DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in here when you have had a covid vaccine -->

Democorruptcy

It's going to be pretty compulsory for some on here given their occupations so we're not going to have a fully complete shield wall of DOSBODers standing proud.

I have every sympathy and if it was also a case for m of have the jab or become unemployed then I'd be rolling up my sleeve.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 1

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's going to be pretty compulsory for some on here given their occupations so we're not going to have a fully complete shield wall of DOSBODers standing proud.

I have every sympathy and if it was also a case for m of have the jab or become unemployed then I'd be rolling up my sleeve.

Yep they have no choice another 3 people I worked with have it so the total I now know who have it at the moment is 8/9 .will they need the jab I wonder

Edited by stokiescum
  • Agree 1

stop_the_craziness
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've just had this exact conversation in real life.  At the moment I think I will be able to dodge the consequences of not having it, but times change and they change quickly so I expect to be constantly evaluating the cost/benefit ratio to my life as the situation unfolds.  Everyone's timeline on that is going to be different.

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
Just now, Democorruptcy said:

I wonder who is going to be first? The atmosphere is electric, it could happen at any minute.... tick tock...

They will come round your estate, knock on the door, pin you to the floor, give you the jab and paint a red cross on your front door on the way out.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Don't forget to ask them which one they gave you.

Apparently they are now considering mixing vaccines, so you might get the Pfeizer mRNA one the first time and the Oxford traditional vaccine the second.  Sounds like even more reason to avoid the jabs to me.

• Agree 10

2 minutes ago, PaulParanoia said:

Apparently they are now considering mixing vaccines, so you might get the Pfeizer mRNA one the first time and the Oxford traditional vaccine the second.  Sounds like even more reason to avoid the jabs to me.

The pic n mix way. Well, it is Christmas, but will it be the same with Woolies being bust?

• Lol 1

MrLibertyRedux
34 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

The pic n mix way. Well, it is Christmas, but will it be the same with Woolies being bust?

My life has never been the same since Wollies shut.

Before they closed there were forlorn small children wondering why there were never any toffee pennies left in the Quality Street mix..

:ph34r:.

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

My life has never been the same since Wollies shut.

Before they closed there were forlorn small children wondering why there were never any toffee pennies left in the Quality Street mix..

:ph34r:.

It was because those toffee pennies were lethal and pulled crowns off the teeth of adults. Been there, done that, had the hole.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

stop_the_craziness
2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

It was because those toffee pennies were lethal and pulled crowns off the teeth of adults. Been there, done that, had the hole.

The last time I ate a Cadbury's Chocolate Eclair sweet it cost me £400 in dentistry. 

Every time I see them now I still think of all the lovely things I could have bought with that £400.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4

Bandit Banzai

I reckon this is coming my way at some point. I travel a lot for work and I can see what the airlines are going to do.

I've already spoken to the boss about it. Apparently our German operation are way ahead and are already digging in their heals at the idea of the company asking them to do it.

It's a Japanese company and thier culture is totally different. They will just line up and take it. the nail that sticks up gets hammered down.

As an aside, in Japan they have annual health checks and their boss gets to see the results. Imagine that in the UK?

"come in Bandit and take a seat, I'd like to discuss your liver function test".

:CryBaby:

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 2

Democorruptcy
9 hours ago, Bandit Banzai said:

I reckon this is coming my way at some point. I travel a lot for work and I can see what the airlines are going to do.

We've got a contender but someone might beat you to it today!

spacer.png

swiss_democracy_for_all
On 08/12/2020 at 11:32, Frank Hovis said:

Yep, I'll probably have to have it. Travel a lot, and, well, we can see the way the wind is blowing.

If being rendered infertile is the main worry (personally I think that's being saved for pandemic II) then that doesn't concern me at all. :D

I'd prefer to have the Oxford one of imperfect but old tried and tested technology than an MRNA jab. 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yep, I'll probably have to have it. Travel a lot, and, well, we can see the way the wind is blowing.

If being rendered infertile is the main worry (personally I think that's being saved for pandemic II) then that doesn't concern me at all. :D

I'd prefer to have the Oxford one of imperfect but old tried and tested technology than an MRNA jab. 

The local radio was reporting from a care home this morning where they had received vaccines for all residents and staff.

It would be a brave member of staff that refused it.

• Agree 2

Perhaps we should also report here when we're about to have it.

You know, just in case we get an 'allergic reaction' and can't get back to a computer to report to everyone that we've had it.

• Agree 4

9 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

The adenovirus vaccine used in the Oxford one is an older technology but it hasn't been tested all that much, there's only one vaccine on the market in the West which uses this technology which is an Ebola vaccine that was approved for sale in Europe by the medicines regulator in May.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/vector-based-vaccines-come-to-the-fore-in-the-covid-19-pandemic-67915

• Informative 1

On 08/12/2020 at 14:30, Chewing Grass said:

They will come round your estate, knock on the door, pin you to the floor, give you the jab and paint a red cross on your front door on the way out.

Probably not the most aprop song but one of his more popular good ones and made me think of it 

swiss_democracy_for_all
On 08/12/2020 at 16:16, PaulParanoia said:

Didn't notice this post before. O.o

Please tell me you made it up and just forgot to put any joke emojis. 

Democorruptcy
16 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Didn't notice this post before. O.o

Please tell me you made it up and just forgot to put any joke emojis. 

Of course it's true.

UK scientists are planning trials to see if giving people two different types of Covid vaccine, one after the other, might give better protection than two doses of one jab.

This mix-and-match approach can go ahead only if another jab is approved by regulators, as has already happened with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

The head of the UK's vaccine task force said trial designs were being prepared.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55228415

They have started the trial

On 08/12/2020 at 15:16, PaulParanoia said:

There is a logic to the mixed vaccine approach which the BBC article doesn't quite make explicit which is that the mRNA vaccines appear very good at raising antibody responses while the adenovirus one appears to give a better T cell response, so combining them might give better immunity than just one or the other.

• Informative 1