DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Where would you put a podcast?

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

A question from the ignorant: why not on one of the video sites - YouTube, Daily Motion, Vimeo, Bitchute?

There is a podcast on my football club to which I'd like to listen but in order to do so I have to download an App for my phone which I'm not going to do simply to listen to one podcast.

Can you put stuff on youtube without video?

36 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

A lot of music is put up with a single static picture.

I don't see why you couldn't just put up a picture of a bee and then simply talk.

Check out Dave Cullen's "Computing Forever" channel on Youtube/Bitchute for some ideas.

When I first saw him mentioned on Dosbods and checked him out, his vids were stills of him in cartoon form as he narrated his latest political presentation.

I wasn't sure if he didn't appear in person in his videos because he was shy or because he was ginger.

Anyhoo, I have since watched some of his streaming interviews where he does appear in the flesh, as it were.

8 minutes ago, Gordie Lastchance said:

Check out Dave Cullen's "Computing Forever" channel on Youtube/Bitchute for some ideas.

When I first saw him mentioned on Dosbods and checked him out, his vids were stills of him in cartoon form as he narrated his latest political presentation.

I wasn't sure if he didn't appear in person in his videos because he was shy or because he was ginger.

Anyhoo, I have since watched some of his streaming interviews where he does appear in the flesh, as it were.

I have considered putting the PPT up with narration.

3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Yeah I sort of wanted somewhere that wouldn't disappear next week. It'd be easy for me to share the location with people.

Audioboom is $9.99 a month, but very good for podcasts if you want it to be professional and not jst a one-off

Otherwise, YT or Vimeo. I have both, I prefer the latter.

Use Audacity (free) and any free video editor to create a slide show (or just a holding image) or use Adobe Audition and PremierPro

Soundslides is another option for 'neat' presentations, but I haven't used it since it went bust, rose phoenix-like as Soundslides 3 and became pricey, well pricier than free. (I have Adobe Audition PremierPro CS5.5)

Another option could be Prezi, I use that too :-) This will give you a free weblink you can share.

It's not a podcast though. All depends what you want to achieve.

https://support.prezi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038281894-Adding-narration-to-your-presentation-using-Prezi-Video-

I really like Prezi when done well ;-)

Edited by Hopeful
4 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I am probably the only person left in the world using I-Tunes.

It took me so bloody long to master it that I hate to see all that pain go to waste.

I don't use iTunes, but I do listen to podcasts exclusively on the Podcast app on my iPhone.

Pretty much everything I want to listen to is there and the odd thing that went off to be exclusive elsewhere I've never felt the need to follow.