DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Third wave

Stunley Andwin

Stunley Andwin

They are actually going to do it. Will the sheople see through it next time round? How many subsequent waves will there be?

Edited by Stunley Andwin
  • Lol 3

Chewing Grass
13 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

They are actually going to do it. Will the sheople see through it next time round? How many subsequent waves will there be?

I think Gordon Sumner said there would be Seven in one of his pieces and then there would be Love all round.

• Cheers 1

Austin Allegro
39 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

Some idiot forgot to crop the graph on the right hand side. Surely it was supposed to show all lines going sharply upwards with no downward turns in sight.

• Agree 1

MrLibertyRedux
20 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

If these COVID waves were actual salty-water waves in the sea, then the film "Point Break" would not make any sense...

XYY

Dead Presidents, Trump/Biden crossover thread?

• Lol 1

8 hours ago, maynardgravy said:

So a wave of coffin dodgers and fat fuckers will be occupying the NHS

But enough about the staff.

I think the nurse on the not just flu advertisement is probably overweight.

Every nurse clapping for the first vaccine patient was a bit chunky

• Agree 1

According to the UK Gov stats, the 2nd wave is looking like a damp squib.

As of yesterday, the last 7 days show:

Tests conducted: Up 147,835. +6.9%

Patients admitted: Down 962. -9.2%

People tested positive: Up 1,582. +1.5%

Deaths within 28 days of positive test: Down 218. -6.8%

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, jm51 said:

According to the UK Gov stats, the 2nd wave is looking like a damp squib.

As of yesterday, the last 7 days show:

Tests conducted: Up 147,835. +6.9%

Patients admitted: Down 962. -9.2%

People tested positive: Up 1,582. +1.5%

Deaths within 28 days of positive test: Down 218. -6.8%

These people just aren't trying.

It's like they don't want to be clapping for nurses.

The bastards.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

On 09/12/2020 at 12:08, ElKapitan84 said:

Still waiting for evidence of a first wave.

Peak actual illness was around about April, in the UK. It's well down now.

The fact that USA, and India for instance, are a bit behind, is purely due to the size of the place.

Caravan Monster
On 08/12/2020 at 14:11, Stunley Andwin said:

xD Comments on that twitter suggest the  fear isn't working anymore. To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a small wave in covid cases during jan-feb alongside the annual peak in flu deaths (and the msm / gov will try to claim both as covid). I believe UK hospitals are currently running below normal seasonal occupancy and should be easily able to cope with a small rise in cases in the New Year. Going on the low numbers of positive cases even where the government has been trying it's best to find a casedemic, I would guess it is either less virulent than a year ago, or else asymptomatic cases are non or minimally transmissible.

• Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Our local hospital in Kent currently has all beds full with corona virus cases, canceling operations again.  Two weeks ago this wasn't the case.

I’m calling BS

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, AQUAMAN said:

I’m calling BS

Anecdotal from a friend who works in the hospital, on the surgery side.  A month ago they said that there were only 6 cases (or so, I don't recall exactly) hospitalised in East Kent.  They were then fairly sceptical and still today not very keen on getting the vaccine.  Only recently have they been roped back in to help out with corona virus cases.

Also anecdotally, I didn't know anyone last time who tested positive.  This time, wife's nursery is shut due to a positive test, one member of staff claims to be quite ill with it.  All three of my kids are off school as their two schools are closed due to positive tests and lack of staff.

9 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

How is the NHS (peace and blessings be upon them) going to be overwhelmed with smaller and smaller "waves" ?

They quoted a figure of people waiting for hospital appointments with thousands waiting over 12 months.

Covid isn't a year old so NHS was shit before this too

Oldham hospital has people on trolleys in corridors. As usual.

Caravan Monster
58 minutes ago, AQUAMAN said:

I’m calling BS

It's possible that hospital mentioned is the one taking covid patients for the region, meaning that there is plenty of capacity available at other hospitals in the region. That seemed to be what happened in the north a few weeks ago when the media were hysterically printing headlines about hospitals reaching capacity, which may have been true for individual hospitals, but misleading because beds were available at other hospitals. Difficult to know because the nhs publish data with a 2 week lag iirc.

Edited by Caravan Monster
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, MrPin said:

Peak actual illness was around about April, in the UK. It's well down now.

The fact that USA, and India for instance, are a bit behind, is purely due to the size of the place.

Was it?

Actual illness?

• Agree 1

We also have to remember that everyone admitted to hospital us tested. So you go In with a bad leg fracture and test + 

You are now officially a "covid patient"

So they may well have all beds with with "covid patients". Technically. 

And this time of year full beds isn't exactly unusable either. 

• Agree 4