DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Is it scientifically proven that the body needs to eat fat?

I think we need sugars, carbs etc but do we really need to eat fat? Animal products are full of fat.....

Prove it to me, a nobel prize winner might be believable xD

Thanks!

PS I'm not on a vegan crusade, in fact I just ate a whole 'fat bastard pizza' that had meat on the top but this is a rare 'treat' for me......

Actually is a pizza really a treat? I'm still suffering from decades of brainwashing and my body will be telling me later that I'm a daft twat who just stuffed himself with shite :P

Edited by 5min OCD speculator
48 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

I think we need sugars, carbs etc but do we really need to eat fat? Animal products are full of fat.....

Omega-3s are a type of polyunsaturated fat. They’re deemed essential fatty acids because they’re necessary for health but cannot be made by your body. 

Thus, you must get them from your diet.

Rather than being stored and used for energy, they play important roles in many bodily processes, including inflammation, heart health, and brain function.

Omega-3 deficiency is associated with lower intelligence, depression, heart disease, arthritis, cancer, and many other health problems.

I’m not sure how long it would take to die of essential fatty acid deficiency, quite a long time I would imagine. It’s more that you wouldn’t really thrive, like the stereotypical vegan (pale, weak, thin hair, low energy).

You don’t need much either, a handful of seafood a week would be ample, or even just some supplements.

11 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Omega-3

ok cool that's interesting.....omega 3 sounds like something lurpak stick in their butter....

alpha-Linolenic acid is found in things like flaxseed and walnuts so vegans fear not!!

This one has nice hair xD

vegan.jpeg

Edited by 5min OCD speculator
3 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

ok cool that's interesting.....omega 3 sounds like something lurpak stick in their butter....

alpha-Linolenic acid is found in things like flaxseed and walnuts so vegans fear not!!

ALA isn’t as good as the EPA from marine sources. You can get vegan friendly supplements made from an algae called spirulina that contain it though, if that is a concern.

There are people who haven't eaten carbs for 20 plus years so they're not neccessary to keep us alive. 50 years in the case of Owsley Stanley. 'The Bear', creator of the sound system for The Grateful Dead.

Only eating protein is bad news. Rabbit Starvation aka Protein Poisoning:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning

Lots of vegan food has fat in it.

I think you can probably live relatively healthily on a low fat diet.

Every weight loss diet from the 70s onwards promoted a low fat diet.  Those people aren’t dead (we’ll not because of their diet anyway).

Unrelated:

MW-FM825_oecd3__20170519093401_NS.jpg?uu

Although,  to be fair that probably had more to do with food being cheap, abundant and convenient than just people eating less fat and more carbs.  

Fat is one of the great pleasures in life, it is energy and nutrient dense, when mixed with other stuff makes food great and above all made life for humans liveable North of the Mediterranean through winters.

You can only live without animal fats in the UK courtesy of Fossil Fuels, Oil and Fertiliser.

Vegans and indeed vegetarians were non-existant until the late Victorian era when the Industrial revolution made it just about feasible.

Before that, animals were natures food processing factories for the human race.

I rest my case.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my opinion but carbs are one of the bigger evils and more so carbs in the form of sugar, it's up there with smoking and the denial of how bad it is in todays world and the huge scale of sickness and deaths is a disgrace

I have actually gone back to full fat milk and butter and use plenty of olive coconut oil

Any fat that is hard at room temperature then don`t touch it...apart from cheese...you have to partake in some evilsB|...I have been eating butter since I was a kid and drinking full fat milk too.

I did fall for the propaganda about Flora for a blooming generation being good for you , and low fat milk being better...but that is BS..& have since gone back to real food , that is not processed. Low fat milk goes bad quickly...that should tell you lots..

Real fat (from meat) is ok...go for it..it isn`t hard at room temperature. Any fat that is hard at room temperature will go hard in your veins too..you don`t want that.

On 09/12/2020 at 13:15, 5min OCD speculator said:

I've just looked at a bottle of cod liver oil with vit A & D from sainsburys and that's got EPA and DHA so I'm on it from tomorrow and hope my hair starts growing back xD

& don`t fall for that crap , men are more virile and have more testosterone if bald...they don`t..they just have a higher level of an enzyme that causes baldness when combined with testosterone..:Old: