DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Masks first line of defence

stokiescum

Why arnt we being told to change them or get them to a certain spec or whatever .I’ve had 3 months out of my shopping one and school run one . I know it’s doing fuck all it’s surposed to be used for 2 hours tops .yet if they were so

important would we not be getting public anounments etc 

• Agree 1
stokiescum
3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Aren't those blue ones, the ones the NHS ordered, but they weren't good enough, so they sold them to the public?

I pinched mine from Macclesfield hospital when I had to stay there for 4 nights in a row the place was riddled with Covid lol .my place decided why risk why risk different members of staff just risk

mark

lol . The blacks at my place rebelled a refused to go hence operation meat shield ie whites protect the blacks by going there I got told off for that comment lol

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3
Dogtania

think it's too complicated or not feasible to tell the public they should only be wearing briefly once - and ideally and if actually doing things by the book throwing away or washing straight after.  So IMO maybe stops diffusion of extra snot and germs to an extent but equally untold consequences of wearing all the time getting bugs or other worse nasties.  Can't see it being a common headline or research subject at the moment. 

I have a couple of cloth ones and should clean a lot more often - they keep me warm a bit in shops and I don't mind hiding but not ideal in general and on balance probably bad at least for wearer. 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I have two cloth masks.

They both live in coat pockets and have never been cleaned.

Am I doing it wrong?

xD

I keep one in my arse pocket in case the retailer "insists". I got it in February, and I have never washed it, or the "magic" will get washed away.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 5
stokiescum
6 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

I have two cloth masks.

Am I doing it wrong?

xD

That’s my point no it would be drilled into us to change or wash them a lot else. Cough

Bornagain
6 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

I have two cloth masks.

Am I doing it wrong?

xD

Two !!

Posh bastard.

You have just come here to show off....:)

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
SpectrumFX
1 minute ago, Bornagain said:

Two !!

Posh bastard.

You have just come here to show off....:)

Not just two masks. Note the subtle way that I slipped in the fact that I also have two coats.

xD

• Lol 5

I bumped into Mrs Neighour yesterday, and I didn't recognise here. At least she had a decorative mask, and not one of those blue ones. Perhaps it's all about anonimity, with all the CCTV, and internet data harvesting about today?

• Agree 1
10 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Why arnt we being told to change them or get them to a certain spec or whatever .I’ve had 3 months out of my shopping one and school run one . I know it’s doing fuck all it’s surposed to be used for 2 hours tops .yet if they were so

important would we not be getting public anounments etc 

When you get a question like this, turn it on its head.

Because we're not being told to change them or get them to a certain spec or whatever, they know masks aren't so important.

• Agree 7
stokiescum
19 minutes ago, apples said:

When you get a question like this, turn it on its head.

Because we're not being told to change them or get them to a certain spec or whatever, they know masks aren't so important.

That’s my point 

JoeDavola

The reason you aren't being told to change them is they don't really dp much in the first place.

A mate of mine works in Tesco and got a big batch of masks that the staff were told to wear with their uniform - the same sort the plebs are wearing.

There was a big disclaimer on the box saying "this is not PPE" - which to me reads like "this doesn't really do anything".

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 8

To state the obvious, what they do is psychological, not physical.

I remember long before wearing masks became law, my Dad wanted to know if I had a builder's mask kicking around from DIY work. The cheap, disposable kind that you wear to stop dust getting up your nose. He'd tried to buy proper PPE ones, but couldn't find any! His rationale was that he wanted something he could wear if he or my Mum got sick to stop the other getting it too. They live in fear of each other dying! :( He has a science background and still took a lot of convincing that he was being silly. Heaven help Mrs Karen in Tescos!

Anyway, you don't need official guidance when Mumsnet has you covered!

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/3989072-Washing-reusable-masks

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/4026326-How-do-I-wash-my-mask-by-hand

• Lol 1
3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

The reason you aren't being told to change them is they don't really dp much in the first place.

A mate of mine works in Tesco and got a big batch of masks that the staff were told to wear with their uniform - the same sort the plebs are wearing.

There was a big disclaimer on the box saying "this is not PPE" - which to me reads like "this doesn't really do anything".

Proper (expensive) clinical masks do have a small effect on protecting against transmitting disease to someone else, at least in a clinical context (staff likely to be vectors, patients likely to be vulnerable, close contact).

That's it.

All the other cheapo and diy masks don't have protective powers.  Badly worn/fitted* proper clinical masks don't have protective powers.  This has been shown in the few trials where they've bothered to test their assumptions.

[* and it is easy to do it wrongly.  That's why medical staff have to be trained on how to wear them]

VitD has been shown to have protective powers.  Even the Zoe trial, where the data was taken during summer and when most people aren't vitD deficient and where people were taking the lowest possible dose showed this effect.  Yet there hasn't been any public announcements telling people to take lots daily over winter.

Idiots.

[They could even tell people to take vitD now, but it's too late -- they've fluffed up their 'trust us, we're clever' public trust and now too many people won't trust them]

• Agree 3
3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

It's not the sort of thing you wear in a biolab, or other clean room area.

JoeDavola
36 minutes ago, dgul said:

[They could even tell people to take vitD now, but it's too late -- they've fluffed up their 'trust us, we're clever' public trust and now too many people won't trust them]

In March they could have started a movement to get the country healthy - lose body fat and optimize vitimin D levels.

But our health is not their priority.

• Agree 6
37 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

In March they could have started a movement to get the country healthy - lose body fat and optimize vitimin D levels.

But our health is not their priority.

It is stratospherically bonkers.  There is no downside to either of those.  Just tell people to do it / take it 'just in case'.

I still have absolutely no idea why it wasn't done then, let alone why it isn't being done now (when we've actually got data showing it is somewhat effective).

• Agree 1
JoeDavola
11 minutes ago, dgul said:

It is stratospherically bonkers.  There is no downside to either of those.  Just tell people to do it / take it 'just in case'.

I still have absolutely no idea why it wasn't done then, let alone why it isn't being done now (when we've actually got data showing it is somewhat effective).

There should be free and easily accessible Vitimin D testing for everyone.

Get everyone into the sweet spot for optimum health.

Do that and get people to lose weight and you'll save a fortune. But I can't help but think in the same way there's a military industrial complex there is a medicine industrial complex that has no real interest in a healthy populace.

• Agree 4
17 minutes ago, dgul said:

Vitamin D would have been cheap, and nobody makes much money from it. Just to add, I don't know how effective it would be.

The XYY Man
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Vitamin D would have been cheap, and nobody makes much money from it. Just to add, I don't know how effective it would be.

Vitamin N was reputed to be helpful against the COVID too...

Reg3.jpg?format=1500w

XYY