DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Further evidence of UK's slide into a totalitarian state?

58 minutes ago, snaga said:

that's a clear case of entrapment, illegal in the US, probably in the manual in the UK.

It's "justified" in this case..

It has been held that it is generally acceptable for the police to conduct test purchases (DPP v. Marshall) or pose as passengers to catch unlicensed taxi drivers (Nottingham City Council v. Amin).

1 hour ago, gilf said:

It's "justified" in this case..

in UK may be, but not in the US, it's very clear that this "crime" would not have taken place if the state employees had not initiated it.

It's like buying sex, the police can't ask how much for a BJ, they need to be offered the service.

2 hours ago, deathfunk said:

I'm no doubt you are right. The thing is the appropriate response of the stazi would be simply to let the bar manager know that he cannot sell beer without an order under any circumstances. Then pay him for the pints and wish him a good day.

The absolute scum that do this and send a fine afterwards. Just ruining people's lives.

Ok, there;s another angle to this though, they use the same tactics to catch out pubs that are serving alcohol to under age drinkers..... Kinda puts a different light on it huh? :/

Edited by Snark
4 hours ago, janch said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/uk-police-using-license-plate-cameras-track-down-people-visiting-pubs-neighboring-areas

Woe betide you if you go to a pub in tier 2 from tier 3..........

Police overstepping the mark (again)?

First they came for the litter droppers but they're fucking scum so I cheered.

Then they came for those that mix their recycling, but they're climate deniers so I cheered.

Then they want to stop me flouting public health restrictions so I can have a pint with my salmon corduroy wearing, entitled boomer buddies and there's no public sympathy.

Suck it up buttercup.

Out of fucks to give.

4 hours ago, janch said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/uk-police-using-license-plate-cameras-track-down-people-visiting-pubs-neighboring-areas

Woe betide you if you go to a pub in tier 2 from tier 3..........

Police overstepping the mark (again)?

'round are way, the Sweeney have been driving around none stop with the Tax camera van. I thought they were merely filling time and looking for easy targets, but this thread has me thinking that they are actually checking where the cars are registered to.

54 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

'round are way, the Sweeney have been driving around none stop with the Tax camera van. I thought they were merely filling time and looking for easy targets, but this thread has me thinking that they are actually checking where the cars are registered to.

Funny, a few weeks back, middle of the month I noticed a few cars clamped for no road tax. It always happens at the beginning of the month around here but this is the first time I've seen it happen in the middle. I did wonder.

1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

Someone else posted this few months ago. 

Comedy show, but subtle difference between breaching licencing rules and criminal law. Covid laws are criminal?

Besides UK law is different to US. US law the police have to be able to show the crime would have happened without their initiation. 

14 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Ever since covids started we've had a Police car or the laughable council "ENFORCEMENT" waggon up our street (not a logical thoroughfare) every single day. Like the endless wailing sirens of March and April, it's just a projection of state power, creating a false sense of emergency.