DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

London becoming unsafe for the rich

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long tbh. 

When you have the super-rich cheek by jowl with millions of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers then what could possibly go wrong?

Nearly four grand a month for protection and the robberies continue.

London continues to descend into the pit.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13431971/guy-ritchies-10million-home-targeted-by-gang/

Is the amount you spend on personal security to be the new status symbol?

The wealthy in Rio and San Paulo travel between home, work and places of leisure using helicopters. If they tried travelling on surface roads they would very likely be killed or kidnapped by the criminal gangs that control the streets.

IMO London is doing it’s best to follow the second/third world shithole model of how society should operate. Get out while you can.

10 minutes ago, Rowley said:

New South Africa. On the way soon for middle class and above:

Gated communities. Security chaperoned outings. Panic rooms.

Maybe but the way things are going it's only going to be a very small number, holding on tight to their riches.

We're not a poor violent unstable country (yet, but just can't see the British at large being bothered to switch off strictly and go robbing). 

South America, South Africa obviously all have but also hot weather, growing middle class - big divide between rich/ middle and scum on the bottom.  Whereas not so much here with safety nets, UC and shrinking middle/rich class.

The 4k that rich in London quote is interesting though... Quite telling and not something that's really broadcast (in the same way I'm sure since the GFC 2008 etc the rich probably gilded to the max but all behind large hedges and high walls. 

London maybe going to the dogs though you do hear nutjobs all around and years back visiting that was definitely my experience.  Makes sense if you have the money and surrounded by organised gangs and Crims of all sorts to pay for extra security - guess in guy Richie case this was why the police were on site when they were.

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Weused to have a safe environment and a cohesive community. What happened to undermine that?  

Moaning on the Internet hadn’t been invented as an all consuming addiction where feeble minded voyeurs can mainline previously unnoteworthy regional news stories into their empty lives.

7 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

The wealthy in Rio and San Paulo travel between home, work and places of leisure using helicopters. If they tried travelling on surface roads they would very likely be killed or kidnapped by the criminal gangs that control the streets.

IMO London is doing it’s best to follow the second/third world shithole model of how society should operate. Get out while you can.

I saw a programme said it was due to the horrific traffic in Sao Paulo. 

As for £4 per month. Wtf. 

You could hire some radge jocks just to hang around outside looking menacing and psychos on shifts for less money. 

9 minutes ago, ccc said:

I saw a programme said it was due to the horrific traffic in Sao Paulo. 

As for £4 per month. Wtf. 

You could hire some radge jocks just to hang around outside looking menacing and psychos on shifts for less money. 

I'd say that the problem with London is finding some actual British chavs that you could trust to defend rather than rob you is unlikely.

I worked for a company that had hired a local security firm to look after a big building prior to its repurposing.

Despite that all the copper piping and other scrap metal was robbed.

I heard on the QT that certain of their employees tipped off their mates about the times of patrols and what was worth robbing.

You would literally have been better off with no security.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'd say that the problem with London is finding some actual British chavs that you could trust to defend rather than rob you is unlikely.

I worked for a company that had hired a local security firm to look after a big building prior to its repurposing.

Despite that all the copper piping and other scrap metal was robbed.

I heard on the QT that certain of their employees tipped off their mates about the times of patrols and what was worth robbing.

You would literally have been better off with no security.

Are you blaming white pikies stealing the copper? Its provinical, look to brown facers stealing cockney copper, we dont live in oliver twist times anymore, its not white peoples fault that london arseholes got so cheap they import there immigrant tea leaves

5 minutes ago, ninjaborrower said:

Are you blaming white pikies stealing the copper? Its provinical, look to brown facers stealing cockney copper, we dont live in oliver twist times anymore, its not white peoples fault that london arseholes got so cheap they import there immigrant tea leaves

I am but I forgot to note that this was in Cornwall rather than in London.

Even the thieves are white down here.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long tbh. 

When you have the super-rich cheek by jowl with millions of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers then what could possibly go wrong?

Nearly four grand a month for protection and the robberies continue.

London continues to descend into the pit.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13431971/guy-ritchies-10million-home-targeted-by-gang/

Well this was more than 2 years ago now. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/legendary-cricket-commentator-henry-blofeld-declares-he-s-leaving-country-because-london-is-horribly-violent-a3924126.html