DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

They're here

sarahbell

M S E Refugee
6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I see there are many Pro-Vaxxers in the comments.

This untested Vaccine gives me great hope that we can rid the World of the rabid leftists as they seem to be the most enthusiastic about taking it.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 2

Hmm.  I can't help but think that they're doing the very very old first because such a large proportion of them aren't in a position to moan about it (this lady is an exception, but the enthusiastic aren't too difficult to find).  

The problem being that it'll backfire if this group start getting the serious side-effects and get into health problems as a result.  It seems that the side-effects come with jab#2, so it'll take a few weeks before they start filling the hospitals (if it is actually a problem).

[At that age most elderly are one serious infection away from death, and the side effects are 'a bit like flu' in about 5% of individuals.  Of course, the side-effects might merely be uncomfortable and never life threatening -- but we just don't know at this point]

If stories start coming out that 'the vaccine killed gran' that'll be it for this particular jab.

• Agree 5

M S E Refugee
23 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Screenshot_20201208-091715.png

28 year old nurse.

60 something doctor. None on camera.

I wonder if this William Shakespeare will be saying "Alas poor Maggie I knew her well".

• Agree 4

15 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I wonder if this William Shakespeare will be saying "Alas poor Maggie I knew her well".

Looks more like he’s auditioning for the role of Yorick.  :)

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

1 hour ago, dgul said:

If stories start coming out that 'the vaccine killed gran' that'll be it for this particular jab.

No. It'll then be 17-50 year olds who must take it in order to protect granny. Just watch.

• Agree 2

Chewing Grass
1 hour ago, dgul said:

I would fully expect that such stories would be conveniently ignored, masked by 'other existing conditions' and if that fails 'fact checked' into 'fake news'.

After all its 'a fully-tested and approved Covid-19 vaccine on the NHS', altough god only knows what 'fully tested' means nowadays.

• Agree 3

swiss_democracy_for_all
13 minutes ago, Stuey said:

No. It'll then be 17-50 year olds who must take it in order to protect granny. Just watch.

This is my problem with the effing thing.

Statistically for the old, Covid is a genuine threat, so if the vaccine has nasty effects in a very small minority of people it might still be considered worth doing.

If it looks like it's going fairly well by next summer I might take it - I'm 55 and fairly strong and fit, but have one or two things in my medical history which might make Covid an issue. 

But for the young, the stats can never add up to Covid vaccination being a good idea because so few of them get badly sick- I hate the idea of giving it to my daughter (11yo) and intend to fight this. Fortunately many Swiss people agree with me according to the polls.

Anyway why would Granny need protecting if she's been vaccinated herself?

• Agree 3

Austin Allegro
4 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I would fully expect that such stories would be conveniently ignored, masked by 'other existing conditions' and if that fails 'fact checked' into 'fake news'.

After all its 'a fully-tested and approved Covid-19 vaccine on the NHS', altough god only knows what 'fully tested' means nowadays.

That was the first thing I noticed. Does the NHS invite people to have a 'fully tested and approved' flu jab, or cancer treatment, or any other treatment? What an odd thing to say, it's almost as if they know people are worried it might not be fully tested or approved...

• Agree 4

Chewing Grass

Women of child bearing age will be the interesting one as any 'consequences' of the vaccine are inherently delayed or not noticed for at least 12 months and possibly years.

Look out for increases in miscarriages, fertility problems and possible issues in children.

If any of those are serious it would tear the country apart, make a lot of British women unable to find male partners and foreign women more attractive for breeding UK resident males.

Edit:- I have screen-shotted that NHS Tweet just in case it ends up in Room 101.

9270169_Screenshotfrom2020-12-0811-11-11.png.fd92a3149e276ec5c975e3684c00df29.png

Edited by Chewing Grass
  • Agree 4

Austin Allegro
21 minutes ago, One percent said:

Dear fucking god, it’s a cult.   

This will  have been carefully co-ordinated with NHS and government communications people and the press. They will have agreed in advance exactly what was going to happen and it would likely be very carefully choreographed on the day.

That kind of thing does have a habit of backfiring on the government though. The first Romanian to arrive in the UK under EU rules for example, who was celebrated by the media but who then went home saying he didn't like the UK!

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

This will  have been carefully co-ordinated with NHS and government communications people and the press. They will have agreed in advance exactly what was going to happen and it would likely be very carefully choreographed on the day.

That kind of thing does have a habit of backfiring on the government though. The first Romanian to arrive in the UK under EU rules for example, who was celebrated by the media but who then went home saying he didn't like the UK!

I do wonder when the actual PR event took place though as they were spouting about it on the 5am news suggesting that it happened today?  Clandestine operation in the middle of the night?   

Chewing Grass
10 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

The big give-away was the fact that the propaganda department went to all the trouble of finding 'William Shakespeare' for the first session of publicity jabs. The hacks would be jizzing their pants/panties at the opportunity for great tag-lines.

Edited by Chewing Grass
  • Agree 3

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

The big give-away was the fact that the propaganda department went to all the trouble if finding 'William Shakespeare' for the first session of publicity jabs. The hacks would be jizzing their pants/panties at the opportunity for great tag-lines.

There must be a black pensioner somewhere called Winston Churchill.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 7
  • Cheers 1

stop_the_craziness

Giving it to old people first is a no-lose situation.

1. If they die, it can't be certain it was the vaccine (in exactly the same way that you could file them all under "died with" covid).  A sudden spike in young deaths would be obvious and very bad propaganda.  Same with side effects/health problems.  Oldsters have health problems already so it isn't easily traceable to the vaccine

2. Every old person that dies is a few £££ off the social care bill and the state/private pensions bill

3. "Protecting" the elderly is good PR

Edited by stop_the_craziness
  • Agree 5