uranium sector plays catch-up with other metals which it will - if it doesn't happen in the next few years the lights will go out in the nuclear industry literally and metaphorically speaking. Conventional nuclear is here to stay and grow for at least the next 70 years - big Russian PWRs being commissioned in the likes of Belarus and in more developed countries multiples of SMRs from the likes of the RR. consortium. 

*some of the best grades on the planet with the lowest costs per lbs.

** together with rare earths and vanadium, a slower burner and my lottery ticket hence holding a larger position.

These are initial stakes which I feel could do well by themselves and they've been replicated across 3 pots. With more upside potential that downside risk I thought I might as well share. 

Screenshot_20201205-104905_HL.jpg

I saved Paladin Energy which you recommended last year in my "to buy" list when it was 0.12 AUD .... and i stupidly held off ... will buy in if the BK ever happens.

image.png.c9cb7163664d1ed1728175e446990120.png

• Informative 1

longtomsilver
1 hour ago, Hancock said:

I saved Paladin Energy which you recommended last year in my "to buy" list when it was 0.12 AUD .... and i stupidly held off ... will buy in if the BK ever happens.

image.png.c9cb7163664d1ed1728175e446990120.png

My platform doesn't allow me to own Paladin Energy 😭😭

Just now, longtomsilver said:

My platform doesn't allow me to own Paladin Energy 😭😭

To be fair ive not checked mine does, im with AJ Bell.

23rdian
On 16/02/2021 at 20:22, longtomsilver said:

Could you elaborate on the FTSE100 ETF? Is this because you think it is currently undervalued? Or for dividend income? Both? Presumably you think it is good long term bet?

If BK happens do you think this is a little more immune to it?

longtomsilver
17 hours ago, 23rdian said:

Could you elaborate on the FTSE100 ETF? Is this because you think it is currently undervalued? Or for dividend income? Both? Presumably you think it is good long term bet?

If BK happens do you think this is a little more immune to it?

Sorry for the late reply, had a festering migraine yesterday (sugar induced 🙄). I think the FTSE 100 is valued about right whilst other markets especially the US are overpriced. For me it's all about reducing risk and using the income from the bluechips to fund my wild west speculative investments. It looks like my own portfolio is about to get a £75k boost from finanalising the divorce/financial order. The FTSE 100 yields 4%+ in good times and has exposure to global markets as alot of their trade comes from overseas. If I'm getting £4k and contribute £3.6k per annum myself I can afford to make risky bets and hopefully keep the value intact.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

23rdian
36 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Sorry for the late reply, had a festering migraine yesterday (sugar induced 🙄). I think the FTSE 100 is valued about right whilst other markets especially the US are overpriced. For me it's all about reducing risk and using the income from the bluechips to fund my wild west speculative investments. It looks like my own portfolio is about to get a £75k boost from finanalising the divorce/financial order. The FTSE 100 yields 4%+ in good times and has exposure to global markets as alot of their trade comes from overseas. If I'm getting £4k and contribute £3.6k per annum myself I can afford to make risky bets and hopefully keep the value intact.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Last question, would you actually shove £100k plus into a single ETF? Or would you be looking to spread this over 2/3 similar ones? I presume the risk of losing it all in one place is low but it would still worry me.

longtomsilver
51 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Last question, would you actually shove £100k plus into a single ETF? Or would you be looking to spread this over 2/3 similar ones? I presume the risk of losing it all in one place is low but it would still worry me.

I'd caution you to be mindful of the FSCS compensation limits and put £85k in one *ETF perhaps directly with Vanguard avoiding the middle men like HL and maybe invest the £15k in riskier stocks geared towards growth.

Usual caveats apply that this is not financial advice and to DYOR.

*make sure you opt for the income and not accumulation fund and that the income can be easily transferred out.

• Cheers 1

Sugarlips

Anyone who is looking for Uranium exposure, this might be a good place to start. The interviewer has a good style, asks relevant succinct questions.